Next ride removal

hendrix70

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Adventure Express and Vortez are huge capacity eaters. I don`t foresee them leaving anytime soon since apparantly, maintenance is not an issue. Ever wonder why these two rides don`t have any turnstiles, just the line up to the station? It is because the line moves fast enough due to the high capacity. I don`t imagine that thopse two rides will be leaving anytime soon, but PKI has surprised us in the past with removals.

"How do you know it's B.S? Did you take surveys down at Carowinds and here? Hm... "

I'm not saying they don't do surveys. That just doesn't seem likely that they would transfer rides because people say on a survey that they want a ride more. If that were entirely true, then we could get any coaster we wanted from the other parks, hence me bringing up the vote for Borg Assimilator.

Arrow coasters rock... steel coasters rock... i think the next ride to go will be hmmm... i really don't know. I think they should take out a lot of the old HB rides, the ones that look like a death hazard from the rust on them and replace them with better looking new rides but KI is too cheap. yeah thats my pick, and i have been on atom ants before with my baby cousin and i thought i was gonna puke... so i can't even handle an extreme rating of 1. Don't diss atom ants it's not expendible and it's newer than some other rides.

Arrow costers are *****IN!

They probably won't take anything out for a while. If they do add the Spongebob Boating Course, it would probably take the place of a few of the small Kiddie Rides in HB/NC. And if we get another large coaster, I would expect it behind The Racer, next to Flight of Fear. It would be pointless to tear out Top Gun to build anything - it's such a small footprint, and the only thing thats going back there is that new Lodge.

"How do you know it's B.S? Did you take surveys down at Carowinds and here? Hm... "

I'm not saying they don't do surveys.  That just doesn't seem likely that they would transfer rides because people say on a survey that they want a ride more.  If that were entirely true, then we could get any coaster we wanted from the other parks, hence me bringing up the vote for Borg Assimilator.

Well then how is that B.S? You avoided my question. Because you're wrong.

And yes Arrow Coasters are totally *****IN!

I do not see Vortex, Top Gun or Adventure Express leaving the park. The only coaster they might remove would be Scooby's Ghoster

Coaster, which will not be taken out because they hold the record for the most kiddie/family coasters. The only thing I see them removing would be Congo Falls(Kings Dominion took out a similar ride).

Well then how is that B.S?  You avoided my question.  Because you're wrong.

And yes Arrow Coasters are totally *****IN!

Did I take surveys here or down at Carowinds? No, I did not. Where were the alleged surveys? When were the alleged surveys? Remember, this is your THEORY. You yourself can not prove this. Honestly, though, do you seriously think they move rides from park to park just because a small group of people, ranging from 100-5,000 people, say they want them more than the people who already have them. Think about it. In PKI, they would obviously survey people who just got off the ride, and ask their opinion of it. At least half the people surveyed would be from out of town, and only visitors to the park once a year at most. Anyone who was not a regular patron of the park would not reflect the general feeling towards the ride. (Down to Carowinds) Asking people who might not have ever ridden a scooters ride would also not reflect general feelings toward the ride. Scooters is one of those rides where you really need to know what it's capable of doing before you have an opinion of it. It is almost a sure thing that PKI would have more people liking it (since they have ridden it) than PCarowinds (where many people surveyed have not ridden a scooters ride before, some not even knowing what one was). If there was a survey, it would prove that Eagles was appreciated enough where it was to stay in PKI. Guests opinion was NOT considered in this matter. The decision was made by Paramount, because they thought it was a small ride that no one would even notice being gone, and an easy way to give another park a "new" ride. Must I keep reminding everyone how cheap this company really is.

TG and AE are not guest favourites, TG is hated by some because it is so short and pointless, plus if it was removed, it would provide easy access to the rest of PKI's property.

