"Rigged" games

SonofBaconator

I don't think they are rigged. My daughter won a giant ape that now resides in her bedroom. It's huge. She won it playing ring toss. It was luck, but I don't feel it is rigged. Until she won, I had thought they were, or I would have directed her to try another game with smaller prizes. Btw the apes name is Bruno. It takes up a good portion of her room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you're talking about - because I was "lucky"enough to win one for my 3yr old daughter this year.

It's name is Ooo-EeeAhh.

It's so big she actually still is kinda scared to go near it alone lol. But man the one time we didn't take our truck to the park this year we won it and we had one heckuva ride back with that thing tied down(but basically hanging out the back of the trunk)

. They look big hanging from the ring toss stand - but it's hard to put it into perspective until you try squeezing it through a door.

]

• Like 3

I don't think they are rigged. My daughter won a giant ape that now resides in her bedroom. It's huge. She won it playing ring toss. It was luck, but I don't feel it is rigged. Until she won, I had thought they were, or I would have directed her to try another game with smaller prizes. Btw the apes name is Bruno. It takes up a good portion of her room.

I know exactly what you're talking about - because I was "lucky"enough to win one for my 3yr old daughter this year.

It's name is Ooo-EeeAhh.

It's so big she actually still is kinda scared to go near it alone lol. But man the one time we didn't take our truck to the park this year we won it and we had one heckuva ride back with that thing tied down(but basically hanging out the back of the trunk)

. They look big hanging from the ring toss stand - but it's hard to put it into perspective until you try squeezing it through a door.

]

I was mean. I told her if she won, she'd have to carry it herself. I have pics posted under Trip Reports. (I have a thread with several pics from random trips through the years.)

• Like 2

Yeah I saw those actually haha. We first thought we could just use the stroller but it was to big to even fit on the one we had. So I volunteered to carry it back to the car.

Let's just say it was it was "interesting " just trying to jam it into the car. Eventually after pushing, pulling, and cramming I was able to close the doors. Just then someone walked by and asked if I would sell it. "sorry man too little too late".

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Do they still have the rotating electric coil game where you have to move the ring down to the bottom of the coil without touching it? It looked something like this:

zap_D.jpg

...except I think it had handles on 2 sides of the ring instead of just the 1 above.

It has to be the hardest carnival game I've ever seen.

The wire coil games aren't rigged, but the giant buzzer is purposely placed right next to the gaming area so when you actually manage to get your metal ring down to the bottom , the buzzer ends up being in your way. Its not rigging the game, but I think its ridiculous, as the game is already too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 1 month later...

This topic made me have flashbacks of working games one year.

Nothing is rigged because all games are possible to win they just may be harder than in a normal setting. Baskestball for example when I was working was regulation size opening for the hoop but it was double rimmed so if you hit the rim there was no give and the ball would bounce away easier. I believe now they are more oval shaped but still very possible to win.

The only game I saw working there that was almost impossible to win was on the walkway towards Firehawk and Flight of Fear. You had to throw a ring around this flower and have it go all the way to the base. The leaves off the sprout made it get hung up. They removed that game before the end of the season.

I've won almost every game in the park throughout the years the only one I have not won is ring toss.