Speculations past 2003

bingog34

I don't think that will happen. If you look at the two tracks, they are intertwined, and removing just one of them would not be easy. They would have to make the other one stay restricted to one side of the land, which is a change, I don't see the park making anytime soon if ever. Chances are they will remove part of it, and throw in another upcharge attraction to rival the slingshot they put in Oktoberfest.

Is there more than one side to that ride? I thought that there was only one track there. Did they remove one track? Please give me more information on the history of this ride. You guys got me interested now! I am fasinated with the history of the old rides. biggrin.gif -Adam 12

-Last post by "adam12" was on 12-23-2002, at 9:23AM

There are two stations. The one in Rivertown has gotten closed down due to the cars costing too much. The other station in Coney Mall is still open. The tracks intertwine with eachother. Meaning they go over and under each other. This means that if the thing is removed, both stations will have to go.

Yes, although the cars are a nice family ride, they take up a lot of room for what they offer: standing in line for a 2-minute ride through the polluted Kings Island country-side??? Have you seen the creeks back there? They're filled with sewage and waste...wouldn't be suprised if that's where Tucker's Roadside Grill dumps all of their waste grease. I could see the park selling the ride to a starting park. The cars take up a good portion of the park, you can see that from the Eiffel Tower. Just some more thoughts (and when will they expand to the east??? I know they own a good deal of that land...

I was talking to an employee when I was on the Eifel tower and he said they could double in size from what they are right now. I would have a problem if they took out the car ride, it is one of the orignal rides and that is one of the rides that gives the park its charm! -adam12

-Last post by "adam12" was on 12-24-2002 at 1:02PM

But would it be better for the park's financial value to remove it and add a kickin' coaster? I think so...it would be a great way to get people out of Action Zone. Although that was what Tomb Raider was supposed to do, it worked until mid-July, and after that Tomb Raider was an easy 20 minute walk-on.

There is no park in the world that needs two log flumes. Look, Good rides equal big bucks. Even if the initial investment is huge, the return is always good. Not everyone has to like Tomb Raider, but as long as a majority does, things like it are going to keep showing up in the park. Frequent visitors to the park, are in the minority, while I think that the people that come to PKI once a year, or even twice, are most of what makes up PKI's visitors. If you don't like Tomb Raider, chances are you won;t like other new rides that PKI will put in, as I expect PKI to put in more rides like Tomb Raider, and its success.

I think that I could go either way. I still think they should put in more rides that are "long term" and have their own special features and are not theemed after movies, shows etc. BTW, How did the park theem their rides before Paramount? NOT AFTER MOVIES. LOL! They always showed a profit and Kings Island was a cool place to go. -adam12

I am talking about rides like "TOP GUN", that ride can not last of ever because it is theemed after a movie. A ride like the "Beast" will last forever because it is its own ride and has class! -adam12

You are trying to tell me, that because a ride is themed after a movie, it can't last forever? What kind of crap is that? Any ridxe can last, as long as there is interest in riding it, and the park makes money off of it. Top Gun: the movie was a blockbuster hit in 1986 when it came out. I know of at least two coasters themed to it. These coasters still exist today in 2002, some 16 years after the original hit movie debuted., and they are still being ridden by numerous people. You thoughts of rides themed after movies, and not having staying power is incorrect, as this ride proves.

This is a bit off topic but don't ever harass the Maintance Workers, they work to keep our coasters and rides working. The Top Gun Incident may be more involved than just one Worker csrelessly leaving a truck in the way but we dont know because we aren't in any position to know. DONT EVER harass the Maintance Workers, stuck on Beast, Drop Zone, Flight of Fear, who gets you down, out, or going again, the MAINTANCE WORKERS! mad.gifbiggrin.gif

Alright who harassed the maint. guy? The last time we got stuck on Vortex, it was a real pain, we were stuck there for like 20 minutes and people started like freaking out, like they are claustrophobic or something. I wish those people would not get on coasters.

One thing I want to know is why do people think that King's Island would ever take out Racer or Beast, Racer is the reason for the second golden age of coasters, it's fun for everyone, and it was PKI's first coaster (Barvairian Beetle was their second Racer was the main ride to go in). Beast will never go unless there is some god awefull thing that happens to it IE tornado, it's PKI's SIGNATURE coaster, you say PKI what do people think of Beast Or Son of Beast. laugh.gif

The only thing I ever expect to happen to The Beast, could be a rebuild or even new trains. Eventually its gonna need some serious rehab work, like replacing the structureal timbers, and probably even the metal rails it rides on. Probably eventually it will get new trains, because like all things, eventually fixing the trains it already has, could become very expensive.

I heard that they were replaceing the track on The Beast this winter. That is the reason they had one last ride for 2002. I guess they think it will change the way it rides. The ride will probably be a little smoother. BTW, The Beast is my favorite coster period! -adam12