Cedar point Meanstreak lives up to it's name

I made my first and so far only trip up to the Point last year. We bought Fast Pass. And thank God. I can't imagine actually waiting in line for the terrible ride Mean Streak is. For the first time ever in my coaster riding life, I had to sit down and take a break from doing anything for a while. My back was not liking me in the few hours after that ride. Going up the lift, I was aware of what people say, but thought I had to give it a try. What a mistake. The ride had only just begun and I was feeling more pain than fun. Needless to say, I will NEVER ride Mean Streak again unless they make Iron-Horse level changes to it. Oh and it officially ranks lower than all other coasters I have ridden (Including the kiddie ones).

I seriously don't get all the hatin' on Mean Streak. Sure, it's rough, but what did you expect from a giant wooden roller coaster? I certainly find it more enjoyable than some of those namby-pamby new age hybrid woodies (I'm looking at you, Voyage.)

• Like 3

I seriously don't get all the hatin' on Mean Streak. Sure, it's rough, but what did you expect from a giant wooden roller coaster? I certainly find it more enjoyable than some of those namby-pamby new age hybrid woodies (I'm looking at you, Voyage.)

Well I prefer wooden coasters better like the Gemini that one isn't as rough as the mean streak.

Well I prefer wooden coasters better like the Gemini that one isn't as rough as the mean streak.
That is because Gemini is considered a steel coaster. Its a hybrid coaster, wooden supports and steel track.

That's because Gemini is not a wooden coaster.

The Gemini is a wooden roller coaster look on their website I know what I'm talking about.

I just did. Please point out to me where it says it is a woodie?

Wait I was wrong I never knew it was a steel coaster, what about the Bluestreak is that a wooden coaster?

Haven't rode Mean Streak since 1996 when I was in the best shape of my life, I just didn't care for the ride experience and said never again. I have never again rode it. I do love Blue Streak, classic! I would probably ride Mean Streak again before it gets torn down one day, just to remember why I didn't care for it so many years ago, maybe?

Haven't rode Mean Streak since 1996 when I was in the best shape of my life, I just didn't care for the ride experience and said never again. I have never again rode it. I do love Blue Streak, classic! I would probably ride Mean Streak again before it gets torn down one day, just to remember why I didn't care for it so many years ago, maybe?

The Blue streak is a classic that is my most favorite roller coaster.

• Like 3

Look at what Rocky Mountain did to Texas Giant! It's now a top 5 coaster. Mean Streak is a bigger mirror image of Texas Giant...why are they not starting construction on revamping this ride right now? Seriously? I would have put off Gatekeeper.

But yeah, the ride is pretty bad, just as bad a old Texas Giant. Moves super slow around the turns...has a brake on the first drop. Jackhammers...

I liked Mean Streak all three times I rode it. Sure it shook you around a little, but its roughness didn't leave any after effects. Honestly, my ride on Gatekeeper was more uncomfortable. Hopefully, for Gatekeeper, I was wearing my restraints too tight. On a tangent, I liked Mean Streak better than Blue Streak. I foolishly thought Blue Streak would be a relaxing ride, but it sure packs a punch for its relatively small height and speed.

I love Meanstreak, and have never had a bad experience on it. My question is, What is wrong with The Voyage? I don't think it's a namby-pamby coaster by any means. You are entitled to your opinion, but I think The Voyage is a pretty intense coaster, and I think it's fun.

• Like 1