Food Choices & Prices

jenbrn78

Can anyone tell me what the food choices are like? How about costs?

We're looking at maybe doing the buffet, does anyone know what's included in it? Is it worth it?

I see they have a Chick Fil A, which we love. How are their costs?

Is there anything we MUST try before we leave?

Thanks for any help.

I will say this,

The burrito place over by Eifel Tower heading towards AE & whatnot was a nice reasonable cost and not too shabby (chipotle sizes, chipotle cost, just not as good as chipotle). Good bang for the buck considering other options

Any funnel cake stand, get a funnel cake with blue ice cream, you will not be disappointed, it's..just...yum...so glad I came up with it, it was totally worth it.

Also might I add while I'm thinking of it, Larosas in the park is ok, the two slices/breadsick combo is alright, don't buy a whole pizza though, it's overpriced out the ass, and honestly for some reason quality seems less there dunno why.

Well they have LaRosa's which is a local pizza chain. The prices for LaRosa's aren't very cheap. I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it was like $23.00.They have Chick-fil-A, I've never tried it so I don't know about the prices. My favorite place to eat is Potato Works, In my opinion the one in Rivertown is the best. Don't forget to stop by Graeters for some blue ice cream.

I remember when the park first open in 1972, LaRosa's on I-Street would sale any left over whole pizzas to the employees for only $1 each. They even did this in the early 90's when I worked there. The employees would line up at the end of the night to purchase the pizzas for just $1 each.

• Like 2

Had the turkey leg for the first time the other day. It was pretty good, definently warm (they just pulled it off the grill), about $7.50 IIRC, more than I could eat. I had never choosen this option before, but it was after 9:00 before we decided to do dinner, and options were getting slim as many places were closing up shop for the evening. On top of that, the lady serving me was quite possibly the nicest, happiest park employee I've ever come across.

Panda Express, inside the festhaus is pretty good. I haven't had it this season, but the last couple of years its been good, price isn't terrible (for a park).

I've heard the cheesesteaks they make over by Diamondback are good, never had one myself.

Reds Hall of Fame is getting good reviews, prices seem on the level of most sit down restaurants outside the park.

I thought the back yard BBQ was still a buffett style setup??? I've never ate there, but that is perhaps what he's talking about. I don't know if its worth it or not.

• Like 3

Online they are still selling tickets for the buffet. It's $13.99. Do you know what it included in the past?i'V

I've never ate there, but I think its things like hot dogs, potatoe salad, chips, etc.... things you'd expect at the stereotypical "backyard BBQ" I'm sure you can find the information somewhere on line, perhaps the FAQ or just call the park and ask.

from the park's website:

Add this picnic style buffet meal to your visit. Menu includes fried chicken, pulled pork, hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans, ice cream treats and unlimited soft drinks. Meal time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm.

BUY NOW AS LOW AS $11.79

• Like 1

Don't go for Chik-fil-a at the park. It's way over priced for the portions they give you.

If I were to recommend something to you, it would be a funnel cake and Rivertown Potato Works fries.

I'd rather avoid Chick-Fil-A outside the park too, personally.

The philly cheese steaks at Snake Pit by Diamondback are awesome. Panda Express has really big portions for the price. Backyard BBQ is a really good choice if you don't mind eating a bit later (a light lunch is probably a good choice if you're planning on doing Backyard BBQ). I haven't eaten at Reds Hall of Fame or Hank's Burrito Shack, but I've heard that both are good. And don't forget the blue ice cream! :)

• Like 2

Don't go for Chik-fil-a at the park. It's way over priced for the portions they give you.

If I were to recommend something to you, it would be a funnel cake and Rivertown Potato Works fries.

I'd rather avoid Chick-Fil-A outside the park too, personally.

take-that-back-now.jpg

If I could get rid of the gun, I would. I mean no violence.

• Like 2

I too avoid "Chik-ful-a-hate" ;)

Best options money wise

• Check out the back yard BBQ buffet
  • Get in your car & drive south on I-71 and get off on exit 19(tons of fast food & restaurants and only 5-6mins~ from the park)
  • Get in your car & turn right onto Kings Island Dr heading towards Kings Mill Rd, there is a small selection of sit down restaurants & fast foods)

I only buy certain park food while at KI (blue ice cream,river town potato fries & funnel cakes) and I pack my own lunch. It works out and saves money.

If you're visiting KI on a Thursday, I HIGHLY recommend T.G.I Fridays ;) super money saver and lots of good food and drinks(only if you're not driving lol)

Also if you're looking for a buffet, your best bet in exit 19 on I-71

• Like 4

You listed my basic KI fare. I find KI's Chik-fil-A to be larger than the average CFA sandwich, but I can see where you're coming from- I choose to eat smaller amounts throughout the day than to lose it on a ride.

If you want a burger, I would go to Jukebox Diner in Coney Mall. They taste like a hamburger, and not like the cafeteria-style burgers sold elsewhere in the park. The restaurant also featues good hand-dipped shakes and a Coke freestyle machine.

• Like 2

Hank's and Panda Express are the best bang for your buck IMO. The Backyard BBQ is only reasonably priced if you have a Gold or Platinum Pass or a big appetite. The Reds Grille is good with reasonable prices on everything but the ribs ($23 for a full rack). Can't help you with Chick-fil-a; they don't get my money for no other reason than the simple fact that I don't care for their style of chicken.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

No MaMa LaRosa's, just LaRosa's. They TRY to sell you two slices AND a breadstick. I always make them take the breadstick off.

Rivertown fries are 5.99, I believe. Ice cream starts at 3.29, I think. Graeter's is more.

Me bad! Have been going to KI for over 30 years now and my dad always called it "Mama" LaRosa's....inside joke, I guess! But, thanks for the info. We'll be headin' that way in a couple of weeks and wasn't for sure on how much we, as a family, needed for food there. We generally eat an actual meal either before or after going! ;)

If you want a burger, I would go to Jukebox Diner in Coney Mall. They taste like a hamburger, and not like the cafeteria-style burgers sold elsewhere in the park. The restaurant also featues good hand-dipped shakes and a Coke freestyle machine.

I love the freestyle Coke machine...cherry flavored anything mmmm :-)

The freestyle Coke machines make my normal soda taste flavored. I typically run the water for a little bit before using it. Yeah I get some strange looks, but oh well.

That's probably because there's a small amount of whatever the previous person had left in the spout. Unfortunately, that's unavoidable when everything runs through one spout.