diamondstack 6/16

YoungStud

Hey Bro,

You continually miss the point.

Diamondback stacked EVERYTIME except twice in two hours.

It does not matter if it was bring a can of food for free entry into park day and people was stretched out of the que all the way back to beast. Stacking everytime but twice is unacceptable. I am a patient guest, if trains are dispatched up the lift even with the train on course is hitting the splashdown I would be cool. But stacking is unacceptable.

Yo Kid,

Actually it does matter what day it was.

Even from your first post, you had hoped the crowd had thinned out, only to find out your wish was terribly inaccurate and extremely misguided.

Trip reports from other enthusiast sites noted how insanely busy it was that day. Many even questioned having this type of promotion on a weekend. Ironically, nobody complained about the supposed stacking on KI's only B & M coaster.

Don't blame the ride ops for your poor decision. It makes you sound petty to complain about the park crowd when it was your bad decision to begin with.

• Like 6

I will admit when I went Fri, they were running pretty good. However there was a 30 min queue and empty rows were being sent, which I don't understand why. However more details later with that, had a family emergency Fri night and left the park early so I'm not really in the mood to talk about all this now, so in due time.

• Like 1

Hey Bro,

It does not matter if it was bring a can of food for free entry into park day and people was stretched out of the que all the way back to beast. Stacking everytime but twice is unacceptable. I am a patient guest, if trains are dispatched up the lift even with the train on course is hitting the splashdown I would be cool. But stacking is unacceptable.

Yo Kid,

Even from your first post, you had hoped the crowd had thinned out, only to find out your wish was terribly inaccurate and extremely misguided.

Trip reports from other enthusiast sites noted how insanely busy it was that day. Many even questioned having this type of promotion on a weekend. Ironically, nobody complained about the supposed stacking on KI's only B & M coaster.

Don't blame the ride ops for your poor decision. It makes you sound petty to complain about the park crowd when it was your bad decision to begin with.

Bro,

Again, if there was a 4 hour wait that would have been fine, stacking everytime except twice in two hours is again, unacceptable.

Okay I'm just going to throw my opinion out here. YoungStud, although I think you are exaggerating a bit, I have noticed the same thing as well. DB has stacked the last time I was there. It was a rainy Monday and I cycled through only 3 rides in 30 minutes in the final 30 minutes the park was open. The line was stretched only to the bottom of the stairs. Now I do remember riding it and being stuck on the first brakes after the splash down twice. I have seen DB this year and not been too upset about it mainly because I didn't have to wait too long. I see where you are coming from YoungStud about it shouldn't matter if the line is 3 hrs long or 10 minutes long, and you are correct. Its like having a Ferrari and never driving it faster than 70 MPH. You aren't using the product to its full potential.

Now one thing I have noticed on this board is that people cannot take criticism of KI in the least bit without getting offended. I posted two similar stories last year and got blasted for them. I posted a story about the new "action river" last year and people blasted me for "complaining" about getting shot in the face by the new squirt guns at the entrance of the river. Now i was upset at first but now I know I was in the right as you can see now they have completely stopped the use of those guns at the entrance of the river. I also posted a story about FunPerks and how it was a bad system because they never fully explained it to the public. They had us (their most loyal customer in the park as season pass holders) blindly spending an unknown amount of money to recieve mediocre prizes that were not worth the amount of money you were spending. I sasid it was a cash grab and truly only benefited the park while we received minimal incentives. I got blasted saying it was a great program and how its wonderful for the park. Now FP non-existent...

I like KI I think it is a fun park but it is not without its faults. No park of that size can be without fault. If the park doesn't want to fix its faults then we, as loyal fans of the park, should be upset with the park. I think KI should strive to be the best park it can be and fix it's faults. There is plenty of room for improvement either with ride ops, guest experience, guest relations, etc. And to say anything otherwise is just flat out ignorance.

Just my opinion.

• Like 6

Ok got some time for lunch.

