Family kingdom Myrtle beach?

I am down here in South Carolina and I'm thinking about going to ride Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom tomorrow. I see its a small figure 8 but it was designed by John Allen and still uses the original single lap bar and belt for the cars so my son is interested in seeing that. He has been absorbing all this coaster info like crazy. Is it worth the price of admission for this one coaster? Has anyone been to this park before?

It's 25 bucks for a park that has less attractions than Indiana Beach (and Indiana Beach is the same price). If I were you I would just do the individual attraction price and ride Swamp Fox.

It's too bad you couldn't have gone to Myrtle Beach about 6 years ago. There was a much larger park with a much wider variety of things to do just down the street.

Way over-priced park if you ask me, you can spend a lot of money in that park really fast. I would look for deals and plan your money and what your going to do ahead of time there, I tell my kids before we go to parks like this what were doing before we get there and that is all so I don't go broke! I always let them do one or two extra things I don't tell them ahead of time so they feel they got a sweet deal.

I feel it's all relative. Yes Indiana Beach is likely a far better value. But what's the true worth of such if your hundreds of miles away? Over-priced? Maybe it would be in Monticello but in Myrtle Beach it's two rounds of putt-putt, a ticket to WonderWorks, or a dinner show. Comparatively it's very reasonable for it's area. There is also a waterpark albeit tiny, and they added a Wild Mouse and a couple other small rides this year. I don't think it's an all day park by any means but I'd go for SwampFox alone. Between the park and it's surroundings it can be an enjoyable experience.

I go to Myrtle for 2 weeks every year, and if my memory serves me correct you will spend about 12 dollars for the two of you to ride Swamp Fox one time! You can get the wristbands for the two of you for about 60 dollars after tax. With the money you spend there, I would stop at Carowinds on your way back if you drove and spend it there instead. I don't know your plans, so just a thought, have a blast!

If we don't support small parks, we shouldn't grieve when they go bust.

Yes, it's a great ride. Yes, it's the only amusement park with a wooden coaster at the beach there.

Not worth it? Overpriced? And a $3.99 Coke at Kings Island, $12 parking or a $7.99 "value" Skyline 3 cheese coneys option?

Carowinds for two people on $60? With Platinum Passes, sure. Otherwise, good luck with that. $48 isn't going to get you in. ($60 minus parking). Not two people.

And how many John Allen wooden coasters on a beach does Carowinds have?

• Like 7

Funny how my family was recently discussing the possibility of heading there this summer. On are old trips to Myrtle Beach, I'd always see that fun looking, white, wooden coaster thru my window, yet never got to ride it. Hopefully that will change this year!

• Like 1

I support small parks that don't over-charge, their just flat out ripping people off. To each their own I guess.

How are they ripping people off?

I don't get it.

You know by not charging anything to those just wanting to walk around. Or maybe giving people the option of buying per ride or unlimited rides for the price of a few individual rides. {end sarcasm

• Like 2

I support small parks that don't over-charge, their just flat out ripping people off. To each their own I guess.

I don't get it.

You know by not charging anything to those just wanting to walk around. Or maybe giving people the option of buying per ride or unlimited rides for the price of a few individual rides. {end sarcasm

• Like 1

I don't get it.

12 dollars for 2 people to ride the coaster one time! Its a rip-off, I don't care what anybody says. If you haven't ridden it and you want to spend the money, go for it. I just know if the prices were reasonable (like they once were) my friends and our families would probably take the kids there. To expensive for our taste, the kids can play in the ocean and have Kings Island to come home too. No hard feelings, we just think they over charge and several locals there I know feel the same way.

It's a business. Expenses at Myrtle ain't cheap. What's a round of golf?

I can golf in Myrtle for about what I spend here, they have to many courses so you can get great package deals. The amusement park has nobody to compete against (sadly) so they can charge what they want. I see your point, don't get me wrong. I have been to family kingdom several times and I'm sure we will go back one day.

Way over-priced park if you ask me, you can spend a lot of money in that park really fast. I would look for deals and plan your money and what your going to do ahead of time there, I tell my kids before we go to parks like this what were doing before we get there and that is all so I don't go broke! I always let them do one or two extra things I don't tell them ahead of time so they feel they got a sweet deal.

I went a few years ago to ride Swamp Fox.While walking in, a young husband and wife were leaving (bought wristband) and asked if we wanted theirs. They carefully slid them off and we put them on our wrist and rode the coaster for free. Best day ever!!