Ok first off your messing with the wrong crowd(the Arrow Crew[because we're *****IN]) here to say this. Like most peple on here have already said and I will tell you once again because maybe it didn't sink in. AE is the most popular coaster in the park based on capacity. Im pretty sure that Vortex comes in a close second because they run 3 trains for close to 95% of the season. I think Derek can back me up on this one. As for TG, one of the best suspended steel coasters ever. Yes its short, but the longer the ride, the longer the wait will be to ride it. They bust out 30+ trains an hour down there which is almost unheard of for a coaster with 2 trains. The same with AE even with 2 trains they average about 35 trains an hour. Multiply that by 30 and you have a a lot of people in one hour. In the summer when the ride has 3 trains they are pushing out an average of 45 trains an hour.

Maybe this is why you think that AE and TG are so unpopular because their lines are so short. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason is not because that they are unpopular, but that they are so fast paced that they can get you on the ride in less than 20 mins even with a line going out the entrance(AE).

So before you start saying that AE and TG are "not guest favorites" then maybe you should sit in one or both of those stations on BAFFD and tell me that neither one of those rides is a "guest favorite," after seeing 10,000+ riders on both. Those two rides can take on any other ride in the park and crush it in capacity.

Consider yourself lucky that Drew didn't see this post or he would have gone off about this comment more than I did.

Ok first off your messing with the wrong crowd(the Arrow Crew[because we're *****IN])  here to say this.  Like most peple on here have already said and I will tell you once again because maybe it didn't sink in.  AE is the most popular coaster in the park based on capacity.  Im pretty sure that Vortex comes in a close second because they run 3 trains for close to 95% of the season.  I think Derek can back me up on this one.  As for TG, one of the best suspended steel coasters ever.  Yes its short, but the longer the ride, the longer the wait will be to ride it.  They bust out 30+ trains an hour down there which is almost unheard of for a coaster with 2 trains.  The same with AE even with 2 trains they average about 35 trains an hour.  Multiply that by 30 and you have a a lot of people in one hour.  In the summer when the ride has 3 trains they are pushing out an average of 45 trains an hour.

Maybe this is why you think that AE and TG are so unpopular because their lines are so short.  Did you ever stop to think that maybe the reason is not because that they are unpopular, but that they are so fast paced that they can get you on the ride in less than 20 mins even with a line going out the entrance(AE). 

So before you start saying that AE and TG are "not guest favorites" then maybe you should sit in one or both of those stations on BAFFD and tell me that neither one of those rides is a "guest favorite," after seeing 10,000+ riders on both.  Those two rides can take on any other ride in the park and crush it in capacity.

Consider yourself lucky that Drew didn't see this post or he would have gone off about this comment more than I did.

Like I have already said, and I will tell you once again because maybe it didn't sink in, I don't hate arrow coasters, and just between you and me, I LOVE ARROW COASTERS! I love Vortex, I love AE, I like TGUN. I'm willing to bet I go to the park to ride rides more than you, and I have witnessed all the lines in just about every kind of scenario and day of the week. You can NOT say AE is popular based on capacity. Like you said, it runs more cycles than any other ride in the park, of course it's going to have a large capacity, duh! The only times I have ever ridden AE and had a full train were on crowded days. Any other time, the trains 3/4 full at most. Clearly, there isn't a big rush to ride this coaster.

Next, Vortex. This is a very popular coaster, one of my favorites in fact. (You might want to read that last sentence again so that there is no more confusion in the matter.) The reasons why I think we will lose it eventually are as follows: 1) Flying Eagles. Paramount proved they don't care what their guests think, they'll remove whatever they want. 2) PKI is changing to become a more modern movie themed park. There is no room for an old coaster that has no theme to it. 3) Vortex needs track replacements, because it has an age limit, to keep it running safe. Paramount is too cheap to do this. It would be a "better" idea to just tear down the ride everyone loves and replace it with something guests are sure to call short and overrated. (*wink wink IJST*)

Finally, TGun. I like this ride too, not love it, like it. But, it is not worth the long walk to get to it. ^Who would possibly think that it's not worth waiting in line a little longer for a much longer ride. Are you stupid? The ride never has a line anyways. It would if the ride were longer, you know this is true. Don't give me the "you're the only one that thinks this way" talk. Once again, it never has a line, (and I wonder why). The only times it has a line are on weekends, because everything else has a line too.

