Sunday, June 9, 2013 Trip Report

DiamondAceExpress

I had to drive my son, Lucas, to Kings Island early, to arrive there by 7:00 am for Coasting for Kids. Since there wasn’t much for my daughter, Lucy, and I to do there at that hour, we went to Cracker Barrel and enjoyed breakfast there and browsing the store before going back for ERT. We first did Diamondback, then Backlot, then when the rope dropped we went over to Flight of Fear, Zephyr, and Bumper Cars. Most of the cars hadn’t left their overnight parking spots yet, and we did a couple rounds in the rumored-to-be-fast cars #35 and #9. I’d say #35 is the faster of the two and it is not wise to collide the two head-on.

We went over to The Racer and I wanted to take a picture of Lucas doing the Coasting for Kids thing, and while I was waiting for him to come by, my daughter got mad at me and went and rode the other side by herself. Then we did Adventure Express and Boo Blasters. Lucy’s friend and her family were coming and going to meet us in Soak City in the afternoon. We ate a packed lunch in the car, then went in Tidal Wave Bay for about 45 minutes. That was enough water stuff for me. Our friends finally came and the kids ran off and we lounged around and talked for a couple of hours. It was cloudy, then started to sprinkle, I thought the Funbrellas would be fine to stay dry under, but one of the workers was coming around and closing them all. It was starting to rain harder and we didn’t know where the kids were. We went over to the train station and after awhile they arrived on the next train. To my horror, Lucy was holding a brown balloon animal puppy!!!

The friends left and we drove back to the main park and waited in a short line for the front seat on the Blue Racer before meeting Lucas and other Coasting for Kids participants at 6:30. They went off to ride The Beast and we split again. We hadn’t had any dinner, so we got some blue ice cream and sat under the Woodstock Whirlybirds. Then we did Boo Blasters a couple more times and ran into Lucas and jcgoble3 on our way to the bumper cars. Lucas joined up with us for the bumper cars, Zephyr (where we saw Mrs. Gator) and WindSeeker, but apparently we were cramping his style and Lucas left us again. We did a couple rides on The Racer, Adventure Express and my daughter did White Water Canyon. Before we left, we were sitting on a bench and a stranger, with 5 dollar bills in his hand, walked by and said they had flown out of my daughter’s ear and he was returning them. We had been unaware that there was money flying out of her ears, but we certainly appreciated the kind stranger’s help.

• Like 10

The funny thing is that when Indyguy4KI and I were on Flight of Fear that same day, we found two five dollar bills folded up and sitting in the bottom of our car! It makes me wonder if that same person randomly put those five dollar bills there as well. Anyway, I'm happy you and Lucy had a good time at the park while we were Coasting for Kids.

• Like 1