Abandoned Boats

Oldiesmann

My sister and I wandered down to the riverboat "gate" this afternoon to take some pictures. We decided to see where the path near the river went, and stumbled across two abandoned boats - one on either side of the road. Does anyone know the story behind these? It looks like both boats have been there for quite some time, and one has a registration sticker from 1991 on it!

I'm assuming they were somehow washed up on shore during a flood, but I've never heard of them being there before.

Here are the photos I took of them:

Coney Island Abandoned Boats

• Like 14

Where is this? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Mason and the surrounding areas! A neat find and it would be even more neat to find out the details on these boats!

It's not in Mason. It's at Coney Island east of downtown Cincinnati.

• Like 7

Whoopsies. Told you, I have no clue about Cincy and the greater Cincy area. Now, ask me to show you around Charleston and the greater area and we're good to go!  ;)

Sure. Can you show me the Atlantic Ocean and the mulberries on Main?

Terp, who tires of those who say "West Virginia? Sure, I've been to Richmond many times...and don't even think of explaining Charles Town!

• Like 2

I do know that Coney had a "haunted" hay ride last year for the Fall O Ween festival. I`m not entirely sure what path you were on when you took these images, or if the haunted hay ride in fact use props like this.

This path is in the southwest part of the park - go through the riverboat gate and down the hill towards the river, then take a left and you'll see the boats. It ends up near the basketball courts and picnic shelters at the back of the park. It's entirely possible they're used as props, but it's unlikely they were put there intentionally, considering how much work it would take to leave two abandoned boats in the dirt several hundred feet from the river like that. I tried emailing the park for more info, but it just bounced back saying "unknown user" (the "info" address used for the "Administration/General Information" option on the contact form apparently doesn't exist). I'll try contacting them via FB or Twitter and see if I get anywhere that way.

• Like 2

nOOoooooOooooOoooo!

I love boats! I love being on the water. This is incredibly sad. Karma dictates that I have a husband and a dog that can't swim, but this is too much. It's like seeing a beautiful model on the "faces of meth" page.

• Like 4

Whoopsies. Told you, I have no clue about Cincy and the greater Cincy area. Now, ask me to show you around Charleston and the greater area and we're good to go! ;)

Sure. Can you show me the Atkantic Ocean and the mulberries on Main?

Terp, who tires of those who say "West Virginia? Sure, I've been to Richmond many times...and don't even think of explaining Charles Town!

We once had a new kid from Nevada and his initial reaction with Charleston was "Oh, so Charleston and Charles Town are the same?" I was totally baffled, I just left him to allow him to thank it out on his own.

nOOoooooOooooOoooo!

I love boats! I love being on the water. This is incredibly sad. Karma dictates that I have a husband and a dog that can't swim, but this is too much. It's like seeing a beautiful model on the "faces of meth" page.

My dad probably react the same way.

• Like 1

I do know that Coney had a "haunted" hay ride last year for the Fall O Ween festival. I`m not entirely sure what path you were on when you took these images, or if the haunted hay ride in fact use props like this.

Bingo, we have a winner! They were indeed used as props on the Haunted Hayride last year. They had a scene set up with skeletons on the boats. We go to Fall-O-Ween every year, and last year or the year before was the first time they had the boat scene.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...