What's Up With Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular?

BoddaH1994

11 business days or just 11 days? Did you account for the time the letter was sent and for when the park would have received it? You've also got to remember what's going on right now in the park, preparations for Haunt. Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular is more than likely on the low end of the totem pole when it comes to priorities.

Honestly, it'd be cool if you got a response back, but don't count on it. There have been numerous people who have brought ideas/complaints to the park...some are addressed and some aren't.

While I agree that something needs to be done, I'm sure they know about it and are trying to weigh all the options in regards to it. Some changes don't happen overnight.

• Like 4

11 business days or just 11 days? Did you account for the time the letter was sent and for when the park would have received it? You've also got to remember what's going on right now in the park, preparations for Haunt. Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular is more than likely on the low end of the totem pole when it comes to priorities. 

Honestly, it'd be cool if you got a response back, but don't count on it. There have been numerous people who have brought ideas/complaints to the park...some are addressed and some aren't. 

While I agree that something needs to be done, I'm sure they know about it and are trying to weigh all the options in regards to it. Some changes don't happen overnight.

I try to keep things positive when I'm at the park. So when I'm there, I try to pick out one person or experience that was good and e-mail Guest Services about it. I've never really gotten a response but many of the area managers that I know have told me in person that the feedback was forwarded to them. So even if you don't get a response, someone has seen it and hopefully acted upon it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I try to keep things positive when I'm at the park. So when I'm there, I try to pick out one person or experience that was good and e-mail Guest Services about it. I've never really gotten a response but many of the area managers that I know have told me in person that the feedback was forwarded to them. So even if you don't get a response, someone has seen it and hopefully acted upon it.

I've had the same with the park as well when it comes to positives.

However, when I've sent in comments to Cedar Point, I've either got an email or letter sent back to me after a week.

The starlight spectacular is very disappointing compared to what it was. I took my grandma down there Labor Day weekend, and was in shock as to how terrible it looked. I turned around before we even got to the stars. On a side note the garden clock wasn't working a lot this year I noticed. Will be extremely sad to see that feature go. I've loved it since I was a kid.

• Like 5

EVERY visit to a Six Flags park with a season pass gets a survey. EVERY survey response is carefully read by park employees and a daily summary is provided to James Reid-Anderson, Chairman and CEO of Six Flags. Letters to Mr. Reid-Anderson are replied to within a week of receipt.

Customer input is very important at that company that counts its flags.

• Like 3

In customer service - especially when you have been given by the specific contact their email address to send them correspondence, it is good guest relations to at least acknowledge the receipt of the letter. I don't expect a personalized bullet pointed action plan of how they will be implementing all my grand ideas with budget amounts, I think it is "good face" to at least respond with a "thanks for your thoughts" letter. It seems to show what stock they place in feedback. I also realize they are busy with haunt prep, but I highly doubt the person who I sent the email to is stringing cobwebs each day.

Email transmits immediately so there really isn't "lag time" is transit. Also the letter addressed a lot more than simply starlight spectacular. In my business, if a guest brought up valid complaints and mentioned preferring instead to purchase a season pass to a park several hours away - potentially loosing revenue of food, concessions, good will and positive word of mouth, I wouldn't let it sit for 12 (now) days without even a form response.

• Like 1

^ I got prompt responses to comments I submitted last summer. I have yet to submit anything this year.

As for why they're going unanswered now, it could be KI's post-summer staffing. At least one of the responses I got last year was sent by an intern. By now, all the interns would be back in school.

• Like 1

In customer service - especially when you have been given by the specific contact their email address to send them correspondence, it is good guest relations to at least acknowledge the receipt of the letter. I don't expect a personalized bullet pointed action plan of how they will be implementing all my grand ideas with budget amounts, I think it is "good face" to at least respond with a "thanks for your thoughts" letter. It seems to show what stock they place in feedback. I also realize they are busy with haunt prep, but I highly doubt the person who I sent the email to is stringing cobwebs each day.

Email transmits immediately so there really isn't "lag time" is transit. Also the letter addressed a lot more than simply starlight spectacular. In my business, if a guest brought up valid complaints and mentioned preferring instead to purchase a season pass to a park several hours away - potentially loosing revenue of food, concessions, good will and positive word of mouth, I wouldn't let it sit for 12 (now) days without even a form response.

