Baby born in Firehawk's line?

Sergeant Pepper

When I was at Michigan's Adventure last year I saw two pregnant women get on Shivering Timbers together. And no they were not just fat. This woman had to be at least 8 months pregnant. She even told the ride ops to be careful when they pushed down her lap bar because she didn't want to hurt the baby. I think everyone in line gave her the oh really face.

They let them both ride. It's really not the ride ops place to tell them that they can't ride. They can warn them not to ride all they want. But they can not make them get up unless they don't fit in the seat properly. It doesn't make it right but they can not force them off of the ride.

• Like 1

They let them both ride. It's really not the ride ops place to tell them that they can't ride. They can warn them not to ride all they want. But they can not make them get up unless they don't fit in the seat properly. It doesn't make it right but they can not force them off of the ride.

It actually is the ride-ops place to tell them they can't ride or at least highly advise them not to ride, That is part of their job.

In the state of Ohio, it is a crime not to follow a ride operator's instructions. The Ohio Rider Responsibility Law.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent lawyer in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Disclaimers should be read very rapidly as they are on the telly.

• Like 4

In the state of Ohio, it is a crime not to follow a ride operator's instructions. The Ohio Rider Responsibility Law.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent lawyer in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Disclaimers should be read very rapidly as they are on the telly.

Thanks! I actually was not aware of that! Its great what I learn from you guys :)

I have heard of these stories, and completely believe they are absolutely, 100%, full of crap.

Perhaps not knowing for the first 2 trimesters- I'll give that a slim chance. But the last? No, not buying it. Denial comes into the equation of "knowing" because of the amount of changes along with severity of changes to the body.

Not knowing you are prego is comparable to a 5'10" guy that is 350lbs. and upset he can't get on DB because: "I'M NOT FAT!"

I am happy to know your college friend's baby is doing well.

Believe them or not, some are true. For example my great grandmother and great grandfather had 13 children. When she had number thirteen, she was only at the hospital because she thought her appendix was getting ready to burst. To her surprise she brought my great uncle into the world.

It actually is the ride-ops place to tell them they can't ride or at least highly advise them not to ride, That is part of their job.

No the ride op can not make that person physically get up out of the ride unless they are causing a disruption or they do not fit in the seat properly. And if she didn't say she was pregnant are you going to be the person who says ma'am you can't ride because you're pregnant. Then what if she tells you that she's not pregnant?

Believe them or not, some are true. For example my great grandmother and great grandfather had 13 children. When she had number thirteen, she was only at the hospital because she thought her appendix was getting ready to burst. To her surprise she brought my great uncle into the world.

Many families have stories that have been modified over the years to get more chuckles only to be later believed to be real.

After having 12 kids, a seasoned vet like your GG would know when she was prego. :)

Not to mention, an appendicitis does not last more than a handful of days let alone the gestation of a human.

That's the point. None of the normal signs were there. Until she started to have labor pains, mistaking it for appendicitis, did she find out the actual cause of the pain. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you, but it is a fact that this happened to her remains true. Seeing that there are 12 other siblings, of various ages at #13's birth (some even married with children of their own), someone would have slipped by now with the 'facts' if she had really known, yet she didn't.

After the first child, I knew my wife was pregnant with the next two before she did, seriously! The last time I brought home a test and said, "Here, go take this, trust me"! Sure enough. I don't know how a man doesn't know his wife isn't pregnant after a while, let alone a woman. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying....

Just wait until you see the videos they show you in birthing class, or your own child pops out. Reality is most definently not the nice clean baby you see pop out in a movie, however give the nurses a few minutes to clean the child up, and your heart will mealt quicker than ice in the sahara.

• Like 3

I thought everything was ride at your own risk....

The posted signs state that it's not a good idea to ride while pregnant, with heart problem, back problems, and other medical conditions...but that it was up to the rider to follow those guidelines.

That part is sort of true. Still, if a ride operator's instructions are ignored, it definitely is a crime in Ohio. That being said, neither in Ohio nor in most states is it truly "ride at your own risk." A ride operator or company has certain responsibilities it cannot disclaim by merely putting up a sign, or, even, in most cases, getting a signed waiver.

There is no legal advice meant for a particular situation or client contained herein. The author is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have or think you may have a legal problem. Popcorn available for a nominal charge in aisle two.

So if a woman attempts to ride and is obviously pregnant in her mid or late term of her pregnancy, can the ride operator say she can't ride the roller coaster due to her health concerns? If a person attempts to ride and has either an artificial leg and or arm, if they are not able to meet the manufacturer's guild lines due to safety issues, they can be precluded from riding. Now what is to keep a lady that is far along in her pregnancy from riding an extreme roller coaster and is injured because of it from filing a law suit? I know anyone can bring a law suit for any reason, but winning it is another issue. I am not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express.