Falcons Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa

The theme park is Universal Studios Florida but the resort is Universal Studios Orlando. The Orlando flex ticket gets you into both theme parks so why not just say USO?

Back on topic MiceChat posted some beautiful pictures of Falcons Fury and how it's changing the skyline at Busch Gardens Tampa.

http://micechat.com/57441-busch-gardens-tampa-4/

The theme park is Universal Studios Florida but the resort is Universal Studios Orlando. The Orlando flex ticket gets you into both theme parks so why not just say USO?

No, the resort is the Universal Orlando Resort. There is technically no such thing as "Universal Studios Orlando".

Trademarks: they're important, apparently. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well...I guess it is better to break off, and have the ride go down and need repaired, then blow up and potentially kill riders. Still- not good for Intamin's image, or the park's. Hopefully it gets fixed...but the way some Intamin rides, like Pilgrims Plunge/Giraffica, have fared recently I dunno...

^
Yep. And it's a good thing. If rides were never tested prior to opening, who knows how many people would get hurt/killed...heck, if I remember correctly back in the very early years of coasters they weren't tested and there were a LOT of deaths...

It is designed to do that in the event of an overpressure. So instead of making a bomb it snaps away to relieve the pressure. Yes it's an issue, but it is acting as the pneumatic arm is designed to do.

So if the arm is designed to break off like this, which honestly seems like a horrible design flaw, wouldn't that swinging loose pneumatic arm cause a serious safety issue? In some of the videos the arms that are malfunctioning are clearly banging off the tower while the gondola drops. Now I am not an engineer but the last thing you would want is a loose object hitting the tower on the drop while still attached to the ride gondola. I would think a simple pressure relief valve that would rupture would be much safer, effective and easier to fix every time. Then again who am I to question Intamin's engineering?

• Like 2

I can only imagine what this thing will do under load with riders, while it tears itself apart.

After watching these test drops and the swinging motion from face down to sitting, I am a bit concerned on this motion and how quickly it happens. Seems to be a very rapid change in direction while you are still descending, which may cause a quick spike in positive g's. Two issues that concern me, being face down and dropping like that may cause a rush of blood to the head, then the rapid swing to a sitting position the blood will rush out of a ridders head. This may cause greying out, black out, or even worse. Just saying it is a much quicker motion than I expected and I seriously hope the engineering has been well executed, unlike previous Intamin rides that needed to be altered because of the effect on the rider.

• Like 1

The blood will barely have time to rush to your head..Stand on your head for 10 seconds, you'll be fine

The blood at most will swing to your rear, that's about as far as I think it'll go..Plus with most riders they tense up making a straining maneuver almost and this does help prevent G-LOC. In Laymans terms, you'll be fine, I would practically guarantee it.

Its already passed its opening date of may 1st why am I not surprised. Intaimin rides now a days are not reliable at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

They have known for a few weeks that the ride would not be open on May 1st. The park blamed on going construction for the delay in the article I read.

I expected this ride to be way different than it actually is. Maybe they will have it worked out when I visit the park the first week of June.

I'm willing to wait through Intamin working out the bugs and having downtime on these rides for the thrill they produce. People complain all the time about Intamin yet there's constantly long lines for all of the big Intamins.

• Like 3