Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at WDW

I have been reading about this new coaster going in at WDW to be based and themed around the 1937 Classic Disney Film Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs. From what I have come to understand it's being built by Vekoma. Being the Disney fans my family are Iam wondering do any of you know if this will be a family type-coaster like Rugrats:Runaway Reptar or what's known by now Flying Ace Aerial Chase. Or will this coaster be strictly for children? I have read it's a family coaster on some sites and read it's for kids on others I just need some help from you coaster pros. Is it for the family?!?! I want my youngins to have fun and forget about this cruel wicked world we live in and enjoy,have fun while we are in Florida next year. THANKS!

-ShadowBolt (Who is a kid at heart)

• Like 2

You're comparing a small, cheap, kids' inverted coaster to a heavily themed family coaster at a major theme park. It will be definitely for the family. But it has no relation to Flying Ace Aerial Chase...at all.

Also, you'll be lucky for that ride to even open in the next 10 years. They've been working on it for what, 3 years now, and barely anything has been done.

Indeed but the Vekoma being installed at WDW is a custom creation. If I'm not mistaken, the only thing Vekoma is doing is the track. While everything else including electrical work, trains, and theming is being done in house.

You're comparing a small, cheap, kids' inverted coaster to a heavily themed family coaster at a major theme park. It will be definitely for the family. But it has no relation to Flying Ace Aerial Chase...at all.

Also, you'll be lucky for that ride to even open in the next 10 years. They've been working on it for what, 3 years now, and barely anything has been done.

I was just there in late may. Barely anything been done? Ha!

The coaster track circuit is now complete and the exterior rock work and scaping is probably 50% done. The interior theming has now begun, and the coaster is on track to be open in 2014 Spring/Summer.

This is what I'd call a "thrilling" family coaster. No it's not a small Vekoma Flying Chase (which I believe they simply produced the coaster itself) rather a "big" sit-down coaster with some larger turns outside of the mountain. I'd expect it to me a milder Big Thunder with great interior effects.

I have to say, the new Fantasyland at WDW MK is absolutely incredible! The Beast/Belle/Gaston portion is so well done words cant describe it. It blends into the old Fantasyland like perfection!

• Like 11

I'm new to this coaster stuff..I'm learning. Thanks Everyone. I haven't been to WDW in a few years.. Looking forward to it. I hear The Little Mermaid ride is theme extremely well as is the Beauty & The Beast part of the park..Gotta admit I'm looking forward to The Great Goofni...Have any of you been to WDW? Did you like it? What was your favorie ride?

• Like 5

I'm new to this coaster stuff..I'm learning..thanks..So it's an indoor coaster as well? I was thinking it was an indoor.

Indoor/outdoor. There are portions of the ride that drop and curve outside of the mountain.

• Like 2

FAAC may be small, I have no idea if its cheap, buts its a great coaster that fits the area perfectly. A great bridge b/w Woodstock express and the next step up to The Racer, Beast, Flight Deck, etc...

Coasters at KI come 4" at a time.

Great pumpkin coaster at 36"

Beastie @ 40"

FAAC and Surf Dog @ 44"

Racer, Beast, Flight Deck, Stunt coaster, Adventure Express and Vortex at 48"

Then you've got to wait 6" to get on Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Firehawk and Invertigo at 54".

I have no idea about the seven dwarfs mine ride; sorry I can't help you there, but FAAC & Surf Dog were perfect additions to the coaster lineup that was sorely needed and missing from my youth.

• Like 3

I'm new to this coaster stuff..I'm learning. Thanks Everyone. I haven't been to WDW in a few years.. Looking forward to it. I hear The Little Mermaid ride is theme extremely well as is the Beauty & The Beast part of the park..Gotta admit I'm looking forward to The Great Goofni...Have any of you been to WDW? Did you like it? What was your favorie ride?

Walt Disney World is not only Magic Kingdom - in fact, EPCOT is my favorite Disney World park, then Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom is great for little ones but it gets kind of boring as you get older and when you visit more often (been at least eight times so I might just be getting bored with it) - so I think it's okay. I love love love Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Haunted Mansion, but Peter Pan's Flight and Winnie the Pooh are getting outdated.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a great coaster and will have some good competition with Seven Dwarfs.

My favorite ride is Space Mountain; favorite non coaster is Pirates of the Caribbean.

Oh: and don't go on Stitch's Great Escape. Don't.

• Like 2

It's really coming together! It looks like it's going to be a blast to ride. I'm looking forward to riding this..I can't wait to see New Fantasy Land another question is doing any of you know how to find the characters? My little girls want to meet the princesses and Mickey & Friends.My little guy wants to meet some of the villains..I don't think that's possible but hey wanted to ask.

Walt Disney World is not only Magic Kingdom - in fact, EPCOT is my favorite Disney World park, then Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom is great for little ones but it gets kind of boring as you get older and when you visit more often (been at least eight times so I might just be getting bored with it) - so I think it's okay. I love love love Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Haunted Mansion, but Peter Pan's Flight and Winnie the Pooh are getting outdated.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a great coaster and will have some good competition with Seven Dwarfs.

