KI Multiple Credit Card Charges

HHauntFanatic

"Long and Burgel both said they had posted comments about the incident to King Island's Facebook page, but the comments were removed. When Johnson checked, two similar comments were still posted on the Facebook site.

"If you've used a debit card at Kings Island in the past few days, check your statement. They billed me 10 times for one purchase. Heard of another person being charged $500 for a $25 pizza. They are deleting these comments, so pass it along!" one read."

I'm a little divided in regards to these customers posting their issues on Facebook. On the one hand, they were trying to warn other people about the incident, but at the same time, the first thing many people want to do these days if they were slighted in the least bit is plaster it all over social media and make a mountain out of a molehill. Anyways, it sounds like many customers' issues have already been fixed or are in the process of being fixed.

Something like this happens at other places besides Kings Island. The problem is with the credit/debit card processor and it sounds like a software error. While the charge is credited against the account holder's card, the refund usually takes up to 7 days to credit back, depending on the card holder's bank. If they were charged a fee by their card holder or bank, talk to them and tell them what happen. They will not charge you the fee or will credit it back to you for the most part. If all else fails, I would think KI or their processor will take care of it if your bank won't assist you. I had these things happen in the past and it was credited back to my card on the next day's business. But it was not Kings Island's fault for this, but the processor.

You know, I would have to say that the news is really starting to make way too big of a deal with things that happen at Kings Island. First with the normal ride breakdowns and now this. These systems malfunction all the time and it happens everywhere. You don't see this in the news when it happens at Applebee's.

• Like 2

Channel 12 reported that KI was working with the banks of affected customers to reverse the extra charges. As far as Applebees - if this happened to hundreds of customers you'd probably hear about it. If this had only happened to a small number of guests at KI, you probably wouldn't hear anything about it either.

• Like 1

I am currently out 643.96 dollars that has not been put back in my account as of the end of business today. I had 3 charges and each one hit my account 12 times. Luckily for me my bank account had enough money to cover those charges (it doesn't always) but I am sure many people ended up with insufficient fund charges. I did speak to KI today and I am hoping the money is back in my account tomorrow morning but talk about a major inconvenience.

Have you ever bought an item on a credit or debit card and later on, later on returned the item and a credit is issued to the card? Depending on the bank or processor, it could take up to 7 days (as they tell me when I have funds credited back to my card, but are credited back much sooner) to see the funds added back to the account. They usually do the credits as a batch operation around mid-night at the end of the days business rather than in real time like when the charges are made. I would continue to bug your bank that issued the card and the park and their card processor as to the status the credit being issued back to your card.