Trust me, I know customer service and the business side of things. Things happen to prevent responding to an email or letter right away. Have you accidentally ever hit delete on an email or have you ever opened an email and closed out of the program to do something else and totally forgot? I honestly don't know what else to say other than be a little bit more patient and forgiving. From what it sounds like your letter/email isn't life or death or even something that would cause defamation of the park, to MOST people the issue at hand is not a big deal, to you it is. Maybe the park may even need to weigh all of the options, on either fixing it or taking it down, before they email you back about it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't email or write you back, because I frankly would love to hear what Mr. Scheid said about my email that Don had forwarded on to him, but I didn't get a response.

• Like 1

For what its worth - the text of the email. I know it was very long, and that is my problem. I tend to bottle up observations, and it may have not been goverly positive, but I also had a whole "seasons worth" of things that just kept bugging me. I tried to indicated how much we want to love and be proud to "show off" the park. This was sent (at his request) to Robert.Hartshorn@visitkingsisland.com when I noted on the feedback page that it was challenging to provide feedback in 250 words or less. Its very interesting the number of people saying they dont get any response. That to me is amazing in a business that it all about entertainment and guest experience. That is really the only "product" they are selling, and to not address guest's preceived shortcomings in that "product" shows a fundamental inability to connect within their hospitality business model.

First let me begin by saying I consider KI our "home" park as we live 20 min away, had passes this year and visited many times. That being said, I feel a lot of frustration each time I visit seeing the potential that the park COULD have and seeing it fall short. Our family hasn't really been to the park a lot since the Cedar Fair acquisition until this year with our passes. I think we may have come 2-3 times over the past few years - not enough to really take in the details. Our kids are nor 8 and 5. Our 5 yo girl LOVES rides and wants to go on everything. Our 8 yo son loves any well themed ride with an EXPERIENCE (like stunt track with the police cars) and is only starting to like bigger rides (and only then if there is a theme to distract him - like Adventure Express which he is loving. We got passes hoping to really let "Thrills Connect" like your slogan says.

Through this season, I have just gotten more and more frustrated with the opportunities I see to be an amazing park, not just the average place it has become. This past Sunday (9/1)on a major holiday weekend, when you could have put your best face forward, it all come full circle and I cant just complain to my wife anymore.

I'll just go down my "list"
INTERNATIONAL STREET
• The "front door" of the park needs love. Many of the buildings are in real need of paint and refurbing. 24 million would go a long way toward that
•Lights along the rooflines are spotty at best. Lights in the trees could make it really special at night, and probably improve bottom line as people might want to hang out here more and buy more.
•The music is ANNOYING While I don't mind top 40 in Coney, what happened to more dramatic, instrumental music that actually set a mood and created an impact. I can hear what plays throughout the park on my radio in the car. I want to come to this place to escape and have an experience - not feel like I am blasting my home stereo speakers through my open windows.
•The food options provide no "international" feel and remind my how overpriced the park is, since all that is there is stuff I can get right outside (Auntie Ann's) for a lot less money. If I had food options that I didnt have a "real world" comparison to I wouldn't mind as much.
•The clock on the front of Festhaus is a total embarrasment - the door is broken open with a character half in and half out, the clock doesn't work and all the flags are missing - again, where is the experience? Would 24 million help that out?
•Tower gardens is a sad looking smoking porch. Where are the flowers or details to make this little corner actually something worth going into - why are the waterfalls off?
•The flower clock - can you really not afford flowers to plant the whole clock? Mulch is fine, but come on - its a major centerpiece to the entrance to the park and its only half planted. Maybe some of that 24 million?
•The fountains are only half lit at night. The new show at Canadas Wonderland is exactly the type of show KI should be moving toward, but in the mean time the blue lights should be replamped so what we have still looks great
• The carousel has peeling paint all around, and why has the caliope been removed? Those are the little details that make a park special - those and the topiaries that used to be around the carousel like the horse, the Eiffel Tower, the bell, the hanging basket - all the things that don't go fast, don't go upside down, don't make you any money, but make the park a place I WANT to show off to out of town guests.
• Whatever is left of Starlight Spectacular is unbelievably embarassing. I am surprised that the park even lists this in the entertainment guide. I honestly cant believe the state it has gotten in in only three years. I remember this from its first year. It was an odd idea, but well done. On Sunday it was one bush with a few red lights. A few stars with only a few red parts lit up. A few floodlights in the trees and one color - not all working - of the zigzag on the tower lit - not cycling. Only one of the characters was lit. The flowers haven't moved all season. Most of the trees are dead and removed around the tower. What trees are left dont even light up half the time. This to me shows that the management really doesn't care about keeping the "extras" going. The posts from where there was a sign for the "spectacular" a few years ago are still there with no sign even on them. If I was "showing off" my home towm park to people I would be embarrassed by this. There are so many ways to keep guests in the park later and keep them spending later, that I dont understand the total abandonment of this area. I hope there are some plans to use the technology and infrastructure that is there for some other type of evening light show as it is sad to let it all go to waste the way it is

