Can I fit in the rides?

NamesLogan

This topic has been discussed ad-nausem and while I understand your concern, you could search and find similar answers to what I'm about to tell you.

Who knows if you'll fit? There's a lot of factors that go into it.

Diamondback has a test seat, try that out first before you wait. Any other ride, if you go up to the exit and ask a ride operator they'll let you in, let you try out a seat and then you can decide if it's worth waiting in line.

Well, Im 23 and 185, My restraint usually clicks I would say about 6 times before im secure, so I don't know its kind of iffy. I would say Diamond Back would be the hardest to fit into, But thats just my 2 cents.

Diamond Back I probably wouldn't even attempt with all that I've heard about the size haha.

Well, Im 23 and 185, My restraint usually clicks I would say about 6 times before im secure, so I don't know its kind of iffy. I would say Diamond Back would be the hardest to fit into, But thats just my 2 cents.

Diamond Back I probably wouldn't even attempt with all that I've heard about the size haha.

Gordon just told you it has a test seat, its before you walk in the queue. Test it out and go from there.

Gordon told you what to do, You're allowed to go up the rides exit, call over a ride OP and ask to see if you fit in the seat, most guests are unaware that you can actually do this and it saves you wait time.

By the stats you gave, I think you will have trouble finding a ride that you fit in.

Guests Of Larger Size

All passenger restraint systems, including lap
bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts, must be
positioned and fastened properly to allow guests
to ride.
Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests
of larger size may not be accommodated on some
of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to,
guests who exceed 6'2" or those who exceed 225
pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest. You may
enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints
function properly prior to waiting in line. Test seats
are located at the queue entrance of Delirium and
Diamondback.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/2012%20Guest%20Assistance%20Guide-KI.pdf

• Like 1

I went to Cedar Point not long ago with my dad. He's your height and a little bit smaller. He fit on Magnum, Mean Streak, Blue Streak, Corkscrew, and Iron Dragon. I'll tell you that the ONLY rides with shoulder restraints you have any chance of fitting on are Flight Deck, and MAYBE Vortex, but it'll be REALLY close if you do fit. You will not fit on Invertigo or Firehawk. I would place money on that. Adventure Express is pretty accommodating generally, I see no reason to believe you wouldn't fit on it. The woodies (Racer and Beast) use the same trains that my dad fit on at Cedar Point BUT their restraints had a lot more precision in their "notches" so it was very easy for him to get the two or three he needed. You may have a hard time on Racer and Beast, as two notches is quite a lot on those. I have no idea with Diamondback, but the size of your legs would be the factor there. A big belly wouldn't matter as much as big legs I don't think. I've seen big people fit on Backlot surprisingly, so my gut tells me you might be fine there, but those cars are NOT roomy, even for a little guy. Same trains and same rules on Flight of Fear, except it has a seatbelt that has to connect to the restraint, so it'll be a little bit less "fluffy friendly". I think that covers the major coasters. As for flat rides, Delirium and Drop Tower are the big ones, and I don't think you'll fit on those, the restraints are not accommodating. And WindSeeker... I don't even know... It uses a lap bar that pulls down from over your head, so I want to say you'll be fine, but I've never seen a big person even try, so I really don't know.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'd hate even more to have you spend a bunch of time and money to not get to have any fun on the rides. Though having said that, the park does offer fantastic shows (Particularly Ed Alonzo's Psycho Circus. Great show, and a great guy). And of course, blue Ice Cream, which is a KI classic. So while I think you could still have a good time, I don't think you'll be able to do a whole lot of riding. :/

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, I decided yesterday to not go. From what everyone is telling me I see I made the right choice. Oh well it's for the better, this motivates me to lose weight for next summer and not only that turns out I need a new heater core for my truck so at least I have the money for that now haha.

• Like 5