The Next Cedar Point Coaster

Cedar Points newest roller coaster, Gatekeeper just opened this year and it is the longest wing coaster in the world, it features many different types of breathtaking inversions such as an inclined dive loop and a zero-g-roll. Get out to Sandusky and go key-holing while you conquer the guardian of the gate!

Enjoy 2013 and the debut of Gatekeeper at Cedar Point while its still here! Its already July and Gatekeeper is closing the gates to Cedar Point in October which is closer than you think, So get out and enjoy this year at Cedar Point while its here!

• Like 8

Really?

A. What ride will Kings Island put in in the year 2525, if indeed man is still alive?

B. What year will Mr. Ouimet retire, resign or be fired, and why?

C. Who will be Kings Island's next owner? Why?

D. When will Kings Island close forever? Why?

E. What park will inherit the business that KI would have had?

F. Who will own Holiday World next? When and why?

G. What color car will the next KI GM drive?

Terp, just speculatin' or expectorating.

• Like 6

Really?

A. What ride will Kings Island put in in the year 2525, if indeed man is still alive?

B. What year will Mr. Ouimet retire, resign or be fired, and why?

C. Who will be Kings Island's next owner? Why?

D. When will Kings Island close forever? Why?

E. What park will inherit the business that KI would have had?

F. Who will own Holiday World next? When and why?

G. What color car will the next KI GM drive?

Terp, just speculatin' or expectorating.

LOL. Of those, only F is reasonable to speculate on at this time, given the ongoing legal battle. The question asked in the OP is only slightly less ridiculous at this point in time than the rest on Terpy's list. :P

I'm just saying that discussion of HW's future ownership is reasonably appropriate at this time because it's currently in question (in fact, we have a thread for it). The speed of the legal system is irrelevant.

There's a thread for Cedar Point's next new coaster, too.

I guess the thread is now relevant!

I totally agree with Terpy! One thing that I have wondered about since I spent a lot of time at Indiana Beach as a kid, (who has a lot of the rides over water.) Does CP have the ability to build over top the lake? If they could, would they?

I totally agree with Terpy! One thing that I have wondered about since I spent a lot of time at Indiana Beach as a kid, (who has a lot of the rides over water.) Does CP have the ability to build over top the lake? If they could, would they?

It would be cool to have that, one thing that Cedar Point has is the camping lodges. That can be a place for rides but it's a camping lodge they won't get rid of it.

Since Lake Erie adjacent to Cedar Point's shore is navigable waters of the United States up to the ordinary high water mark, there would be permits required...permits not likely to be granted nowadays.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia, or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Results may vary in different bodies of water.

Since Lake Erie adjacent to Cedar Point's shore is navigable waters of the United States up to the ordinary high water mark, there would be permits required...permits not likely to be granted nowadays.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia, or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Results may vary in different bodies of water.

Being a great lake, I did not figure that would happen otherwise we would have already seen a ride over the water!

Cedar Point offers parasailing, which is a ride in itself. Seriously, if you've never been, you have to.

I've wanted to go parasailing both of the times I've been to CP. However, both times neither the weather nor my budget would cooperate. Grrrr...

Cedar Point offers parasailing, which is a ride in itself. Seriously, if you've never been, you have to.

I've wanted to go parasailing both of the times I've been to CP. However, both times neither the weather nor my budget would cooperate. Grrrr...

That does sound like fun and something I have not done!

• Like 1

You can. I'll be over here behind my computer, alternating between laughing at you and shaking my head. :P

(Unless there's actual evidence of a dark ride coming to CP that I'm not aware of, in which case ignore my second sentence.)