Cedar Point running out of room.

At some point, if they plan to keep on expanding, w/o ripping out still useful rides along the way, I imagine they'll purchase another plot of land (like perhaps the airport) to handle the parking, install a shuttle system and building into the curent parking lot. If they could expand out into the parking lot, there would be a TON of room.

• Like 2

CP has been running out of room for the same amount of time Vortex has been sinking.

From our perspective it may look that way, but that is just not the case. All rides have a certain lifespan. The business side of CP has to determine if the return on investment in the upkeep of ride "x" is worth it (DT and WC are prime examples as far as CP goes).

It has been rumored for sometime that CP does have an exceptional amount of land near the Point.

• Like 6

CP has been running out of room for the same amount of time Vortex has been sinking.

From our perspective it may look that way, but that is just not the case. All rides have a certain lifespan. The business side of CP has to determine if the return on investment in the upkeep of ride "x" is worth it (DT and WC are prime examples as far as CP goes).

It has been rumored for sometime that CP does have an exceptional amount of land near the Point.

I feel some rides last as long as the park wants them. I mean take a look at this beauty!

• Like 1

Plus look at a shot from above via satellite/plane. You only see the path/areas they want you to see or interact with. Besides that theres a ton of area and room. Cross the train at gemini on the right all those trees and buildings hide an employee break area, maint. shops, back way to mean streak/carpentry, ect. Same for the other train station by Mantis, behind Red Garter all the way to Snake/Shoot the rapids, tons of room. You see only a percentage of all land space.

Hell look at the Jungle (infield of Iron Dragon/blood on the bayou), theres a TON of room there

How is all this land not buildable, technically speaking the beach is the poorest section of land to build, however a previous coaster, two current coasters, and an observation needle were all built on the sand with no issues. Land can be moved, added, or changed to needs. Honestly if land WAS a huge issue, if CP got the permits and rights to do it, they could quite possibly dredge as well. However like I said, they aren't currently land locked, so I don't see this in any near future plans whatsoever. There are YEARS of expansion room available still

Just because you see land doesn't mean it is necessarily buildable.

Still, Cedar Point needn't worry about land availability as a planning constraint for many years to come. Especially given what's planned to alleviate that...soon.

Are you referring to the hotel makeover?

http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2012/12/02/Firm-to-invest-60M-to-restore-old-hotels-and-beach-properties.html

Are you talking about the Cedars Dorms? Those seem the most likely to be gone. There's rumors of them moving Perimeter Road and totally expanding the park out that way.

I found these two pictures over on PointBuzz. It's an excellent photoshop of what could be done with that area if the Cedars were removed and Perimeter Road was moved.

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/njr140/media/newroadcopy.jpg.html

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/njr140/media/newroad.jpg.html

• Like 1

Are you talking about the Cedars Dorms? Those seem the most likely to be gone. There's rumors of them moving Perimeter Road and totally expanding the park out that way.

I found these two pictures over on PointBuzz. It's an excellent photoshop of what could be done with that area if the Cedars were removed and Perimeter Road was moved.

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/njr140/media/newroadcopy.jpg.html

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/njr140/media/newroad.jpg.html

I remember seeing those back when they were 1st posted and I became really excited. Granted these are just enthusiast plans on what we want, but they're really good plans.

And Interpreter, what you're referring to with future plans and such, if what you are hinting at is true, would you be able to at least give a year we could see this happen? Next year? 2015?

And I also heard an interesting rumor that Cedars won't get removed next year but the year after...And instead Gold would be removed next year. There's also been talk of removing Corkscrew and adding a new family looping coaster in its spot. I just don't know what to believe.

And then there's this: https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/350277692849008640/photo/1

Could it be part of the promo for a new dark ride? Or I also saw someone mention on PB that is could be for a new logo, maybe relating to the hotel reno.

Whatever is going on now at the point, I feel like there are good things in the works for the next few years. It looks like KI won't be the only park to get some more attention soon...

If they do remove cedars and golds, eh ok, I'd feel bad for individuals without vehicles like our international employees. Also if they do this they need to add to the employee dorms off point now then too. If they're ganna go that far they need a serious renovation and whatnot..old crappy buildings, little to no WiFi, bed bugs, terrible bathrooms, ect. I'd love to see the investment and hope it happens soon as cedars is ganna fall over here sooner or later if someone leans on it wrong.

• Like 2