Planet Snoopy
• Why not play some Peanuts instrumental music here mixed into the "kids bop" stuff that plays at WAY too loud volume?
• Why not use the Starlight Spectcular characters and idea here to show the fun "year round" the peanuts gang can have - like the Starlights at your other parks
• Why not create a fun, family dark ride using the Peanuts characters to create an immersive ride experience and make new fans. I bet 24 million could develop an awesome family ride that had themeing and immersive elements
• Many of the characters in the Boo Blasters don't work anymore - the one family dark ride in the entire park only half works

RIVER TOWN
•Would 24 million dollars make a dent in creating an awesome, truly original attraction for that really large - formerly awesomely themed building thats just sitting there like a sore thumb? Maybe something "New" and innovative instead of just a longer, taller or slightly different coaster?
• Is there no way to put area appropriate games in the "themed" areas of the park? Why even have themed areas anymore when there is an NBA basketball shooting hoops game in what should be a frontier "river town" I know CF doesnt do themeing, but maybe the new leadership has some ideas from his old place of employement?
• Why not play country or blugrass music in this area? It could even be "new" country - just something that fits the area better.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
• It really annoys me when the ride ops have personal conversations over the headsets (and the speakers) while waiting to load the ride. I dont care what they did last night, and I dont want to hear about it over the speakers. I think its unprofessional.
• There are concrete footers everywhere where elements have been removed. These footers just look sloppy and makes you wonder what cool elements might have been there before they got ripped out. If CF is never going to put some of this themeing or other elements there - at least get rid of the "evidence". Again, it just looks lazy.

I could go on, but I know this is all pointless, since I guess I have different expectations for the in-park experience that the management has identified as its core customer. I just get frustrated when I see so many things that aren't being cared for or maintained, and you are spending 24 million an a new (I sure many will like it) ride. The irony of this is that if you say "thrills connect" they really dont, since my 8 and 5 year old cant ride some of the rides. My poor 5 yo want to ride everything, and she cant even ride the white water raft ride that she rode endlessly at Dollywood. As I said, we have come a lot, and spent a lot this season, yet most of the times we come, my wife and I spend most of the time apart with our two kids since she cant "connect" on many of the rides. It seems like real "family" experiences are missing, yet we are spending 24 million to put in yet another coaster that "breaks records" but isnt even a new or innovative experience as suspended coasters have been around for years.

I want to really love the park. I really want to "show it off" to my out of town friends. I want to see a park that really takes pride in itself, but right now, I don't see that.
Thanks for listening. I hope to see some "improvements" next season.

• Like 7

Instead of sending it to Guest services at Kings Island, send it to corporate. Best that corporate know of the situation, the park already knows starlight looks like crap and obviously they are ok with that, maybe corporate may have a different opinion.

I kind of wondered what excuse they gave Ouinet about Starlight when he came to town. There's no way he'd sign off in it.

Nemo, maybe you have some insight on this... how come "stuff" seems to work longer and better at other parks in the chain? Starlight at Wonderland seems to still be working, Luminosity has been good, Stunt Track worked better at other parks... what gives? Are they budgeted differently?

