"Rigged" games

SonofBaconator

They have them. They are not rigged. And the prize you can "win" isn't worth the cost to play.

Also guess your age or birth month.

Unless you get to play with a funperk or your little girl 'must' have that cute little teddy bear! Lucky me I always win the guess your age, late thirties but look mid twenties and act like a teenager according to one I built our house for! ( Yes, with my own hands and a few extra on occasion)

• Like 2

If it is to be expected that the balls are over-inflated, should we also expect the cheapest possible ingredients at the food stands? Cheap imported junk in the shops? And why are amusement park (and carny) games not considered gambling? Why are old pinball games labeled "For Amusement Only"? Are you not betting the park you can do something when the park has huge control over your chances of success (except pure chance games like Guess Your Birth Month -- where the prizes are worth less than the cost to pay..er...play, if not worthless)?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

I walked past the Guess your age/weight....and the young lady asked "Can I guess your birth date or your weight" and my answer was, "Can you guess my birth weight?".....She actually smiled and went to the next customer....LOL

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 13 I did the guess your age game. I look really young and at the time looked 10. Somehow, he guessed 13 as my age.

It is rigged. The people they hire are physics.

I think you mean psychics.

My grandmother called ExLax a physic.

Oh, whoops. For some reason I can never spell psychics correctly.

• Like 2

I hope the Plinko board for Banshee is not rigged?! :)

It's not. It's actually really easy and in my opinion they're giving a lot away.

I won a front of the line pass (on a day that wasn't even crowded...).

While waiting for Plinko two people won a free Xtreme Skyflyer ride and another won a front of the line pass.

• Like 2

It's not. It's actually really easy and in my opinion they're giving a lot away.

While waiting for Plinko two people won a free Xtreme Skyflyer ride and another won a front of the line pass.

Is the Plinko board a guaranteed winner every time, like the prize wheel was at Vortex, or does it one or more non-winning spaces like the prize wheel at Diamondback did?

Is the Plinko board a guaranteed winner every time, like the prize wheel was at Vortex, or does it one or more non-winning spaces like the prize wheel at Diamondback did?

Winner every time, I'm pretty sure.

• Like 2

Most games you have to warm up a bit. Like the 3 point challenge and maybe just get on a hot streak. My best friends son was told that he won too many times that day. That game was not the 3 pt challenge, but the 3 point shot that used to be by the foul shot game, where you get 3 balls (chances) and there is no timer.

I also think the male macho image with their friends watching and sometimes taunting also plays into it. LOL

The football toss game.

I watched a few young males trying to throw like a NFL QB, with no luck or accuracy try and fail over and over. Then the old man (me) tossed it gently (probably more like a girl) LMAO

Btw, I won!! several times.

• Like 4

They have them. They are not rigged. And the prize you can "win" isn't worth the cost to play.

Also guess your age or birth month.

One of the prizes you can win at the Coney Mall Guess Your Weight game is a souvenir cup, the prize that keeps on giving! They give away the ones shaped like Snoopy's bird pal, Woodstock. In my opinion, for soft-drink drinkers, very much worth the $5 IF you win the very first time you play (or the second time for non-passholders)

Homestar92, now proud owner of both a standard red 2013 cup AND a 2013 Woodstock-shaped cup.

Also a 2011 blue WindSeeker cup... somewhere... I seem to have misplaced that...

• Like 3

I've find the foul shot basketball game near by Adventure Express and The Racer has several balls that have alot less air than at other stations....

I hit 4 for 4....the other day over there.

But, the one by Diamondback has OVER INFLATED Balls....

I'm not sure how often they check the balls or pump them up....

Just something I've noticed...

The 3 point challenge....isn't all that difficult (to at least win a prize, although the base prizes SUCK) if you have a good jump-shot...the problem is....

Most people

A- Rush

B- Don't line up their feet correctly.. after reaching for a ball....etc

C- Don't enjoy shooting in front of people...

I'm pretty good at not doing any of the 'said' 3 things....I've just let my basketball game go to !@#$%$ since College.

I rarely get out and play....but...my jump shot's still good for 8-11 traditionally at the 3 point shootout.

Who knows what would happen if I warmed up...or got back into playing shape/condition

However, I do find it sad...that I'll watch that game....on busy days...and see people launch 6-10 shots either directly over the rim (from the sides) or 2-3 feet short.

Like, can't you compensate and figure out what you are doing wrong after 1-2 shots?

I've seen way too many people airball everyrack....or overshoot every rack.

• Like 5

I'll probably win the geuss your age thing because I'm like 6 feet tall and 13. But they might be able to tell from my voice I'm 13.

6 feet at 13 years old? There are a few rides in the park with maximum height limits. Enjoy them while you can. :)

• Like 4

Bring out your brooms I'm calling Shenanigans!!

I'm determined to one day win the ladder climbing game...I want a rasta banana!

I was sitting outside of Adventure Express 2 years back I think while a couple of nieces rode it 3 or 4 times. The ladder climbing game worker, obviously bored by his lack of customers, started climbing the ladder himself. There were enough people that came thru during this 20-30 minutes that I sat there that it was pretty easy to tell what the ladder game worker was doing that made him successful each time, and what the regular customer was doing causing them to fall each time.

• Like 4

Bring out your brooms I'm calling Shenanigans!!

I'm determined to one day win the ladder climbing game...I want a rasta banana!

I was sitting outside of Adventure Express 2 years back I think while a couple of nieces rode it 3 or 4 times. The ladder climbing game worker, obviously bored by his lack of customers, started climbing the ladder himself. There were enough people that came thru during this 20-30 minutes that I sat there that it was pretty easy to tell what the ladder game worker was doing that made him successful each time, and what the regular customer was doing causing them to fall each time.

Expand on this.

• Like 1

Learning the trick to the ladder games is usually very easy; more often than not, the operator will be happy to tell players how to do it and even demonstrate for them.

Actually pulling it off? That's the difficult part.

the climb the ladder....by Adventure Express? I would guess you need to keep your feet all the way to the outside to balance the weight?

Learning the trick to the ladder games is usually very easy; more often than not, the operator will be happy to tell players how to do it and even demonstrate for them.

Actually pulling it off? That's the difficult part.

the climb the ladder....by Adventure Express? I would guess you need to keep your feet all the way to the outside to balance the weight?

Specifically, place your hands and feet on the ropes, not the rungs, IIRC. This ensures that your contact points are exactly equal distances from the center. Also, move one hand and opposite foot simultaneously, and don't stop.

I've known that for years. I still can't pull it off.

• Like 5