Next ride removal

hendrix70

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capacity is the only concrete way of looking at popularity, but it does not prove it....

SNIP

Yep. It's official. Your an idiot.

I just changed the wording a little on that post so that you could get it. I thought what I said was simple, but obviously I still have to talk down to some people. From now on, just tell me you don't understand something I say and I'll try to explain it in an easier way than Layman's terms.

Also, I did write this at night, I was tired, and when I'm tired, choosing perfect words becomes a little hard.

No, AZ Kinda Guy isn't being dumb! Besides the fact that he is the moron police, and incapable of being a moron himself, he has a point, although I think the flaming was a little uncalled for.

Capacity has nothing to do with how popular a ride is. Adventure Express is the highest capacity ride. That means it gives the most rides in one day (assuming there are enough people who actually WANT to ride it - on a normal day the trains are rarely full). It does not make it the most popular. People don't come from California, and say "Yay! Its Adventure Express! I drove 2000 miles just to ride this legend of a coaster!" They come for The Beast, and for the Son of Beast and for Vortex. Son of Beast has a lower capacity, but I believe it is the only PKI roller coaster to actually be mentioned onscreen by Grissom on the TV show CSI. For those of you who dont know, CSI is a forensic show, and Grissom is the lead investigator, and he is a coaster nut. In one episode he commented how much he liked SOB. He didn't mention Adventure Express. ph34r.gif

Yeah, that's what I said. Why does that make AZkindaguy right? So I slipped and put a bad word in, and it made it seem like it contradicted itself. The point was still there, a good point, and I was still flamed. I don't think I'm the only one who has accidentally typed something that doesn't exactly say what the typer is trying to say.

Homey....your ignorance is exceeded only by your inexperience. I am not expecting to get the Eagles back. I am way over it. I only stated that it was a short sighted decision to move a guest favorite ride then pay what it took to move it to another park when there was still room for it here. Wow boy, your estimation of the importance of your thoughts and opinions is amazing. One person expresses an opinion about the business ofmoving a ride and you're first response was to proclaim Italian Job would kick it's ass..which in comparing apples to oranges, then you mistake progress for this theme park for progress in the game of life. Homey, you should have lamented the Eagles leaving for their historical importance to the park, if you worried about the bigger picture, instead of the importance of your own wants and needs for KI, you'd be a better man. the world needs better men. Join THAT club.

StewWill

ph34r.gif

Actually in that CSI episode, not only did Grissom mention Son of Beast, but he mentioend that his favorite was The Beast! Pretty cool for Kings Island and two of its roller coasters to be mentioned like that on a very popular show! Of course it probably helped that CBS is owned by Viacom which owns Paramount Parks which own Kings Island.

You can`t base popularity off of a ride`s capacity. Face Off has an extremly low capacity, and can`t push through a lot of people. However, most days when I am there it has a long line. I would say in a heartbeat that Face Off is a more popular ride than Adventure Express.

• 5 years later...

I decided to bump this topic... not only is it interesting to know how people felt five years ago (and how different KIC was, then), but we really need a good discussion topic for the next week.

Besides, of course, Son of Beast, methinks either Congo Falls (one of my favorite rides), or The Crypt will be next to leave, one (and only one) within the next four years.

There are two rides I could see that would feasibly be taken out. SOB and The Crypt. Reason being: the fact that maintenance is a problem with both rides. One injures people and one in the past few years was closed more than it was open. I will hate to see these two go when their time is up because when they first opened I was in love! As for Top Gun, now Flight Deck, that'll be here until it falls down I'm pretty sure. It's still a ride I do enjoy!!!

Its called humor man, and Top Gun will not be taken out for a long time. Its not even a possibility, so dont even think it. Top Gun is here to stay!

Big Bad Wolf was 100 times the ride that Top Gun is...and it's gone.

I like it to, and will be riding it as much as possible the next couple years, b/c it's outta here.

I think they're going to get rid of Top Gun and bring back The Bat. While they are working on that part, they will also take out Congo Falls and buy back those monorails and the safari. I'm sure Jungle Jims will sell them back cheap!

Seriously though, I really hope they tear down SOB and The Crypt. They don't need to replace them with anything, but neither one is worth keeping open, when they're only running less than 50% of the time. I hate showing up to the park just to see the rides closed...last time I went, SOB, Top Gun, Face Off were all closed for the day. (though I am guessing it was for inspection/maintenance..but still)

*Yay 200th post! biggrin.gif *

Anyways, I definately see Diamondback going in 2011.

But... NO! Seriously, I see SoB and The Crypt going within the next three or four years. Make SoB a B&M Stand-Up/ Invert or something worth making that won't get you dead. Crypt... maybe a spinner or another flat.

It just depends.