• Like 1

Instead of sending it to Guest services at Kings Island, send it to corporate. Best that corporate know of the situation, the park already knows starlight looks like crap and obviously they are ok with that, maybe corporate may have a different opinion.

I kind of wondered what excuse they gave Ouinet about Starlight when he came to town. There's no way he'd sign off in it.

Nemo, maybe you have some insight on this... how come "stuff" seems to work longer and better at other parks in the chain? Starlight at Wonderland seems to still be working, Luminosity has been good, Stunt Track worked better at other parks... what gives? Are they budgeted differently?

Without going into much detail and divulging park information...

It really came down to budget, the team that builds it, and the maintenance. Unfortunately as great a park KI may be, flaws can be found all over. Starlight, sub-par security, people smoking everywhere, Tower Gardens, the disgusting state of the seats on Diamondback and the splashdown). But when it comes down to Starlight, its downfall was the department looking after it.

Some departments at the park are given a larger budget than others. One such department that does not receive an adequate budget is Entertainment. Shows are run off 15 year old equipment that desperately needs updating (anyone who works with entertainment technology and has seen a show at KI can concur). When Starlight was built, the team that built it and put it together were NOT workers from the company that designed it, but employees of the park that had never worked on a project like this, and when it was completed and the season began those workers went on doing their regular jobs. So naturally, there wasn't a team anymore to maintain it. As the season went on it was apparent lights began to die out, and by the by the end of the season and the temperature began to cool, it would have seemed to be a good time to store the equipment away for the cold winter; However, as we have seen on the webcams, the giant stars and LED lights were left out during the long winters. After 4 Ohio winters, full of icy storms, blinding snow, and sleet, it is not hard to picture the outcome of what happened to the lights because we all did see the outcome this summer. The show was contracted for 3 seasons, with last season being its last. I was certain that the park would have removed all the strands of lights and the stars but when I received a text from Ryan early this season that it was still there, I was surprised to say the least but I knew that after 4 seasons, the park had no intention on putting any sort of budget into the "experience". Starlight, in the eyes of the park was like a new car (or in this case let’s make it a new touch screen smartphone to appease the younger crowd on this forum). Please refer to the image below and relate it to the topic at hand.

What-Is-Your-Reaction-When-You-Get-A-New

This is what happened to Starlight. It is also what is happening to Diamondback; yes the ride is still running beautifully but a look at how disgusting the line looks, the black stains on the seats, and the rusty look in the splashdown?

In terms of things Cedar Fair has done to upset me, Starlight is second with Tomb Raider: The Ride being first. I shouldn't really concern myself with these topics and continue to think of things that the park has done to royally **** me off. I just need to let it go and just accept what has happened, happened. I don't know why "stuff" seems to work better at other parks but a strong answer might be the team behind it and proper management. I wish Kings Island would look after itself better, but, now being only a guest of the park it is not my duty to babysit it and like a dog hit it with newspaper and give it a stern, "NO" when it does something wrong. I will continue to voice my concern, but alas, I am only a guest with money in my wallet to them. Besides, I have better things to do like, oh... I don't know, enjoy my vacation in Japan and visit parks like Disney Sea.

Maybe someday I will tell more stories with more information, but right now I feel this is enough and I hope it was filling, if not, go get seconds at the Reds Diner!

• Like 13

For what its worth - the text of the email. I know it was very long, and that is my problem. I tend to bottle up observations, and it may have not been goverly positive, but I also had a whole "seasons worth" of things that just kept bugging me. I tried to indicated how much we want to love and be proud to "show off" the park. This was sent (at his request) to Robert.Hartshorn@visitkingsisland.com when I noted on the feedback page that it was challenging to provide feedback in 250 words or less. Its very interesting the number of people saying they dont get any response. That to me is amazing in a business that it all about entertainment and guest experience. That is really the only "product" they are selling, and to not address guest's preceived shortcomings in that "product" shows a fundamental inability to connect within their hospitality business model.

