2003 Souvenirs

aero11

What are some new souvenirs you would like to see the park sale for the 2003 season? I would like the park to make a VHS / DVD of the park that shows all of the main rides and some behind the scenes footage. I would also like them to continue selleing the poster size park maps.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not interested in the patch. Embroidery would be cool though. i remeber when Top Gun first opened and they had those carts with shirts and Dog Tags that they made and stuff like that on them. That is one of the few times I saw a Top Gun Golf shirt for sale at PKI.

Ahhh.... the 30th anniversary maps.... it would be nice to know what they did with all those maps that didn't sell, maybe they'll be back for something less than 2.50. What I personally want to see is more Spongebob attire and merchandise, but that is just because I work in Merch and that stuff sells. Other than that, it would be cool if we started to sell more than three types of towels this year. The WW, Spongebob, and USA towels were a bit depressing to look at in a display (well maybe for me). But that is what I want to see. Everyone else's desire's are nice, but I don't see many of them being sold, but who knows.

Yeah, that was cool too. I am sure they got rid of the jumpsuits so that people weren't sweating their tails off working Top Gun in the middle of summer. Not only do I miss that, but I also miss being able to walk underneath the Top Gun loading platform, where it looked like an aircraft carrier. I also wish they would have kept the ride painted in gray and red, like when it was originally installed. I think it looked better than the gray and silver we have now. There are lots of things that I miss about PKI, but Top Gun is still one of my favorites and I really miss the extras.

I know this comment doesn't really apply here, but you guys talking about the jumpsuits made me think of uniforms. For some reason, I remember that the female employees at Kings Island always wore gingham dresses..some red, yellow, blue, pink, and I think they also had aprons on or something along those lines with it. Think of what a pain that would've been to work in!! They looked like square dancing dresses! laugh.gif

Yeah, but haivng uniforms for different areas, would probably make the ticket prices increase, since PKI would have to get more money to cover all the different uniforms. The uniforms they have now are cheap to obtain, Khaki shorts and blue golf shirts. They probbaly crank those out on site. It would be neat to have the different areas with their own uniforms again, but would be quite expensive.

I think after 2004 sesaon, the big coaster one, supposedly, KI should not add any new ride, and spend money on theming, which includes ride unis, If you've ever been to IOA, you walk into a section of the park and you feel like your there, i.e I went into Jurrasic PArk, and there were these tropical plants everywhere, and at obne point a huge raptor animatronic pops out of the bushs, pretty darn scary and awesome.

During the year when Reptar and Thornberrys were added, the greatest thing was the theming of the ride areas, with Tommy, Chuckie, Angelica, Elisa, Darwin...and that elephant! Yeah! But they could definitely do something with Delirium...ride the storm...and have the surrounding area (queue and whatever else) look like it was ripped up by a tornado. Theming should be pretty heavy for Scooby. I think another good thing would be to have some sod and big trees planted in SOB area...just because that would definitely make the experience SO much better than it already is; I feel like I'm riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when I'm on it...all the desert stuff. Tomb Raider and Flight of Fear's theming is also awesome...it's all a matter of what you can do with the ride. Gimme a theme for Racer or The Beast and I'll stand corrected, but I think PKI does well with themes.

I've always thought that for The Beast they could have an old train stuck out in the woods. Like maybe right after the brake run or one of the turns out there, sorta tear out the hand rails and make it look like something flew threw it. Then sorta place the train out there and make it look like it crashed and was torn up by The Beast. If they don't do it all year they could maybe do it for like fear fest or something, that would be pretty cool.

Yeah, that's sounds cool. Don't they have like a mining theme for The Beast though. If i remember right, they have a mining cart kinda by the bottom of the first hill. So that coaster has a little theme to it, but what about Vortex? Does it have any theme, from what i remember it does not.