In conclusion, I hate people who keep quoting me and taking what I say out of context. I am just being realistic ever since the park surprised us with the removal of the scooters, and I am just stating my opinions ( I don't think TGun is popular enough to keep, especially with the park owners minds set on removing rides to make way for new ones, despite the incredible amount of undeveloped land we have.).

Extra Note: I worked on Top Gun for a year, back when it was more popular than it is now. It only had lines on weekends and BAFFD. Not because we worked fast and got a lot of cycles (we did do this though), but because no one entered the freakin' line. Also sitting up at SOB greeter, I could see how many people entered TG's line....and there weren't many. Once again, don't lecture me on how many people ride Top Gun, I've had experience and I know more than you in this matter

I can't remember what day it was, but I think it was Nov 6. I came and Top Guns line was backed up to that overpass thing for the maintenence road, the one that says High Security Area painted on it. I got in line, and saw people backed up to there, and thought - screw it. I got out of line and went to SOB. Like I said, I think it was Nov 6, but it might have been a couple weeks before that - I can't remember. But the crowds definately love it!

Edit: And why do they love it you ask? Because its totally *****IN! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Alrighty then, since you seem to know EVERYTHING going on at the park, if Gun is taken out, what prytell would go in the valley? Let me remind you, besides what is used right now, you have SOB on the right, parking lot on the left, campground at the top of the hill, and steel maintenance nearest you. So what, since you want something longer and not a long walk to it, do you think Paramount want in the valley? Please, indulge us. We are hanging on your every word.

Please dont act like you know everything about the park, and what the park wants. Those who know dont talk, and those who dont know, run their mouths, kinda like what you are doin. So, for once in your life, please, hold your tongue. We are supposed to be fans of the park, and you are sitting here badmouthing the corporates. Ok, they made one bad decision. Doesnt mean that the corporate people think of just ticking us off. So just ease off, think of the good times, fondle those good times, and shut up about the corporate offices not thinking about us.

Oh my God, not again. I'm not expressing what I "know" the park will do. I'm saying my opinion about Top Gun and why I wouldn't care if (if not want them to) they removed it. That's all! I state facts and observances on why it should be removed too. Again, That's all! I'm am entitled to my own opinions. I just hate when people say that the stuff I notice is completely wrong. It's people like this, that take everything I say and then turn it against me saying that I'm telling what the park is going to do, who are wrong.

Since I know you all are going to read this and once again badmouth me for it, let me lay out what I have been saying:

1) I like Top Gun, but think it should be longer. No need to look into this, there are no alterior motives or anything like that. Thousands of other people think this too.

2) I have stated reasons, using my own observations in the park, why I wouldn't mind if they replaced Top Gun with something else. These observations have also led me to state why your average theme park would want to remove this ride for said reasons, were they willing to take on the costs.

3) I have not said that the park is going to do this, or claimed to know anything about the park's future plans, as it is more than likely these large coasters will not be touched for years to come.

4) I accuse everyone who thinks the opposite of #3 about me of being a complete moron.

Thank you.

Next, Vortex. This is a very popular coaster, one of my favorites in fact. (You might want to read that last sentence again so that there is no more confusion in the matter.) The reasons why I think we will lose it eventually are as follows: 1) Flying Eagles. Paramount proved they don't care what their guests think, they'll remove whatever they want. 2) PKI is changing to become a more modern movie themed park. There is no room for an old coaster that has no theme to it. 3) Vortex needs track replacements, because it has an age limit, to keep it running safe. Paramount is too cheap to do this. It would be a "better" idea to just tear down the ride everyone loves and replace it with something guests are sure to call short and overrated. (*wink wink IJST*)

Vortex might not be themed, but I don't think anytime soon they'll get rid of it. Look at Corkscrew at Cedar Point, built in what '76? King's Island is too cheap? Look at SOB (lots of bling bling there), or even your precious Tomb Raider, thats big bucks. Even Delirium and the waterpark. How do you know Vortex needs track replacements? And if any ride is overrated it's that piece of crap Tomb Raider.