First let me begin by saying I consider KI our "home" park as we live 20 min away, had passes this year and visited many times. That being said, I feel a lot of frustration each time I visit seeing the potential that the park COULD have and seeing it fall short. Our family hasn't really been to the park a lot since the Cedar Fair acquisition until this year with our passes. I think we may have come 2-3 times over the past few years - not enough to really take in the details. Our kids are nor 8 and 5. Our 5 yo girl LOVES rides and wants to go on everything. Our 8 yo son loves any well themed ride with an EXPERIENCE (like stunt track with the police cars) and is only starting to like bigger rides (and only then if there is a theme to distract him - like Adventure Express which he is loving. We got passes hoping to really let "Thrills Connect" like your slogan says.

Through this season, I have just gotten more and more frustrated with the opportunities I see to be an amazing park, not just the average place it has become. This past Sunday (9/1)on a major holiday weekend, when you could have put your best face forward, it all come full circle and I cant just complain to my wife anymore.

I'll just go down my "list"

INTERNATIONAL STREET

The "front door" of the park needs love. Many of the buildings are in real need of paint and refurbing. 24 million would go a long way toward that

Lights along the rooflines are spotty at best. Lights in the trees could make it really special at night, and probably improve bottom line as people might want to hang out here more and buy more.

The music is ANNOYING While I don't mind top 40 in Coney, what happened to more dramatic, instrumental music that actually set a mood and created an impact. I can hear what plays throughout the park on my radio in the car. I want to come to this place to escape and have an experience - not feel like I am blasting my home stereo speakers through my open windows.

The food options provide no "international" feel and remind my how overpriced the park is, since all that is there is stuff I can get right outside (Auntie Ann's) for a lot less money. If I had food options that I didnt have a "real world" comparison to I wouldn't mind as much.

The clock on the front of Festhaus is a total embarrasment - the door is broken open with a character half in and half out, the clock doesn't work and all the flags are missing - again, where is the experience? Would 24 million help that out?

Tower gardens is a sad looking smoking porch. Where are the flowers or details to make this little corner actually something worth going into - why are the waterfalls off?

The flower clock - can you really not afford flowers to plant the whole clock? Mulch is fine, but come on - its a major centerpiece to the entrance to the park and its only half planted. Maybe some of that 24 million?

The fountains are only half lit at night. The new show at Canadas Wonderland is exactly the type of show KI should be moving toward, but in the mean time the blue lights should be replamped so what we have still looks great

The carousel has peeling paint all around, and why has the caliope been removed? Those are the little details that make a park special - those and the topiaries that used to be around the carousel like the horse, the Eiffel Tower, the bell, the hanging basket - all the things that don't go fast, don't go upside down, don't make you any money, but make the park a place I WANT to show off to out of town guests.

Whatever is left of Starlight Spectacular is unbelievably embarassing. I am surprised that the park even lists this in the entertainment guide. I honestly cant believe the state it has gotten in in only three years. I remember this from its first year. It was an odd idea, but well done. On Sunday it was one bush with a few red lights. A few stars with only a few red parts lit up. A few floodlights in the trees and one color - not all working - of the zigzag on the tower lit - not cycling. Only one of the characters was lit. The flowers haven't moved all season. Most of the trees are dead and removed around the tower. What trees are left dont even light up half the time. This to me shows that the management really doesn't care about keeping the "extras" going. The posts from where there was a sign for the "spectacular" a few years ago are still there with no sign even on them. If I was "showing off" my home towm park to people I would be embarrassed by this. There are so many ways to keep guests in the park later and keep them spending later, that I dont understand the total abandonment of this area. I hope there are some plans to use the technology and infrastructure that is there for some other type of evening light show as it is sad to let it all go to waste the way it is

Planet Snoopy

Why not play some Peanuts instrumental music here mixed into the "kids bop" stuff that plays at WAY too loud volume?

Why not use the Starlight Spectcular characters and idea here to show the fun "year round" the peanuts gang can have - like the Starlights at your other parks

Why not create a fun, family dark ride using the Peanuts characters to create an immersive ride experience and make new fans. I bet 24 million could develop an awesome family ride that had themeing and immersive elements

Many of the characters in the Boo Blasters don't work anymore - the one family dark ride in the entire park only half works

RIVER TOWN

Would 24 million dollars make a dent in creating an awesome, truly original attraction for that really large - formerly awesomely themed building thats just sitting there like a sore thumb? Maybe something "New" and innovative instead of just a longer, taller or slightly different coaster?

