Going alone to Kings Island

TeTe27

I go alone pretty often, usually during the week, after work. I'll go for early rides and leave at about noon so I can get enough sleep to go into work at 10p. It's definitely not as much fun as going with friends and family., but I'm a shy person.

• Like 2

I also am an introvert; I enjoy enjoying things in my own way most of the time. Usually when I go to Kings Island it's just my mom and I. Since Mom doesn't ride as much as I do, I get to plan my own routine during the trip. In other words, I love to experience the park in my own way the most.

In contrast, the last 4 KI trips I've done were with groups, so I didn't have as much freedom. In fact, I'm really starting to miss my normal way of experiencing KI - freedom and everything! That many group trips in a row is something I have yet to get used to, since I'm REALLY used to going with just my mom...

For that matter, the next time I go to KI will be my 40th Kings Island trip, EVER, and I would most likely prefer to make the most of it in the freedom-filled way that I'm more used to (just my mom and I). Yeah, I'm a person of a certain routine...:)

Bottom line: If you want to experience the park in your own, personalized way with no conflicts, I would suggest going solo.

• Like 7

In the past I have enjoyed going to the park alone. It makes it easier to ride what you want when you want and just do other fun things and also makes it easier to take pictures of the rides when you want or if you just want to watch the shows.

• Like 3

The problem with going alone, for me, is that I tend to have A.D.D. moments. You know, like when I'll get off Flight Deck, and think "hmm... I'd like to ride The Beast." Then I'll get off The Beast and decide I could really go for a ride on Delirium.

You see the issue with this, I'm sure :P

• Like 9

Newbie from Chicago here.

I was sent to Cincinnati for work two weeks ago, and I made sure to check out Kings Island for the first time. It was amazing, and you guys have a wonderful park. I'm going back to Cincinnati tomorrow, so I'll probably be able to get two or three visits in. Maybe I'm selfish, but I'd rather go there by myself than with others. There's so much to do, and see that I can't imagine two people agreeing to do the same thing.

Hopefully during this trip I can decide if I like The Beast, Flight of Fear, or Diamondback more. being strapped in next to a stranger on Firehawk was a little too awkward for my liking.

• Like 4

I have found you have greater fun alone than with a group. For example a few weeks ago I was in the line for a coaster at KI, and behind me were these very funny and friendly hippies. As well you can go and not have someone screaming in your ear when riding a coaster, but you will be alone. Which on the BLSC i keep hearing someone yell out foods and spreads, i e meat, mustard, etc. You can as well have fun with a group by being a large group having fun together, both in a way can have their plus and minus values.

The problem with going alone, for me, is that I tend to have A.D.D. moments. You know, like when I'll get off Flight Deck, and think "hmm... I'd like to ride The Beast." Then I'll get off The Beast and decide I could really go for a ride on Delirium.

Nothing wrong with that; walking is great exercise!

You should see the way I go around Cedar Point when I'm alone...

• Like 8

Ha. I do that too. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

• Like 7

Ha. I do that too. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

Probably good that the three of us ended up together on KIC Day, then.

• Like 3

Now that I am 16 and can drive and go without parents I almost always go alone. I get realy fed up with groups that fall through, or have a ton of drama or have people who are too scared to ride ride roller coaster and spend half the day marathoning WWC. I live 15 minutes away so I usually start my day with a good breakfast at home and bring a plastic ziploc baggie and cargo shorts to put my loose articles in. I arrive for ERT with two each on Beast and DB. Then and head on over to FH then FOF. Usually a walk on for Vortex is next and a short wait for DT happens next to complete KI's big 6. If I have time I might get a ride in on Invertigo, Racer, AE, and/or FD and if I have even more time a look at 2014 on ET is next. By this time it's only 11 and I head on out to get Chipoltle or Jimmy John's on the way home. I only go with others if I'm invited or it's a KIC thing. A lot of this sounds mean but you do get a lot more done in a shorter time.

• Like 5

I plan to take a break from the site today and go enjoy the park this afternoon/evening solo, but would welcome saying hello to other members if in attendance. Hopefully the events of late doesn't deter anyone from wearing their KIC shirt proudly at the park! If you are at the park today with a KIC shirt on, I will be sure to say hello and thank you for being a proud member (I am assuming the person that started this whole fiasco will not be at the park anytime soon)!

My wife does NOT like coasters, or flats for that matter, and my 9 year olds aren't really into riding like I am, so I've gone alone a lot. I usually stay at Diamondback most of the time. I went the second weekend KI was open this season and rode all coasters and Drop Tower in 2.5 hours and then left when I got bored. I was forced to ride Invertigo with another rider who was at the park alone as well and was tempted to ask if he wanted to join me on some other coasters but didn't. Going alone is boring for me only when waiting in line, really. I have a blast on the rides whether I know the person next to me or not, although having a friend next to you is better.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I have been alone before and it is awkward but fun. You get to go wherever you want with no disagreement LOL

My fiancé is too big for most coasters and those he could fit on he is afraid of heights so I'm used to being alone in lines and on rides :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I've personally never been to any park alone, but I don't really think it would bother me too much.

I've gone with people but have ridden rides alone and don't mind it at all. I like to meet new people who share a love of coasters and I enjoy the serenity of truly being able to soak up the ride as a whole and not the people next to me all the time.

Generally I enjoy the company, but going alone (or even going with people but riding alone) isn't always such a bad thing :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to Cedar Point alone before, and recently Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. I still have fun, but not anywhere close to when I go with friends. I think I don't enjoy it as much because I am super self conscious and being alone just looks weird to other people, or at least it does in my head.

Yeah, I think we all become more insecure about being alone at public places like KI because we are super self conscience. Usually, other people waiting with you are not even wondering why you are alone. For all they know, you just broke free of your group to go on something they didn't want to ride.

• Like 7

I usually meet up with Upstop and hit the park. But I have went to KI several times alone. In fact going to the park alone is how I met Upstop. Most of my friends did not eat, sleep, and breathe amusement parks like I do so I would go alone.

I sometimes find going to amusement parks by myself a great way for "me" time. I have met some great people along the way by going alone. Heck if you see a guy in line by himself it may be me!

• Like 5

I usually meet up with Upstop and hit the park. But I have went to KI several times alone. In fact going to the park alone is how I met Upstop. Most of my friends did not eat, sleep, and breathe amusement parks like I do so I would go alone.

I sometimes find going to amusement parks by myself a great way for "me" time. I have met some great people along the way by going alone. Heck if you see a guy in line by himself it may be me!

Plus sometimes you can make some life long friends right M&M?

• Like 4

So true Upstop, hard to believe that was back in 2001 at the Son of Beast shoot.

• Like 3

So true Upstop, hard to believe that was back in 2001 at the Son of Beast shoot.

12 years! And we have miles and miles of coaster track to go!!!! May I say "Wee Wee Wee, loopity loop!" Lmao!

• Like 4

The only time It's not fun for me to go to the park alone is during haunt. Having worked in various haunted houses for the past 10 years is really easy for me to know where and when someone is going to pop out. I enjoy taking people to haunt to watch them get scared lol. Any other time I'm all for riding alone. I stick my iPod in my zippered pocket, run my headphones through my shirt and I have a whole playlist just for coasters.

• Like 3