New Members/Spammers/Trolls

I am on everyday reviewing the "reported post" section. Do you not see my replies or when I mark the as "Under Review"?

As for new users being trolls, I installed a ban button that shows up right on everyones posts. All because I don't put online that I have banned XYZ, YZX, and ZYX today doesn't mean its not happening.

I also do go through they IP addresses and ban those as well.

As for your concerns "KI Man" I go through the posts of people you report and when you read those, none of which seems like "trolling" just replies that disagree with yours.

Dane, I do not see the replies or "Under Review." Where would these be?

• Like 3

No, us regular users do not see those replies or flags. That seems to be visible only to admins/mods (probably so that one admin doesn't waste time reviewing posts that another admin has already looked at. Regular users hit the report button, type in their message, hit send, and never see any response.

I am on everyday reviewing the "reported post" section. Do you not see my replies or when I mark the as "Under Review"?

As for new users being trolls, I installed a ban button that shows up right on everyones posts. All because I don't put online that I have banned XYZ, YZX, and ZYX today doesn't mean its not happening.

I also do go through they IP addresses and ban those as well.

As for your concerns "KI Man" I go through the posts of people you report and when you read those, none of which seems like "trolling" just replies that disagree with yours.

Yeah I meant to just report to user on some, not actually report the post that I flagged. Someone said you could go to the profile and report the user. Sorry. Thanks for letting me know though.

When I hear about trolls on web sites, I think of news sites being infested by them. There you have various groups that employ people that create numerous user accounts for the sole purpose to debunk the opinions of users of a political belief they don't agree with. They fill those forums with their non-sensical opinions and as a result, the other users flag them and report them to the sites administrators. Now why would trolls infest KICentral and post crazy opinions like they have heard from certain people regarding the ride being built? All it does is cause the users to become agitated and call them out. But could these same trolls that people are chatting about be part of a group that wants to lead the discussion in another direction, even if it might be a false direction or a diversion? I know when I hear one of these "trolls" claim that a certain employee has said this about the ride, I dismiss it as unless they are a high level employee, they know squat regarding the ride and the people who do know are not talking until the time comes for them to inform us all.

Well, they could be an off sect of Trollarch, or Anonymous, even then I would hear of the trolls of Trollarch, but our friends at Anonymous? I wouldn't know.

Key Word for trolls: Minnesota

When I hear about trolls on web sites, I think of news sites being infested by them. There you have various groups that employ people that create numerous user accounts for the sole purpose to debunk the opinions of users of a political belief they don't agree with. They fill those forums with their non-sensical opinions and as a result, the other users flag them and report them to the sites administrators.

Boy you hit the nail on the head there. It's disgusting to see what some people say in response to a news story. There could be a report about a car accident which killed 4 people on a snowy road, and somehow the trolls will find a way to blame the president for each time a fly farts in Panama.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, yes we are getting these reports and a few from the same people and reports from several about one or two members.

Here is the deal and hopefully a fresh look. Some of these threads have actually spurred some interesting conversations that would have not taken place if the questions and options are not shared.

Many members have been here for a long time and we have seen spammers come and go and we can get irritated with repeat threads or the out of turn ediquit KICentral thread conversations. I do enjoy the enthusiasm of new members but while the older members try to adjust in accepting a new member we hope the new members will try to assimilate in respecting a long running friendly community.

To sum it up "Keep it Classy"

We have banned some members just because everyone disliked their post and attempts to disrupt. That is not a easy decision to make as sometimes it's just the early part of a new persons way to feel part of the conversation. But the greater good of the community is equally important and will be respected. Some here may want to read between the lines.

Ride On!!

P.S. the signature quotes of others is getting really old can we refrain from them before signatures get removed. Signatures are suppose to be about you not a tool to define others. Thanks.

• Like 4

I look this way, said people you say are trolls just have different point of views than typical people and that's all good, no need to get ****y over it. You're on a free forum board on the internet talking about roller coaster. Find that dangly bit of stuff between your legs and man up and get over it, some people you'll agree with some you won't its whatever. He states his opinion, others flip out and take it too personal and start the flame war, and he retaliates in good fun, and then you rage quit and hit report. Its bad enough we have to have a thread here for this crap. However at least freedoms like this exist here, if you don't like it go to pointbuzz where there's more moderation than free discussion.

• Like 5

Mostly correct but there really is a tipping point in where it gets so bad that members stop checking in and then we all lose including the park as a way to get a message out or feedback from true enthusiast. Back in the day I feel we had more problems but since the popularity of FB people are more custom to social manners.

I don't think it's a case of the accused trolls just "having different opinions."

I'm fine with someone having a different opinion than me, but I'm not fine with said person trying to shove that opinion down my throat at every opportunity. For example, I'm not particularly fond of the Voyage, but I don't go around posting "voyage sucks ravine flyer 2 is better" for no good reason; I state my opinion when it is pertinent to the discussion and I do so as politely as I can muster with correct grammar, capitalization, and punctuation (and in doing so, I follow the KIC Terms of Service.)

Also, I don't try to prove my opinion is right and other people's opinions are wrong when people challenge my opinion.

Be civil and people will tend to be civil to you. As my signature says, "The smile that you send out, returns to you."

• Like 3

I look this way, said people you say are trolls just have different point of views than typical people and that's all good, no need to get ****y over it. You're on a free forum board on the internet talking about roller coaster. Find that dangly bit of stuff between your legs and man up and get over it, some people you'll agree with some you won't its whatever. He states his opinion, others flip out and take it too personal and start the flame war, and he retaliates in good fun, and then you rage quit and hit report. Its bad enough we have to have a thread here for this crap. However at least freedoms like this exist here, if you don't like it go to pointbuzz where there's more moderation than free discussion.

Occasionally we get off topic but, I'm sorry, no one wants to hear someone trolling about their so called "hot wife".

• Like 2