Falcons Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa

Umm...CedarPointer, that was only true in RCT2. RCT1 you could build a 250-foot Drop Tower (as high as that game allowed anything to go) without breaking the intensity meter. RCT3 also allowed this, but since that game had no height cap (with a cheat code) you could build a 100,000 foot Drop Tower and peeps would still ride it, as the intensity seemed to max out at around 8.5...

Then you have RCT2's stupid roto drops, where you can make them up to 170 feet max. Beyond that, the intensity goes red...so re-creating Kings Island's Drop Tower means no guests will ride it. Yet the S&S Launch Towers can easily do 300 feet no problem...

It's one of my few big gripes with RCT2. (Another one would be the 4-car limit for 3-row wooden coaster trains, even though real coasters around at the time had them, including all 3 adult wooden coasters at KI when RCT2 was released- Beast had 6 cars, Racer had 5, & Son of Beast also had 6...)

As for this ride...I once had a dream of a Drop Tower like this, but instead of merely tipping out and you facing the ground...it did a full-on flip, and you dropped UPSIDE DOWN. It was called "The Piledriver"... :P A very fitting name, eh?

Wow. That does look intense. I wonder if it is the same manufacturer as the drop ride at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I believe that one was a MoseRides install, and I believe they have had issues with it. It was down when I was there back in March of this year.

Some issues is an understatement.

TPR just confirmed this will be an Intamin ride.

Clicky

Thank God. I'm glad SEA learned from their mistakes.

I would hope that the default fail is to have the riders in the upright position; while the mechanical action will force the rider into the vertical position.

If not, well I couldn't imagine hanging face down, 300 feet high for 1 second, let alone 1 hour.

Im glad I have my season pass price locked in. Prices just went up $4 to 89.00 for single day admission. Anyway, the Falcon is being built in the Timbuktu area, and is being built on the site of the Sandstorm, which closed last month. Intamin is yhe builder of another ride we have called Cheeta Hunt. Fun ride...but alot of breakdowns, and its the slowest loading coaster in the park. If its busy, my son and I dont bother, even with a wristband. Falcon will only sit 32 people, so you might have to bring an extra beer in line with ya. SO.... aside from all of that......WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

It appears to be falling by gravity. The link says you won't actually be going up 300 feet, and I hope they let you stop falling at least a few feet before you hit the ground.

The drop distance seems similar to our Drop Tower, so the speed will probably be similar too. (315 ft. with 264 ft. drop, at 67mph?) Maybe the larger span from spreading people out will slow it down a few mph?

Edit to add: Oops, forgot to mention that I really want to go ride this.

I wonder if Drop Tower could one day be retrofitted with the Falcon carriages? This will be a must ride for me, and the only time other than GIB's the redundant seat belts on the harnesses seem a pretty much mandatory for my ridership. Then again B&M flyers don't bother me but I get to see it ratchet into position.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity, where did you find this pic? Can't find it anywhere on TBT's website. (I'm not questioning that you just drew this picture...just curious which article the picture is in)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of going until I saw $89.00 for a ticket. Jeezzz!

Is the ride a freefall? The things is 335FT tall and only hits 60MPH

Buy your ticket online. Sometimes they have a Play & Dine Deal which is you get your admission plus free All Day Dining.

All Day Dining is an extra $32.99 otherwise.

Or, you can get the Fun Card, which is basically a season pass. They call it "pay for a day, and come back all year." Parking is not included in the Fun Card.

If you make at least 2 trips to BGT with the Fun Card, it would be worth it.

I did the Fun Card in 2012 because I visited in April, and then again in December.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...