diamondstack 6/16

YoungStud

No offense to anyone intended, you also have to look at the work force between CP and KI. All CP's Ride Ops are over the age of 18. KI's Ride Ops can be as young as 16 years old. I have witnessed ops at KI screwing around more often then once. I do think KI can do better with getting the trains out quicker then they do. Vortex is another ride that stacks way too often. I remember back in the day, Vortex would have another train going up the lift, and that train on the lift would be above the Midcourse break before the train before it went thru. Vortex should be able to get 1500 per hour, but I'm sure doesn't even hit 1000 with how slow they dispatch at times!

No offense to anyone intended, you also have to look at the work force between CP and KI. All CP's Ride Ops are over the age of 18. KI's Ride Ops can be as young as 16 years old. I have witnessed ops at KI screwing around more often then once. I do think KI can do better with getting the trains out quicker then they do. Vortex is another ride that stacks way too often. I remember back in the day, Vortex would have another train going up the lift, and that train on the lift would be above the Midcourse break before the train before it went thru. Vortex should be able to get 1500 per hour, but I'm sure doesn't even hit 1000 with how slow they dispatch at times!

Its called work ethic. You can have it at 16 or 18.

• Like 1

On the note that Kings Island is about experience, doesn't wait time/slowness add to the good experience aspect of it all? I do not work or ever have worked at Kings Island and I am pointing no fingers. I'm sure it's a very difficult job, but that doesn't mean you should not give it your best. I'm not saying the KI/DB ride ops aren't giving it there all, but when you agree to work somewhere you should give it your all. I find it hard to believe that the ride ops are giving it 110%, but I do not know so I will not say that.

• Like 1

The ride ops here at Busch Gardens do a pretty good job. Then again, we're allowed to drink in line. So if they're stacking, my friends and I haven't noticed. :-D

That's the Theme Park spirit!! I go to have fun and relax, not make myself miserable, worrying about how long it takes to get thru an already looong line. I will forever love Kings Island and take the bad with the good! This is my oath!

• Like 6

See they need to find that happy medium. For instance corkscrew can dispatch at the top of the loop at earliest dispatch, however that's too early and will cause the next train to stack when it comes back in the station and puts you behind. If we dispatched right before it hit the first corkscrew or as late as hitting the safety brakes (first brakes in the brake run), each train would dispatch on time with no flaws and allow the train to speed through the brake run with minor stoppage.

So far it just seems this crew hasn't learned to work well and cohesively with eachother and the ride dynamics

• Like 1

It can happen, it's called a setup. There could be a train on the readies (brakes outside of the station) and one train still on the safety brakes (first brakes from the splashdown). With this that means that train was not clear of or still stopped on that brake and the block was occupied, thus it will not allow it to proceed through the MCBR, leading to a stack. You can also have ghost trains but that's a bit out of the way for most people to know, and these suck...

That would mean the train in front was sitting on the brake run stacked. If they were sending trains out to fast, the train would stop on the lift. With a chain lift there is no way that could happen.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you.

Beast often stops on the 2nd lift.

If they were sending trains out to fast, the train would stop on the lift. With a chain lift there is no way that could happen.

Do you know what anti-rollbacks are?

Um I mean since it is a chain lift going 230' it takes a while to crest the hill.

The previous poster said the train will stop on the mcbr. Since it takes a while for a train to crest the hill the train on the brake run will be off the brake run.

Not necessarily if their is a train right before the station the train behind it will not advance. Also ghost train yet again (PLC thinks train is there but it's not). Depends on the situation. It could even be held there I believe (we could set that brake to do block checks/hold trains there for safety reasons, ect.)...I've never personally seen db do this but it is indeed possible

Oh and just thought of this too...It could stop at lift crest and MCBR also if the forward train wasn't clear of MCBR or hit it yet thus causing that block to stack and setup, thus setting up the other blocks as well. This is indeed a posiblity and actually would moreover support the claim. Think if the train hasn't cleared MCBR or hasn't hit it, the train approaches lift crest and trips the entry prox for that block, bam, train on lift stops, and the brakes will set stopping that train. Also other blocks probably freeze too as that first brake is the end of the block following the MCBR, so it's in both blocks, thus setting both...

That is what I believed happened, just a block set, which still isn't acceptable IMO for the crew as this isn't moreover the ride's fault/ect, it's faulty dispatch interval by crew that could be prevented.

It could still be a ghost train...those just suck

• Like 1

It doesn't take that long for Diamondback to reach the top. It's the fastest chain lift in the park.

Faster than The Great Pumpkin Coaster??

That would mean the train in front was sitting on the brake run stacked. If they were sending trains out to fast, the train would stop on the lift. With a chain lift there is no way that could happen.

Son, I was there! haha But really, it just means it's faster than a train can clear the final brake run before the second one gets to the MCBR.. it doesn't have to be SO fast that it stacks on the first lift... (Beast would almost always stop on the first lift if it didn't have a slowed lift... ever notice how it speeds up once the train in front clears the next lift??)

• Like 1

I was at Kings Island Monday night and I have a DB story around 7:50 pm and a 20 minute wait for the wife and I . After our first ride she wanted to go in the gift shop and I noticed seats open and the gates closed so I told her I'm going to keep riding until I cant ! This is where it gets fun! Keep in mind the line has grown longer since my first ride, every time I got off DB I would watch for the gates to close and I found an empty seat every time, and never sat by anybody so really 2 empty seats every time! I did this 5 rides in a row and could have made it 6 but seen the wife at the exit gate waiting so I called it quits. I noticed the problem right away, the ride-op letting people into the lines wasn't letting enough in at a time, leaving an empty set of seats for me every time! Thanks, I guess?

• Like 3