Going alone to Kings Island

TeTe27

Just wondered if anyone has been to Kings Island alone and the experience they've had. Seems like the older I get the more my friends lose interest in going and my husband HATES amusement parks and never goes. I'm not sure when I'm going to go but I may end up going alone. So I was just curious to what people thought.

• Like 9

I love going to parks with people.

I love going to parks by myself.

At Kennywood, you often have to pair up with others to ride, especially Thunderbolt.

I've met some very interesting people that way.

It's only a lonely experience if you let it be.

Or post in KIC meetups and ride with a new friend.

Really! :)

• Like 18

I've ridden one coaster alone in the past three years and it's an awful experience for me, personally. Waiting in line alone isn't very fun because there's nobody to talk to, and riding alone is somewhat boring too because you don't get to enjoy the ride with a friend.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Experiences will vary.

• Like 4

I've ridden one coaster alone in the past three years and it's an awful experience for me, personally. Waiting in line alone isn't very fun because there's nobody to talk to, and riding alone is somewhat boring too because you don't get to enjoy the ride with a friend.

Youngstud does not need others to have fun.

• Like 11

I didn't realize there is a KIC meet up section. I'll look into that. I kinda figured the only perk to going alone would be that you can do whatever YOU want to do at YOUR own pace without anyone giving you any crap.

• Like 11

On a Saturday in June, I was the first member of the public to ride Vortex.

In 1-1.

With me, myself and I. No one else on the train!

It was surreal.

I have done Beast this way. Racer. Kingda Ka. El Toro. Nitro. Batman and Robin: The Chiller. Rolling Thunder. And the Coney Island Cyclone. Camden's three coasters (and Thunderbolt Express). The Georgia Cyclone. Goliath (at SFOG).

I wouldn't trade those experiences away for much.

• Like 10

I go alone all the time. One thing I find is that when you're by yourself, it's much easier to strike up a conversation with the party next to you than if you have others in your own party. Another huge benefit is being able to do what you want when you want at your own pace.

• Like 8

I just went today alone and it was great. It's actually very enjoyable in ways because you can walk around, go on rides, and look at stuff at your own pace.

For example, I went on Eiffel Tower today and stayed up there for almost a half an hour just taking pictures of rides!

The only thing I worry when going alone is someone I know seeing me all by myself and them thinking I have no friends.

• Like 9

I go alone every now and then. I will take my headphones and people watch. I'm normally pretty good about talking in lines and have met a bunch of great people but sometimes I get sandwiched in between a bunch of teenagers, that's when the headphones come in handy..

• Like 9

Youngstud does not need others to have fun.

I thought you always had 6-12 of your "Buds". Lol

• Like 7

I've been to Cedar Point alone before, and recently Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. I still have fun, but not anywhere close to when I go with friends. I think I don't enjoy it as much because I am super self conscious and being alone just looks weird to other people, or at least it does in my head.

• Like 4

I also have the same problem of worrying about if I see someone I know, they'll think I have no friends and am a loser...I also just wouldn't have as much fun alone...although the friend I go with most of the time bails out at around noon...

• Like 5

95% of my trips to KI are alone! I love going by myself. Going to KI alone is my way to unwind and get away from life for a while. I almost always meet up with someone on this board at some part of the day, but for the first few hours of the day I love only having to take care of just me and doing only what I want to do at the park! I hope all these comments are helpful for I was not sure myself how many of us enjoyed a solo day at the park as well!

• Like 12

I have gone alone a few times. Its not bad but just not something I enjoy. I like to talk to people and I like to be able to just discuss any and all things with friends and family.

The few times I have gone by myself, it was nice though. It was easy to just meander in and out rides as I pleased.

• Like 3

I've done a solo trip to Hershey and had a blast. I can talk to about anybody and I had a ton of fun chatting with so many random people from such different walks of life.

I often go to KI with my family and break away for a some laps on DB and It's given me a unique perspective of how fun it can be to fly solo. I also get a lot of rerides as a solo rider.

On the other hand, on what was about to be a solo day at CP (day before CoasterMania) I ended up meeting up with Terpy on a days notice. Had I decided to not go, I would have missed out on one of my best park trips ever.

The moral of the story, Just go.

• Like 9

I have a solo trip planned for this Wednesday. It will be my 6th trip alone. I think going alone and going with a friend both have their advantages and disadvantages. It seems that every time I take someone they are worn out by 1:00. I, on the other hand, can go all day by myself. It is always nice to have someone to talk to when you get lonely, because I am dreadfully awful at striking up random conversations with people I don't know well. Another downside of bringing someone is that they usually aren't an avid rider like me. I like to marathon some rides and most people just don't seem up to that. The bottom line is that going alone is fun and you will get a lot of what you personally want to do done. I hope you have a good trip! :D

• Like 5

I'm 32 and single. A lot of my friends either have families now or have significant others, so they just can't do as much with me as they used to. Hence, I end up doing a lot of things by myself and I love it. I've been on numerous trips in my life with family, friends and for business. However, one of the best trips I ever took was when I drove cross country by myself. Heck, last night I went to watch fireworks by myself. As for Kings Island, I've never been there by myself, but I would have no problem whatsoever going alone. In fact, this Fall, I'm thinking about going to Haunt by myself. One thing I enjoy about the Haunt is the scenery around the park. I just think the props, sets and just the overall visuals throughout the park are stunning. I've always wanted to go to Haunt just to take in the scenery and take pictures. When I'm with someone else, it's hard to sit back and just take in the scenery because they're usually more into wanting to ride and do the Haunts than to enjoy the visual aspect of it.

And I agree with The Interpreter in that the older you get, the less you care about what people think. Being 32, I'm not that old, but there's a huge difference between how I feel about others seeing me alone now compared to just 10 years ago when I was 22. I just don't care now.

• Like 6

I didn't realize there is a KIC meet up section. I'll look into that. I kinda figured the only perk to going alone would be that you can do whatever YOU want to do at YOUR own pace without anyone giving you any crap.

I typically prefer being alone. Usually am alone when I go to any park. The only real exception being Knott's since I have a lot of friends/extended family in the area or working at the park. But everywhere else...just enjoying myself, lol. That is the nice thing is I don't have to listen to the whining of the other person, I never deal with that well. I seldom do a lot of coaster riding anyway because I often have my camera equipment. If I want to hang out with someone, I'd usually post something on the KIC meetup board and try to leave the good camera at home. (Doing so frees me up to ride rides. :P)

So doing parks alone is no big deal. XD

• Like 4