My favorite ride is Space Mountain; favorite non coaster is Pirates of the Caribbean.

While I re-itterate yoursentiments about Stitch's Escape (bad, bad, bad!) I disagree with you that MK is boring as you get older.

Now if you're, say, 13-25 only looking for thrills, then perhaps. However I'm 41 and thoroughly enjoy MK - it's my favorite Disney park.

Magic Kingdom was never intended (nor ever will be intended) to be a high-thrill park. It was built to be a family-focused park full of things that can be enjoyed by everyone with an imagination. If you go into MK and walk out thinking it's boring, IMO, you've been blind to the whole concept.

Magic Kingdom was built on Walts principle that "“Age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. ... it's dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Next time, look at it with a grown-up childs eyes - and you'll marvel at how wonderful it is.

• Like 9

It's really coming together! It looks like it's going to be a blast to ride. I'm looking forward to riding this..I can't wait to see New Fantasy Land another question is doing any of you know how to find the characters? My little girls want to meet the princesses and Mickey & Friends.My little guy wants to meet some of the villains..I don't think that's possible but hey wanted to ask.

There's been a concentrated effort to make the characters more accessible at WDW.

You'll find the characters all throughout the MK park in the places you'd expect them. Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother at the castle, Jasmine and Alladin in Adventureland etc etc. Belle can be found at the new "Enchanted Tales with Belle" (which is a don't miss- it is a FANTASTIC experience for families!!!) At the front of the MK park, in the Town Square Theatre, the characters are there all day. They rotate, but Mickey is always there as are the various Princesses. Goofy, Donald & more can be found around the new Dumbo Circus area.

At the Magic Kingdom however, there's a character that is, without a doubt a don't miss.... Gaston. He's back at his new Tavern and it is hysterical fun to see him interact with folks! As a matter of fact, I just uploaded my pic with him... yes, it's a rare glimpse of "Shaggy."

Seperately, the easiest (IMO) place to find all the Princesses is at EPCOT's World Showcase. There you'll find one in each country - Belle in France, Snow White in England, Mulan in China etc etc etc.

• Like 2

While I re-itterate yoursentiments about Stitch's Escape (bad, bad, bad!) I disagree with you that MK is boring as you get older.

Now if you're, say, 13-25 only looking for thrills, then perhaps. However I'm 41 and thoroughly enjoy MK - it's my favorite Disney park.

Magic Kingdom was never intended (nor ever will be intended) to be a high-thrill park. It was built to be a family-focused park full of things that can be enjoyed by everyone with an imagination. If you go into MK and walk out thinking it's boring, IMO, you've been blind to the whole concept.

Magic Kingdom was built on Walts principle that "“Age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. ... it's dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Next time, look at it with a grown-up childs eyes - and you'll marvel at how wonderful it is.

Magic Kingdom is wonderful. The theme is top notch and it's definitely magical. But rides like Peter Pan's Flight and The Little Mermaid are just boring...I know the concept of Magic Kingdom. They just need more intense rides - I'm not looking for thrills, just a little more thrilling rides. At Islands of Adventure, The Cat in the Hat as a normal dark ride would've been boring, but they added the spinning movements and things like that. If Disney incorporated some more of this stuff into their rides, they would all be great.

I still love Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain.

Much has changed there in the past few years..the big thunder rehab is great (as is the interactive que, which is also fun at HM), the new FL is great (I enjoyed the Little Mermaid ride..the movie condensed into a 5 min ride), dueling dumbos (that que is spetacular..you que up until you enter a 'big top' tent..then you are given a pager and are then free to play in the circus themed play area inside or shop or eat..then your pager buzzes when its your turn)..and that's just at MK..Epcot has revamped Test Track, while the Studios have recently updated Star Tours. It's an always-changing place, just as Walt envisoned. If you get a chance, dine in Be Our Guest (inside Beast Castle in FL). Dinner is great, but reservations are hard to get. Lunch, however, is open to anyone. enjoy!

• Like 4

I was a cast member at The Magic Kingdom park in 2011 and miss it dearly. My favorite ride at WDW would have to be Haunted Mansion. My favorite thing to do at WDW would either be putt-putt, the bird show at Disney's Animal Kingdom, or Philharmagic at Magic Kingdom Park.

I disagree while, DAK is my favorite park, MK was always fun for me.

• Like 4

Ah I simply cannot wait. I'll be in Walt Disney World for the first time as a father with our 2 and 6 year old girls, arriving about a month after this coaster is scheduled to open. I have a very good friend who is an "imagineer" who is working on this ride, and according to him, they are a bit ahead of schedule. The "tilting" cars will provide a great experience...now we just need a "Temple of Doom Mine Ride" (sorry...boyhood fantasy).

