Delirium Movie

teenageninja

All of those footers? Only 4. Footers are the cheapest part, plus being only a test they don't need to attach it as well as they would for real use, though I don't know.

Actually, they would ahve to fully assemble it, and bolt it down as hard as if it were permanent. Not doing this, on a ride that is a pendulum, woule cause rocking in the bases, and eventually the ride would tear itself apart. I am sure they poured the footers before constructing it, as engineers make tolerances for rides, and PKI poured their footers well in advance of Delirium showing up. Concrete only needs 30 days to cure to 100% strength. It gets about 70% of its strength in the first 10 days after being poured.

Guest theataris

I bet they didn't pour it to 100% strength, and probably didn't even put all the bolts in. I doubt it ran more then 5 test cycles, they just wanted to make sure it worked and didn't have huge flaws. they didn't have people on it, i can assure you of that. they probably just had a little wire to control it too... like an on/off switch. just kidding, i dont know how rides work. but yeah. i doubt it was in a situation where they could have invited hitler and friends to come take a ride.

Rides are very complex. Its easier to understand them if you think of them like gigantic computers. Computers use input and output to make the computer do different things for you. The same is true with rides. They also use a form of Logic, and Input/Outputs. Like on coasters when they come into the station, in order for the brakes to apply, the coaster has to pass those little green boxes which have a magnetic sensor in them, and those tell the computer and probably the ride op, when to hit the brakes. Those boxes are called prox or prximity sensors, and detect when metal pass in front of them.

I was watching the video again today and I'm sitting there, thinking to myself, "Self, this video looks fake, like it was added to nothing, with animated people." Than I though, "This video looks like it could be computer generated." "And finally, "These people look German, it must be a Huss's test grounds."

Guest theataris

A ride can be thought of as a giant computer... or you could just look at the giant computer that controls it... And, to the best of my knowledge, Delirium doesnt have little green boxes along the track to decide when the brakes are triggered... just a thought, of course.