Bonfanter Gardens Holiday Lights

coasterrz

While Paramount Parks does not own the park but manages it, I still found it interesting that Bonfante Gardens is introducing a Holiday Light display this season. Could this just be related to Bonfante Gardens? Probably. But, it could be an experiment for Paramount Parks to test the feasibility of returning Winterfest to PKI in 2005. The one thing that I found interesting is that if you have a BG season pass, you get free admission to the Holiday display. That coupled with the fact that PKI said expressly in their advertisements that season passes got free admission to Fear Fest THIS year has me wondering. Could Fear Fest not be back next year or in a limited nature so that the park could prepare for a reincarnation of Winterfest? Possibly. However, in reality, this is probably just me looking way too much into the entire situation.

It is a small park near Paramount`s Great America. And PKI Punk, Paramount Parks did not purchase Bonfante Gardens, they entered into a management contract with Bonfante. Essentially, Paramount Parks manages the park but does not own it. PP has introduced several tie ins with Paramount`s Great America such as using PGA passes to get into Bonfante Gardens.

Do you really think that we could have a winterfest??? I think it would be really cool... but would that mean a real freeze fest (sorry it's cold during the winter). I would love something to have happen related to the holiday season at KI, because it seems like it dies and comes back again... but if there was something that happened for the winter season it would be awesome...

EmoNun, PKi used to have Winterfest, from 1982 to 1993. There were very few rides open. Primarily, the Smurf ride, Antique Cars, both Carousels, the train, and I believe the last couple of seasons they opened up the Dodgems as well. It could return, but I doubt they open any coasters except for maybe Flight of Fear due to the cold. If they did have a coaster open, I would imagine it would have long lines.

And you would know where everyone on this board would be every saturday, that one line.

Personally I think you are looking WAY to far ino this. The differences in a lights show and a park half-open are staggering. Thats kinda like saying that the Cincinnati Zoo lights show (forget what it is called) is exactly like PKI being open for Winterfest. I will retract this if BG has some major rides open. I dont know much about whats goin on except what was posted.