Name Of The New Ride?

Guest TombRaidersthebest

Guest TombRaidersthebest

Why is the new ride going to be called Delirium I cant think of any movies by that name, And when did you get that little paper telling you about the new rides. I got mine yesterday and I called my friend and told her who also has a pass and she said she got hers last week. Is my mail slow or just hers fast? wink.gif

As long as they don't decide to box it into a building and make the programming more tame than it should be, PKI should have a winner here. I thought when I first saw it, that it was supposed to flip you completely upside down, but now I hear that it only swings between 10 and 2 o' clock, which brings the intensity factor down a bit in my opinion. I thought this thing would able to hold us upsidedown for a second or two at one point. Still, it's going to look killer swinging around. Should be able to see it all over the park.

Are you absolutely nuts? How can you be disappointed by a 10 to 2 swing? Just imagine if you are on the outside going into the 2. You're way high up there and you see nothing but air. In this case, you'll see the Eiffel Tower and that's it. How could you be disappointed? Look at your clock buddy. 10 and 2 is intense.

What I'm wondering, is the arm going to be completely controlable like TR:TR? Or is it built like Viking Fury where it's propelled some way then the force of gravity pulls it back? If it's all controllable, why wouldn't you want it to go completely upsidedown? I think it'd be much cooler for the rider and spectator, to have the thing swing a bunch, then as the finale, make the thing do a full vertical stop upsidedown and flip over the other side. They could then control the flip on the move back down to reduce the G's at the bottom. It looks very cool how it will be now, just thought it could do more than I suppose it actually will.

• 4 weeks later...

No it is not possible for Viking Ship to flip upside down. Intamin Inverters rely on heavy counterweights, a more complicated restraint system, thicker supprts and arms.

Delirium need not go upside down to be thrilling either. Did you know that when a park installs a ride that does an inversion it automatically alienates half it's guests from riding? Stats prove that at least 50% of park guests are intimidated by or avoid rides that loop.

I have ridden four different frisbees and can tell you I am extremely excited about Delirium. The thrill that I think most people do not suspect is the air. The spinning will be slow, the height, although tall, will nto be intimidating. The thrill comes from the outward facing floorless seats and the tummy tickle it will produce when it reaches it's highest points.

It is a fantastic decision on PKI's part to install this.

Shaggy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...