Anyways DB was stacking a bit towards the beginning of the season. I was there Sat and while waiting for the gf & her best friend to get off of work and meet back up I was up on Eifel Tower south plat and watched DB cycle. It was moving quite good that evening so the crew on Fri afternoon like 1700-1800 was great. My only complaint I saw was the train is sending empty seats/rows often. At first I figured maybe faulty restraint and that row was closed off, but when it rolled into the station and reappeared on the lift it was filled. Not sure why their crowd (person at platform entrance @ top of stairs) wasn't pairing up singles or keeping the rows full but whatever. Little things like this are all that's left to making a crew great. Hopefully in due time, shaky start, getting better, just needs a little more of a nudge. It doesn't take much to turn around, find some empty rows and assign/suggest the empty seats, get a group of three and try to pair a single rider, or whatever. Like I said, little things now. I stand by previous stuff as the crew was pretty bad, but now, there is improvement.

All in all they're moving forward from their starts, we shall see how they turn out

Hey Bro,

Yo Kid,

Bro,

Again, if there was a 4 hour wait that would have been fine, stacking everytime except twice in two hours is again, unacceptable.

Kid-

Blaming ride ops for your bad decision is deflecting the true issue.

What did guest relations tell you when you brought it to their attention?

• Like 2

Hey Bro,

Yo Kid,

Bro,

Kid-

Clearly you are not reading bro.

Again, I am not blaming a packed park on my complaint of db stacking every time but twice in two hrs.

Youngstud thinks your either trying to start a argument or just in denial.

Hey Bro,

Yo Kid,

Bro,

Kid-

Clearly you are not reading bro.

Again, I am not blaming a packed park on my complaint of db stacking every time but twice in two hrs.

Youngstud thinks your either trying to start a argument or just in denial.

Clearly you want to blame everyone except yourself for a bad decision.

It's not arguing, I simply believe you are exaggerating the truth because it happens to be a B & M coaster which you have proclaimed your dislike on numerous occasions (I'm actually shocked you even graced DB with your presence) and a poor decision for going on a day that has historically been extremely busy.

Speaking of not reading: how did your conversation with guest relations go again?

• Like 3

They offered me a front of the line pass and I gave it to a kid that was inquiring about losing their cell phone.

Excellent!

My cousin works in the GR office where they keep a list of such promotional giveaways & why they were given out. A quick phone call will confirm your stacking allegation.

Since we know you were at the park after 6:00pm, finding the representative that helped you will be quite easy.

I do have to ask, why did you fail to mention the front of the line passes from the beginning?

• Like 1

Let's be honest here. Kings Island is very consistent with running three trains and/or the most trains possible, as quickly as possible. Unlike 90% of the Six Flags parks or other Cedar Fair parks I've been to. We're pretty lucky that the ride ops take pride in working on the rides. This thread has turned into a b!tchfest. Of course stacking happens, sometimes people take a long time to put things into bins; people try kicking off their flip flops, there's a large guest on the ride that has trouble getting in; they're not ontop of their game all the time. But Diamondback is the gem of the park, along with Beast and there's a manager there pretty often - the crew isn't as badass as the 2009 crew, but it's aight :)

• Like 1

Cheers mate. After Riding Raging Bull I need to get back up to Kings Island to get on Diamondback. I swear, I enjoy Diamondback, Raging Bull, and Goliath all about the same. Raging Bull's station has a clock in the station to show how good (or usually bad) the crew is doing with the operations haha. They weren't too bad, I waited 45 and 30 minutes for it.

• Like 1

The frustration is warrented man

Here's the way I look, as enthusiasts we expect perfection as always, especially stuff like this. So we may seem *****y but it's because we know it's not at it's potential. Like I said, they did have some good problems, now just a few things left to iron out. I will say though, they need to spiel more haha. After a weekend at both parks, CP still takes the cake as per usual.

Why complain about it?

I see where youngstuds coming from. Stacking is usually a "No no". They put 3 trains on the ride expecting the Ops to handle it, and in my past experiences, stacking has never been a true problem. But yes, I see your POV YoungStud

BUT, keep in mind, there ARE other issues with loading, so is it ALWAYS the op's fault, no!

