Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company...

Koaster King

I wish KI would go Pepsi, that would be great. I love Pepsi and they have much better products than Coke.

I think using Coke in the parks is a paramount thing, not just a KI thing. I agree that Pepsi si beeter because you get Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper, and Diet Pepsi tastes way better than Diet Coke, but I just don't think it will ever happen at PKI.

I wish KI would go Pepsi, that would be great.  I love Pepsi and they have much better products than Coke.

I think using Coke in the parks is a paramount thing, not just a KI thing. I agree that Pepsi si beeter because you get Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper, and Diet Pepsi tastes way better than Diet Coke, but I just don't think it will ever happen at PKI.

YUCK! Pepsi gross i hate Pepsi i love Coke and iam happy that pki is a Coke park like many others are! but thats just me! biggrin.giftongue.gif

Just have to say. Got back from Spring break and visited Carowinds. Now they have a new restruant called "Outer Hanks" (sorta a pun with the Outer Banks an area on the Atlantic Ocean in the Carolinas) that serves the Bubba Gumps food. I of course at there cause my old boss that now works at Carowinds treated me to it. I got the shrimp basket which was fried shrimp and fries. I thought it was great and if KI has the same food I'm sure its going to be very popular. They also have a fried fish basket and a fish and shrimp combo and some other things as well. I'm not sure if KI will have more or the same or what they are having exactly but I just know its going to be good.

I think some of you guys thinking there is going to be like a contunuous flow of vomit. That wount be happoning. Althow there will be people getting sick, it will not project itself.

EDIT: I would be more worried about people spitting.

Edited by Dane

The new Shrimp Shack won't be finished till June 15th, the construction is still very extensive.

Subway is going where Sweet Tooth used to be. They are reconstructing that building as well. I belive that It's Fried will be selling what Sweet Tooth had as well as it's normal items (can anyone verify this?).

The ship will stay the same for now, nothing is going on with that.

The I.S. Foutain looks GREAT! It looks brand new!

The metal dectors are up at the front gate and have been placed several feet in front of the ticket booths. They are not in place yet for the employees.

The new Sponge Bob stuff looks pretty cool in front of FX Theater.

Some of this might be repeated, sorry for that. I hope to see everyone this weekend, I will be working Saturday morning and pulling a double on Sunday. I can't wait! biggrin.gif

I didn't see the metal detectors. Are they outside the garage doors that block off the entrance?

Everybody on the inside in food (area managers, sups,...) is calling it Bubba Gump's, so Bubba Gump's is what I will be calling it. Are they going to tear the building down or just gut it? From the looks of things, I'd say they're just gutting it.

The metal detectors are on the outside of the park, before you buy your tickets or go through the gates.

Yeah they are just gutting Bubba Gumps, the outside of the building will just be repainted and rethemed. The front of the building will be extened out and the "food lines" will be changed around.

Dino your Right its prob the same stuff as 7th portal.. cutouts and banners( i wonder if we will hear the theme music to Spongebob?) but just themed to Spongebob i cant wait til next month when it opens...But i wanna know will the shrimp shack cost alot money to go and eat there? will you still be able to feed the fish..i like to do that when iam resting for a lil bit~ rolleyes.gif

Anybody got any idea about how overpriced the Subway is going to be in the park? And will it participate in the stamp program?

FYI:

The price of a 20 oz of pop has yet again been raised, this time to 2.75. Also, Chills, available at most Carts, have increased from $3.00 to $3.50. Dippin Dots are still $3.50, Pretzels are still $3.00, and Cheese is still $1.00.

Useless Info:

The Chinese Restaurant Replacing All-Star is run by an outside company and will not be staffed by people hired by Kings Island, while Subway and Bubba Gump's will be staffed by regular employees of the park. The employee's assigned to BG's are working in the Festhaus until BG's opens.

I hope it's the same price, but I doubt it will be. LaRosa's and Skyline are more expensive in the park, so...

I just hope that they don't do it like they did LaRosa's. Pepperoni Pizza or Cheese Pizza. No other toppings. I hope you still get to do the walk through pick everything part of Subway.

Hopefully the Subway is cheaper than they are at Six Flags, 3 years ago when I went a 6" sub, chips and drink was like around $7.00. Didn't even have the variety and toppings that are available in the usual stores. Does anybody have any info on the Chinese restaurant, is it buffet style? Prices?

• 4 weeks later...
Hopefully the Subway is cheaper than they are at Six Flags, 3 years ago when I went a 6" sub, chips and drink was like around $7.00. Didn't even have the variety and toppings that are available in the usual stores. Does anybody have any info on the Chinese restaurant, is it buffet style? Prices?

Mandarin Cuisine is not buffet style, but considerin ti is chinese food and a departure from the norm, I think there prices are pretty reasonable, although elevated like the other food in the park.

Mandarin Cuisine cost no more than the Chinese restaurant where i live for 2 it is about 20 dallors the same as pki

Thats some expensive chinese food where you live. Around here, its only about $4 a person for lunch and about $6 for dinner.

• 12 years later...