Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company...

Koaster King

I heard this rumor several months ago about the Oktoberfest Gardens across from Adventure Express changing to the Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company (PKD has one, I think?), but I haven't heard anything else about it. I would really like for PKI to get some more nice, sit-down restaurants, so I hope this is true or at least something similar in the next couple years. I could see it happening, except I don't know if they think Forrest Gump would still have a mass appeal. It's a timeless film though, so who knows? Any ideas?

-Danny

What they need to do is clean out that pond.

I can see Subway in some of the old Ice Cream stands (E.G. the stand by the Bungy Jump attraction) but Chinese I dont see happening.

PKI used to have a 4 star restaraunt, but it was so good that patrons had to leave the park, get dressed up, and then go and eat there. Right now, its used for job fairs and meetings.

They had Chinese in 2001....at the stand across from International Showplace...it was pretty good, but they took it out....

Oh yea, International Restaurant (above the front gate) was a good restaurant and had access from in and out of the park....I wouldn't call it dressy though....it was nice, but not 'dressy'.

Is there any point at which it is too expensive to repair a building, and they just tear it down and rebuild a new one? Most of the buildings in PKI are original aren;t they? It would seem that eventually an analysis of reapir vs. replacement would be done on older buildings, and possibly replacing the ones in the worst shape.

What is that space there used for now? I never see anyone in there!

The space up there is used for group events, like if the park is entertaining important guests, the guests will eat up there. This was true for last year at least, the interviews for the job fairs were held up there. Still has a mini bar, all the seats, and its in real good condition.

Fyrfyter,

PKI take great care in all of their rides, buildings, and equipment. Those buildings are in good shape, and I cannot think of the park tearing a building down rather than just retheme it.

I am sure any remodeling vs demolishing decisions are made depending upon the needs.

For instance, when Adventure Village turned into Action Zone, the former Congo Curio shop was dempolished and replaced with a brand new facility to house Ice Scream Zone. I guarantee you that it was all due to the need for plumbing and more electrical. But on the flip side, the former Cafe Kilimanjaro simply had it's facade changed to suit the new area. The building was not torn down, simply because it had the requirements that the new Stunt Crew Grill needed.

Shaggy

Tom the bar is by no means a "mini bar". They don't just have a little fridge with those mini bottles of alcohol like you find at a hotel. There is in fact three full service bars in that resturaunt. One in the "Carosel Room" (the room with the horses) which was for private group dinners. One in the "lounge" right at the top of the steps then one more in the "Caprise Room" (the room with the TV, couches, private bathroom and coat closet and dining table for 6) That room was reserved for the big wigs.

Yes, I hear that Bubba's is a go as well..... As far as demolition and reconstruction, can't say for sure yet, but the building is said to be in sad shape structurally, so there may not be a choice in the matter. For what its worth, I think that Gardens was a good stand in its day, and past its prime now - definitely due for a makeover, and no, I don't think Forrest Gump has lost its appeal, I love that movie too!

PS. I hear that the Chinese Restaurant will be a buffet......

-jenny

If that building is in rough shape, and they tear it down and rebuild something else, I wonder if they will get rid of the lake altogether and fill in the void with dirt? As long as they keep some form of a beer garden there. You can't have an Oktoberfest area without a beer garden. A definite must for those of us in the older crowd. If they do get rid of it all, I wonder if they will rename the entire area? That could be interesting!

That building isn't so bad that they need to tear it down. Structurally its fine, its just what you see that is getting a little rough. Heck the middle of that building is a huge refridgerator that they just put in there last year. I don't think its getting torn down. Maybe gutted and reworked.

It's used for alot of media events I believe. Oktoberfest-I've heard from a little birdy that it will have to do with a Paramount Movie, that was very popular and it won't be an exact name from the movie, but will relate. I think alot of you know, but I'm not goign to say so I don't get sued.

• 3 weeks later...