Other than Diamond"stack" , how did your day go?

Drummer trying to be the mature 16 year old.

• Like 2

Lol we're enthusiasts theres always a compliant :P

I honestly look at the complaints and criticisms as a how is the park doing, what's going on. Like hey, db is stacking, wtf, what's going on. See what I mean. I think it just aggrivates people like us more because this is a ride that I shouldn't see stacking issues practically at all.

They offered me a front of the line pass and I gave it to a kid that was inquiring about losing their cell phone.

Excellent!

My cousin works in the GR office where they keep a list of such promotional giveaways & why they were given out. A quick phone call will confirm your stacking allegation.

Since we know you were at the park after 6:00pm, finding the representative that helped you will be quite easy.

I do have to ask, why did you fail to mention the front of the line passes from the beginning?

My cousin got back to me with some interesting & non-incriminating information.

First being: front of line passes are not handed out for guests upset with long wait times. If they did hand out passes for such things, everyone would have these passes. Front of line passes have been handed out of mechanical issues or guest complaints with employees.

Next would be: did DB stack like the OP suggested? If the line reached Beast, and the stacking was every train for 2 hours, the wait would have been approximately 3.5 hours as a full queue is approximately 2 hours. Given the OP had a 2 hour wait, it is impossible that every train, except two, was stacking. The intervals suggested by the OP would be less than half capacity & the red flags raised would have not only been immense, but solved within a short amount of time- that is why rides have supervisors. Their job is to be sure all safety procedures are followed then to keep thee lines moving at a brisk pace. Not to mention- there is no way ride ops would allow such stacking to occur for that extended amount of time. First and foremost they want all guests to be safe, but they also want to move guests along as fast as possible. Moving people safely & quickly is their badge of honor they take an immense amount of pride in.

Last: that particular day was one of the busiest so far in 2013. She suggested to check out: visitkingsisland.com to see what days are usually not that busy. Special event dates are usually very busy.

Now that this has been cleared up, we can now move forward with the typical enthusiast nonsense. :)

• Like 7

First off if they gave my confidential information that would have been a lawsuit ready to happen.

Bogus, nuff said!

Well we do agree. What you said & attempted to portray was bogus.

Don't you remember that the tickets were only offered not accepted? Only after tickets are accepted is information processed.

Anything else you would like to add after the fact to your story? :)

Talk about slow (please KICers and KI employees, I am kidding) Try a hospital, You better be dying if you want them to hurry. (not gonna happen)

I work in the surgery dept in a local hospital (not Cincinnati) Things are generally slow, and the guests (patient)are usually not feeling well.

Coasters and amusement parks are fun. Take time, and enjoy yourself and quit stressing about your 400th time on Diamondback. I am lucky to hit KI every few years.

We "stack" operating rooms with many cases, and try to move as quickly as possible. Sometimes patients show up late or all together not show up at all.

• Like 2

I'm sick and tired of you Young Stud.

No matter how much you complain it still won't change anyone else's opinion.

Come back to the park and watch the crew. They are not the "mindless zombies" you think they are.

Quit the crap and someone lock this thread before I flip a lid.

• Like 6

Come back to the park and watch the crew. They are not the "mindless zombies" you think they are.

Perfect time to use my catch phrase...

U mad bro?

I was starting to get angry bout this stuff.....

Then I looked into the mirror with my shirt off and have that feeling everything is right in the world.

• Like 3

Statements like that and the mentality that produces them are one of the things wrong with the world!

Since you obviously don't realize it I can't help but say that you constantly show weakness of character and mind when you talk/type. It took me awhile to word this because I'm trying to be polite.

• Like 5

If you are THAT mad with him why don't you just block him? It is not hard...

Click the gray X at the bottom of one of his comments and click Ignore. Poof He is gone...

I don't know why you can't just ignore him if you are going to "flip a lid."

We have all agreed that he is just trying to get us riled up why not block him or ignore him, instead of calling him kid and disrespecting him. The best way to reason with him is to ignore his smart-alec comments...

• Like 3