Is there no way to put area appropriate games in the "themed" areas of the park? Why even have themed areas anymore when there is an NBA basketball shooting hoops game in what should be a frontier "river town" I know CF doesnt do themeing, but maybe the new leadership has some ideas from his old place of employement?

Why not play country or blugrass music in this area? It could even be "new" country - just something that fits the area better.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE

It really annoys me when the ride ops have personal conversations over the headsets (and the speakers) while waiting to load the ride. I dont care what they did last night, and I dont want to hear about it over the speakers. I think its unprofessional.

There are concrete footers everywhere where elements have been removed. These footers just look sloppy and makes you wonder what cool elements might have been there before they got ripped out. If CF is never going to put some of this themeing or other elements there - at least get rid of the "evidence". Again, it just looks lazy.

I could go on, but I know this is all pointless, since I guess I have different expectations for the in-park experience that the management has identified as its core customer. I just get frustrated when I see so many things that aren't being cared for or maintained, and you are spending 24 million an a new (I sure many will like it) ride. The irony of this is that if you say "thrills connect" they really dont, since my 8 and 5 year old cant ride some of the rides. My poor 5 yo want to ride everything, and she cant even ride the white water raft ride that she rode endlessly at Dollywood. As I said, we have come a lot, and spent a lot this season, yet most of the times we come, my wife and I spend most of the time apart with our two kids since she cant "connect" on many of the rides. It seems like real "family" experiences are missing, yet we are spending 24 million to put in yet another coaster that "breaks records" but isnt even a new or innovative experience as suspended coasters have been around for years.

I want to really love the park. I really want to "show it off" to my out of town friends. I want to see a park that really takes pride in itself, but right now, I don't see that.

Thanks for listening. I hope to see some "improvements" next season.

Perhaps the reason you didn't get a response was because your entire email sounds like one big essay explaining how an enthusiast (you) would run their park.
  • Like 1

^^ The very least that they could do is respond with an email that states something like:

"We appreciate your concerns and are looking into the examples you have mentioned in your email. As a valued customer, we take your concerns seriously, because you are what makes our park Kings Island. We have many future plans for exciting attractions for guests of all ages, including your family and we plan to restore areas of the park, creating a more immersive family experience. In the meantime, please visit our park next year as we unveil Banshee, along with more park improvements. We hope that your future visits will be entertaining, fun, and memorable experiences that will last a lifetime."

• Like 8

I think that is my point

^^ The very least that they could do is respond with an email that states something like:

"We appreciate your concerns and are looking into the examples you have mentioned in your email. As a valued customer, we take your concerns seriously, because you are what makes our park Kings Island. We have many future plans for exciting attractions for guests of all ages, including your family and we plan to restore areas of the park, creating a more immersive family experience. In the meantime, please visit our park next year as we unveil Banshee, along with more park improvements. We hope that your future visits will be entertaining, fun, and memorable experiences that will last a lifetime."

This would have been a very appropriate response. The total lack of one really shows a commitment (or lack thereof) to guest feedback and satisfaction. Not renewing season passes this year - lost revenue for them.

I think that is my point

This would have been a very appropriate response. The total lack of one really shows a commitment (or lack thereof) to guest feedback and satisfaction. Not renewing season passes this year - lost revenue for them.

Sweet, less people in line for Banshee! Kidding (kinda) :P I doubt anyone with any say has time to read and respond to every customer e-mail. I would rather have no e-mail response than some repeat e-mail response they could send to anyone who e-mails them how to run their business.

• Like 1

It seems our maintenance staff is lacking,

Am I the only one who remembers how crappy the park was looking in 2009 compared to 2013? Geeze, their doing a fantastic job! Sigh....Fanboys, always got to complain about something. I'm sure they're aware of their park and what needs done and when they fix or tear something down there will always be something else you can always find to complain about! .

• Like 1

So your a concerned fanboy, most guests could care very little about Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, in fact I would say most don't even know what it is. I know the park is looking much better and I'm sure they know all about their attractions without being e-mailed. I'm just saying, I don't need my neighbor to tell me my grass needs cut, I already know this! Now if my house was on fire, please do tell. Make sense? Probably not but whatever.