I honestly don't know who is more excited...myself our the kids. :)

• Like 4

You're comparing a small, cheap, kids' inverted coaster to a heavily themed family coaster at a major theme park. It will be definitely for the family. But it has no relation to Flying Ace Aerial Chase...at all.....

I must have missed something.

Did you not write "A coaster is a coaster is a coaster."?

• Like 2

You're comparing a small, cheap, kids' inverted coaster to a heavily themed family coaster at a major theme park. It will be definitely for the family. But it has no relation to Flying Ace Aerial Chase...at all.....

I must have missed something.

Did you not write "A coaster is a coaster is a coaster."?

I didn't mean it like that. I meant, why do we need to put labels on coasters? I.e. hypercoaster, giga coaster, etc. They're all roller coasters.

• Like 2

I have been reading about this new coaster going in at WDW to be based and themed around the 1937 Classic Disney Film Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs. From what I have come to understand it's being built by Vekoma. Being the Disney fans my family are Iam wondering do any of you know if this will be a family type-coaster like Rugrats:Runaway Reptar or what's known by now Flying Ace Aerial Chase. Or will this coaster be strictly for children? I have read it's a family coaster on some sites and read it's for kids on others I just need some help from you coaster pros. Is it for the family?!?! I want my youngins to have fun and forget about this cruel wicked world we live in and enjoy,have fun while we are in Florida next year. THANKS!

-ShadowBolt (Who is a kid at heart)

The intensity of the coaster is supposed to be somewhere between Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-06-05/the-daily-disney/os-disney-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-complete-20130605_1_new-fantasyland-princess-fairytale-hall-seven-dwarfs-mine-train

While we're on the subject of Disney parks, I have to say, Magic Kingdom is my favorite park by far.

Why? Ain't no other Disney park with an Enchanted Tiki Room. (Except for Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland in California, but that's besides the point.)

Although to be completely honest, transportation to the Magic Kingdom is laughable. First you gotta park your car, then you have to take a tram to the Transportation & Ticket Center, then you gotta take a monorail or ferryboat, and THEN you can enter the park. When it's all said and done, it's probably about a half hour process between pulling in to the Magic Kingdom parking lot and actually entering the park.

• Like 2

While we're on the subject of Disney parks, I have to say, Magic Kingdom is my favorite park by far.

Why? Ain't no other Disney park with an Enchanted Tiki Room. (Except for Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland in California, but that's besides the point.)

Although to be completely honest, transportation to the Magic Kingdom is laughable. First you gotta park your car, then you have to take a tram to the Transportation & Ticket Center, then you gotta take a monorail or ferryboat, and THEN you can enter the park. When it's all said and done, it's probably about a half hour process between pulling in to the Magic Kingdom parking lot and actually entering the park.

I swear everyone on here has the exact opposite opinions of me, haha...

I love that about it. It really feels like you're entering a new world, away from everything else. Especially riding the ferryboat to Magic Kingdom; say bye to the rest of the resort and say hello to a different land!

Although it is a pain in the arse.

• Like 2

And then reverse the process to leave. Leaving KI at close is hard enough.

Me prefer Disneyland to WDW, anytime.

Stay on property ;-) In May I was at the Wilderness Lodge. Transportation was a snap - you just had to do a little homework before-hand to know what shuttles.

The trade-off with Disneyland (I've been there too) is that although it's easier to access... and it's Walts original vision... the park is VERY confined and congested. It's also surrounded by, um, not so nice visuals (although you can't see them while in the park... none the less they are there as soon as you leave property!) Dinseyland definitely has a more intimate feel... but it doesn't provide the escapism of WDW property IMO.

Shaggy

• Like 5

California itself is much more of an escape for me as well. In the past few years, I've learned a lot about myself. For one thing, I is not a Southerner. I prefer escaping to California overall ( or New Jersey ), not Florida. Then there's the fact Valencia, Santa Cruz and even Santa Clara also beckon....

• Like 1

California itself is much more of an escape for me as well. In the past few years, I've learned a lot about myself. For one thing, I is not a Southerner. I prefer escaping to California overall ( or New Jersey ), not Florida. Then there's the fact Valencia, Santa Cruz and even Santa Clara also beckon....

I'll give you Santa Cruz... the Boardwalk really impresses me. But actually the part of CA I love the most has nothing to do with parks.... Santa Barbara is, perhaps, the most beautiful place I've been in the states.

But I am an east-coast Southern Boy... so CA is a nice place to visit (or certain parts of it... San Fran yes, LA NO!) ... but I wouldn't want to live there!

Ironically I am anxious to get back to San Fran soon for Disney. Disney in San Fran? Yes... the Disney family museum near the Golden Gate ;-)

• Like 3

My current job would take me to Sacramento, LA, and San Fran. And Atlanta. And does, on occasion. Currently, awaiting the Career-O-Matic's latest spin...that would add Tennessee, New Mexico and Vegas.

In any event, it's been years since I've been to Orlando, even though I was in Jacksonville a lot the past couple of years.