Holding bins?

jasonondropzone

Hey guys, I'm heading to Mason tonight for a two day trip to Kings Island (the 18th & 19th) and I was wondering what rides have holding bins still? I thought I heard something about DB not having them, I know FD, Vortex, DZ (sort of does), Delirium, Invertigo, Racer, Beast, and I think DB does? I know FH doesn't. Any thing changed? Oh and what are lines like on a Tuesday and Wednesday in June? Wondering if Fast Lane would be needed. Thanks!

On weekdays in June, Fast Lane is highly, highly unlikely to be worth what you pay for it.

Firehawk is the only ride that will not allow you to bring bags or other loose articles into the line, and nothing except prescription glasses and flip-flops can be left in the station (note that unlike previous years, they do NOT allow you to leave souvenir cups in the station this year). The log flume also will not allow you to leave anything in the station; however, your loose articles can ride with you (but they WILL get wet). Everything else either allows you to leave loose articles in the station and/or take them with you on the ride.

FOF can be hit or miss with being able to leave items behind. Sometimes, they'll take them and put them at the exit station... sometimes, they have you take your stuff with you.

My understanding is that bags, backpacks, etc. must go with you, but individual loose items like souvenir cups can be left on the shelves at the back of the station.

FOF can be hit or miss with being able to leave items behind. Sometimes, they'll take them and put them at the exit station... sometimes, they have you take your stuff with you.

My understanding is that bags, backpacks, etc. must go with you, but individual loose items like souvenir cups can be left on the shelves at the back of the station.

There have been a few times that they would not take my souvenir cup. They told me to tuck it behind me. It worked and the cup stayed in place. I only had one mishap in which the lid on the cup must have not been on properly, and I ended up coming off of the ride soaked...

Fix for souvenir cups if empty. Thread the handle through the seatbelt before buckling the restraint

No. I tried that (except with the strap of my fanny pack instead) all day on Saturday. One side of the POS handle constantly kept coming off mid-ride, and I would have to use one hand to physically hold it in place the rest of the ride. Only the friction from being pressed between my fanny pack strap and my shirt kept it from flying away immediately. Don't try it.

They added seatbelts to the Diamondback bins recently. they weren't there at the beginning of the season. They did this to keep people from opening the wrong bin and putting their stuff in the wrong one.

I honestly don't know. If your wearing flip flops or something you usually just take them and plop them on the side

You must, however, wear shoes to ride Diamondback. No bare feet allowed.

Why does Diamondback require shoes anyway?
I believe it is in case an evacuation is necessary. The terrain back there is pretty unfriendly to bare feet.
  • Like 2

I honestly don't know. If your wearing flip flops or something you usually just take them and plop them on the side

Sorry in advance for double posting.

If I had to guess, state law is the reason. In Ohio, amusement parks must follow manufacturer recommendations for rides precisely, down to the last detail. If I had to guess, this is the reason, as Intimidator (same exact make and model, different state) does not require shoes. It could also be due to potentially unpleasant terrain in the event that you would have to evacuate at the MCBR for any reason.

EDIT: Looks like TheCrypt beat me to it :P

Sorry in advance for double posting.

If I had to guess, state law is the reason. In Ohio, amusement parks must follow manufacturer recommendations for rides precisely, down to the last detail. If I had to guess, this is the reason, as Intimidator (same exact make and model, different state) does not require shoes. It could also be due to potentially unpleasant terrain in the event that you would have to evacuate at the MCBR for any reason.

EDIT: Looks like TheCrypt beat me to it :P

That makes sense.

I was just curious because Apollo's Chariot doesn't require shoes.... but that is a whole other park/state.