I resent the implication I am a "fan boy" I hate that term anyway. I didn't grow up in Cincinnati, I didn't spend my youth at Kings Island etc etc. I am simply a paying customer who after a couple of years not going to the park, bought season passes for my family and wanted a quality product for my money. I had been to the park several times years ago and had a point of reference to a few things. I have always seen opportunity to create a better product. To say that I am a fanboy because I can point out some rather glaring observations is to over simplify things and give the park management a "get out of jail free" card when it comes to their excuses. What is wrong with expecting a product that offers what it is advertised to do. To say that few guests care about SSS (or any of the other things I mention) is not an excuse. The park built these things, incorporated them into their marketable product - therefore have a responsibility to properly maintain them or they are doing a disservice. If they have seen little to no ROI on SSS then they should remove it - not try to limp along without spending no money hoping "the few who care won't really care that much". If they have decided that there is no ROI in maintaining a clock above Festhaus, then they should ensure it is removed or remodeled to erase evidence of what was there. All of these "lets just leave it broken because no one seems to care" examples show a lack of concern for their product, and to let them slide because I'm a "fan boy" and no one else cares is to make it too easy for them to continue to market and sell a sub-par product. By the way I am not a fanboy who regularly is on this site, I simply stumbled onto this while searching for info on SSS and seeing if anyone else was as annoyed by the state of it (and the park) as I was. We are concerned guests who pay money for a product - to reduce our expectations to "fan boy" is rude. And if they know the state of the park and choose to do nothing about it - that is a problem. If paying guests don't at least mention things, then they will continue to thing "most don't even know what it is" so we can continue to slack off there.

So your a concerned fanboy, most guests could care very little about Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, in fact I would say most don't even know what it is. I know the park is looking much better and I'm sure they know all about their attractions without being e-mailed. I'm just saying, I don't need my neighbor to tell me my grass needs cut, I already know this! Now if my house was on fire, please do tell. Make sense? Probably not but whatever.

• Like 2

I resent the implication I am a "fan boy" I hate that term anyway. I didn't grow up in Cincinnati, I didn't spend my youth at Kings Island etc etc. I am simply a paying customer who after a couple of years not going to the park, bought season passes for my family and wanted a quality product for my money. I had been to the park several times years ago and had a point of reference to a few things. I have always seen opportunity to create a better product. To say that I am a fanboy because I can point out some rather glaring observations is to over simplify things and give the park management a "get out of jail free" card when it comes to their excuses. What is wrong with expecting a product that offers what it is advertised to do. To say that few guests care about SSS (or any of the other things I mention) is not an excuse. The park built these things, incorporated them into their marketable product - therefore have a responsibility to properly maintain them or they are doing a disservice. If they have seen little to no ROI on SSS then they should remove it - not try to limp along without spending no money hoping "the few who care won't really care that much". If they have decided that there is no ROI in maintaining a clock above Festhaus, then they should ensure it is removed or remodeled to erase evidence of what was there. All of these "lets just leave it broken because no one seems to care" examples show a lack of concern for their product, and to let them slide because I'm a "fan boy" and no one else cares is to make it too easy for them to continue to market and sell a sub-par product. By the way I am not a fanboy who regularly is on this site, I simply stumbled onto this while searching for info on SSS and seeing if anyone else was as annoyed by the state of it (and the park) as I was. We are concerned guests who pay money for a product - to reduce our expectations to "fan boy" is rude. And if they know the state of the park and choose to do nothing about it - that is a problem. If paying guests don't at least mention things, then they will continue to thing "most don't even know what it is" so we can continue to slack off there.

What it seems like to me, in my opinion (no one else's) is that you're tiffed that Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular is a major issue and it looks like you won't be renewing your pass for next year because of it. To me, that seems kind of silly. I mean there are different paths to get to wherever you need to go, you don't have to walk through that. Secondly, it may seem like you're doing a whole lot of damage by "Lost Revenue" through you not renewing passes. Next year, I feel like passes are going to soar in sales due to a little ride called Banshee. I don't think the park is going to be hurting for $. Just my opinion.

• Like 1