OSHA fines SeaWorld $38,500 for safety violation

I had a hard time finding the original thread even with search...so yeah. If you guys are able to find it would be helpful just for the sake of knowing.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/osha-fines-seaworld-38500-for-safety-violation/-/1637132/20501998/-/tmqtyez/-/index.html

I actually loved this part:

"OSHA's enforcement activities and the new citation demonstrate the agency's continued and fundamental misunderstanding of how to properly and safely care for and work around these animals. "

As I have said in the past, OSHA are out of their element here, considering the amount of keepers attacked by elephants, bears and tigers. (worst those facilities gets are usually just an investigation and fined, never pursued like this) It does mention physical barrier, by psychical barrier, one of the methods done are these bars the trainers put down between them and the orca if they are knelt down in very close proximity (like checking/cleaning their teeth etc)

In this pic they had just sat the bars down and preparing to clean his teeth

IMG_6005.jpg

Inspecting Keet's dorsal

IMG_8990.jpg

I have seen these guys turn themselves almost completely around while submerged on the ledges like that, it always kind of fascinating considering their size.