6/30/2013: Tweet-ups, Scarecrows, and More!

coasterfanatic83

I went to Kings Island this afternoon with my girlfriend, and we got there around 1:30. As it turns out, this was just in time for Don's tweet-up! At first, I thought he was going to be at Madame Fatale's, but the last clue basically told me to turn around and go the other way over to Ed Alonzo's. We were the first to find him, so we received a front of the line pass, which was valid for today only! Mr. Helbig was very nice, took our photo, and asked us if we liked the whole Tweet-Up deal, which was and obvious yes, especially since we won! :)

After all of that excitement, we stuck around and watched Ed Alonzo's show, which was my first time of the year. As always, it was fantastic.

We then went to visit Project 2014, and our new scarecrow friends! It looks a lot more developed than last time I was there, which was about 3 weeks ago. And yes, it is fun to watch people look through that gap in the fence and scream/mutter expletives.

After that, we worked our way through the park, and eventually ended up using our front of the line pass at Beast, which was great as always. I also took my 60th ride on Diamondback, which isn't really much of an accomplishment compared to some of you, but is the highest total of any ride for me, so I'm gonna celebrate it!

My lady friend wanted to go over to Soak City, because neither of us had been there yet this season. All we did over there was the wavepool and the Splash (and not very lazy) River.

Overall, the park was not too crowded today, and it was a fun day in a fun park! Thanks for reading, and as always if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Photos below!

786233982.jpg?1372614986

Me and my girl :) (and apparently fellow KIC member hittmanj!)

Photo credit: Mr. Don Helbig (via KI's Twitter)

1fg2vt.jpg

Our front of the line ticket :)

On a side note, I am leaving for vacation tomorrow, which means no laptop for a week. Can't wait to sift through 30 pages of decoding when I get back!

• Like 8

You went to my place of technically happiness when I was not there? Stunned is I...

Thanks for the TR, I haven't really posted TRs in a while on here, due to work, and the small amount of time I am here, as well not to mention the little time before work to hit a ride.

• Like 1

KICentral dominated this tweetup - nice!

And yes, it is fun to watch people look through that gap in the fence and scream/mutter expletives.

It's actually scaring people? That's hilarious.

Part of me wants a late announcement, just to see what else they come up with to keep the buzz going. Someone's having way too much fun with this.

• Like 4