New Members/Spammers/Trolls

I don't think it's a case of the accused trolls just "having different opinions."

I'm fine with someone having a different opinion than me, but I'm not fine with said person trying to shove that opinion down my throat at every opportunity. For example, I'm not particularly fond of the Voyage, but I don't go around posting "voyage sucks ravine flyer 2 is better" for no good reason; I state my opinion when it is pertinent to the discussion and I do so as politely as I can muster with correct grammar, capitalization, and punctuation (and in doing so, I follow the KIC Terms of Service.)

Also, I don't try to prove my opinion is right and other people's opinions are wrong when people challenge my opinion.

Be civil and people will tend to be civil to you. As my signature says, "The smile that you send out, returns to you."

This...

I look this way, said people you say are trolls just have different point of views than typical people and that's all good, no need to get ****y over it. You're on a free forum board on the internet talking about roller coaster. Find that dangly bit of stuff between your legs and man up and get over it, some people you'll agree with some you won't its whatever. He states his opinion, others flip out and take it too personal and start the flame war, and he retaliates in good fun, and then you rage quit and hit report. Its bad enough we have to have a thread here for this crap. However at least freedoms like this exist here, if you don't like it go to pointbuzz where there's more moderation than free discussion.

Occasionally we get off topic but, I'm sorry, no one wants to hear someone trolling about their so called "hot wife".

...and this.

There is a line between differing opinions and trolling, and a certain user has crossed that line. I won't name that user because everybody knows who it is, especially that user himself.

• Like 2

It's obvious YoungStud and chugh43 are going to keep bickering. I tried to begin the process of having them hash it out and find level ground, but my post was deleted.

Is it obvious? My last post to YoungStud was two days ago. I have not said anything to him since, but it's obvious that I'm going to keep bickering. Quit trying to call me out man.

• Like 5

Seriously I'm getting a little sick of new and old members having it out. Yes I can see why some people are upset. If you guys are wanting to complain why don't you just pm the moderators? That's all I got to say about that. My opinion so don't bash me for it.

• Like 2

I/we are watching more closely, sorry for all the frustrations some of you have been experiencing. Feel free to report or PM if there is something in detail I need to be more aware of. Please understand time is a premium with me right now so keep that in mind if you feel you need to vent/report/suggest or anything else that does not fall into those categories. I feel I owe you better attention in these forms.

Lastly let me say when I moderate/admin I really try not to take a side or care to do so. I really want to resolve a situation, sometimes I/we get it right sometimes we do not. In those cases feel free to respectfully send a PM to let me know what I/we missedas we want to get it right. Here is the thing no matter what I/we get blasted from one side or the other. I assure you I am used to that and try to let those personal attacks roll off as I do understand emotions can run high here. This community and the members here are worth the time and effort and I appreciate you sticking around to share your expertise or experiences.

• Like 7

If I could make a suggestion:

If none of the current admins and mods have the time to be active on the site and keep a close eye on the happenings here at least two to three times a day, given that we have recently been hitting 500 posts per day (which is the highest post rate since I joined KIC in 2010), then select a few established users who are active and well known and trusted by the community, and promote them to moderator. That way we can have a more visible mod presence, and alleged flame wars can be shut down faster rather than repeatedly hitting Report and hoping someone shows up to take care of it within the next couple of days.

To be clear, I don't fault the current admin/mod team for their lack of activity, as real life is and always will be more important than an online forum. The current level of mod activity was sufficient in the offseason when we had double-digit posts per day, but now with 500/day, a number that will only grow until KI makes "The Announcement", we need more mods, and mods that are visibly active on a daily basis, if not multiple times a day. I'm not volunteering to be a mod as I don't feel that I would make a good mod, but surely we can find three to five people within the established userbase to help out in that capacity.

Thanks for your suggestion JC

From time to time a similar suggestion comes in and it makes a lot of sense. There are other issues that factor in on having a few more moderators. I have thought myself to have certain moderators cover certain areas or departments of the park, which would help stop over moderation or stepping on toes.

Thanks again JC

• Like 1

Can't we all just get along? As my mom always told me (and still does), "You don't have to like someone, but always treat them with respect."

Believe me, it will get you far in life. I'm only in high school and it's worked wonders. Don't be that person who constantly finds fault with someone else just for attention. Prove you're a classy person. The true sign of good character is admitting to one's own faults, not finding the faults of others.

• Like 4

Well to be fair, when I first started posting on the site, some probably would have classified me as a troll.

Within my first month of being here, I had made my way into two or three peoples signatures and created a thread to petition the correct spelling policy on the site. Lol.

But I feel like in my 4-5 years on the site, I have grown into a civilized, productive member and have had a heck of a time getting to know a lot of you.

So, first I want to thank the mods for giving me ample chances and not being so quick to ban. Secondly, all new members should think before they post. And all members that have been here for awhile should just chill out a little. I know its hard sometimes, but it'll be alright in the end. :)

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Is it more BB enthusiasts? Trolls are only good for one thing, XBOX, just don't feed them and report them, do not take them seriously, block them, they will be gone. If I can make another suggestion, we could (note the big word could) make a group of lesser Admins who are of the public realm, but must be able to follow out the proper operations and must be a poster with x amount of posts, like possibly 1k? We could instill those to moderate and send in reports with some sort of block method for those "minor admins" to block members aka trolls for a day, week, etc.

This site will turn into point/coaster buzz where there is only one consensus opinion that is allowed to be stated. That sounds very boring.

Can we speak rationally here? This is not about "consensus opinion". It is, simply, that we know that this coaster is a B&M. Like it, not like it, that facts are the facts. For you to continue to post about how much you hate it, that you are done with it, is one thing. To go foward from there, making yet another "new" poster for the specific intention of riling a thread up is another.

It is trolling. Having an opinion is one thing, being able to add to a conversation or conversations is something quite different.

You HAVE added useful things, here and there. That said, what you did this afternoon was just silly, and, was done for the sole purpose of fanning the flames.

We don't need that. If that is boring to you, you can go. Just click "log off"...

• Like 5

I do like this site better in the off-season, as it becomes more intimate.

My viewpoint on this recent issue is best displayed by this quote from this user. During the offseason, we become like a family, a big group of coaster lovers that comes here to have fun and talk with friends, some who they have never even met. During the summer, more people start getting active on the site and we become separated. That's why we meet up during the summer, because we all want to get away from our computer screens and meet the people that we've been sharing laughs with all winter. I have stepped away from the screen mostly during the two summers that I've been active on KIC because of this same reason.(This summer was somewhat different, as I was really tired of the overloading of the 2014 thread.) Everyone on here has had a few mishaps, but it's just part of becoming a tenured forum user.

So don't fear, my friends: we have great moderators and awesome people here at KIC, and we should be proud of that. I'm really excited to meet you guys on Thursday!

• Like 4

This site will turn into point/coaster buzz where there is only one consensus opinion that is allowed to be stated. That sounds very boring.

Do remember Young, I like BB, while many do not. I love waterparks, while many do not even care for the lot. Minorities are the ones who still thrive in various sites, but all a majority when on one.

BB1, a very intelligent being.