Balloon Glow 2013

Oldiesmann

I`ll be there all day...

Working.

I will be there from 10:00am to probably close to midnight.

It is a fun event to go to, and the fireworks are a blast! Nice long 25 minute or so show, and you are really close to them if you are over by Lake Como.

• Like 3

Topic bump. Just a reminder to people that this event is two days away. For those who have never been to Coney, it is a fun event. Even though it is one of the busier days of the season, I absolutely love working that day, even though I`ll be working close to 14 hours that day.

Seeing all the balloons lit up is an amazing site. And the Rozzi`s always put on an amazing show. Be sure to get there early though, as parking goes up after 2pm to $10 from the typical $8.

• Like 1

Apparently, our band will be trading tunes with the Anderson Township Symphony Orchestra. Should be some good live music for the event. We'll be at the gazebo, plus we have a singer. There is also the possibility we may have a Dixieland Band with us as well.

• Like 1

I just got back from the Balloon Glow at Coney Island, and I must say, it was a tremendous experience for me as a musician. It was a real treat for me to have played there, in a jazz band no less, much like Moonlite Gardens once brought in those many years ago. I know we played across from it in the gazebo, but I still count it as having played there. We pulled out tunes like In The Mood, American Patrol, and Tequila and it went extremely well. Mark that as another famous venue I've played, with a list including Madison Square Gardens, the Superdome, and Ohio Stadium.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Balloon Glow this year and last year. I thought the park seemed less busy during the day this year than last year, but the evening seemed almost twice as busy. My friends and I still had a good time and will probably be back for next year's Balloon Glow. The blond girl with glasses running the Tilt-O-Whirl in the evening really stood out from all the other ride operators because she was engaging the riders, getting them riled up for a more fun ride experience.

• Like 2