Least Favorite Ride?

TheCrypt

I can't go on rides that spin a lot. I'm fine and don't get nausea on most coasters (I'll get to that), but for some reason I just can't handle spinning on flat rides. But as for roller coasters, my least favorite is by far Mantis. It's not even because of the "guy problem" on this ride--I've learned to ride so that I don't get hurt in this way. But I just hate stand up coasters and the high G forces in them. My legs hurt after riding them and standup coasters are the only coasters that make me feel full out nauseated. Not just disoriented like after riding an Invert, but I honestly felt like I was about to puke. Not a fun feeling. I'd rather ride Mean Streak or Corkscrew a thousand times over riding Mantis or any standup.

• Like 2

Magnum and Maverick are ones that I don't like because you fly out and hit your legs on the lap bar, hard. But since this still in KICentral I would have to say The Racer. It's rough, unthrilling, and overall a mediocre experience compared to all the other coasters at Kings Island with exception of few. Last year though, Vortex was my least favorite because of head banging and my ears hurt. Now it's fine because I grew over the off-season. The ear banging on Vortex zone is approximately 5'2" - 5'9".

Also quick follow up to all the mean streak haters. I am one of you as well, but I must say this year I was fairly impressed. Rode red train, car two, row one, right seat, and honestly it wasn't bad. It's not enjoyable as it's lift hill is trimmed to oblivion and there is still some mad vibration in some of the turns, but it's actually very tolerable now. I came off unbeaten and unharmed, but also unthrilled.

• Like 1

One of my least faves is Invertigo because of the intense g's-after my last close fainting spell I have refrainded from riding that ride.

I thought enthusiasts loves intense rides?

I love Invertigo and the deja vu clones.

Worst coaster in the lark is the backyard stunt coaster. That is a piece! Paramount trying to pull a disney or universal on a miniscule budget.

• Like 3

Hey, Backlot's theming is still better than anything at CP.

Maverick is themed pretty cool if you ask me.

Also, to the Mean Streak haters, how can you hate it! What a great ride. One of my favorite woodies that I've ever ridden. (I realize how bad that sounds)

All the hate for my beloved Vortex...

As for least favorite, it is without a shard of doubt, the Tower of Terror at Disney MGM (er, Hollywood) Studios. I rode that when I was 12, and it traumatized me to a point that anything that vaguely resembles a Drop Tower just about gives me a panic attack.

I tried later riding our Drop Tower at KI. Never again. The Scream Machine at Coney is about my limit when it comes to freefall rides. And yet, Strata coasters don't bother me in the least. Which tells me that it is not height-related, nor speed-related, but is likely directly tied to my perceived trauma on Tower of Terror as a young'un.

Also, to those who dislike Mean Streak but haven't ridden it recently, ride it again, in the front of the brown train. Smoothest ride on a wooden coaster I've ever experienced. I kid you not.

• Like 1