Cedar Point running out of room.

Network, network, network.

And learn, learn, learn.

That's my best advice. It starts out in life with what you know and can do (training and education). It becomes, for many, who you know (networking, connections, corroboration). Later in life, it's who knows you (reputation, renown, still connections).

In short, thrills connect. So go big!

• Like 3

They manage to put millions of people on a small island on the east coast, which straddles two rivers. Sure, they may not live in spacious single-family homes like most of us on here do, but it works quite well. Not saying Cedar Point needs to take density to a severe extreme, but I'm using such a built environment as an example as to why Cedar Point isn't really running out of room...

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Nearly 6 years later and Cedar Point's seen 1 new coaster, 2 conversions, and Pipe Scream- even though it isn't considered a coaster by some.

The park still has a lot of room, but they would have to do some work to make that room useful. Cedars is on the way out which means more potential room in the park but they'd have to alter Perimeter Road. They still have all of Adventure Island to use if they need to. Also if Wicked Twister were to be removed, it would open up the beach area more. 

• Like 1

True, removing Wicked Twister would open up some room, but with such a small footprint, you can't fit much of anything in that area except maybe a flat ride.  I don't really see them removing it though. I suppose if the yearly ridership numbers or maintenance warrants it, it will. 

• 3 weeks later...

Except what would that gain them?  Its not like it sits on a large plot of land.  

I think the more logical place for expansion would be on the marina side, by where Wildcat and the dorms currently are (for now anyway).

It is worth noting that they continue to purchase more land on the main land and not on the peninsula.  They haven`t revealed what they intend to use that additional land for.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

They are also not using the whole plot of land where Sandcastle was. Not saying a coaster or ride may go there. Its an open plot of land. I know some RV spots are there but not on the whole site.

I worked for Light House Point over the summer as a Front Desk Sup. I heard that they kept tossing around different ideas but I personally think that section of land is intended to be used for resort purposes. Whether they want to add more cabins, rv spots, or water activities is beyond me; but going from my experiences, I don't think an amusement park attraction would work in that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

they have space. If they move all dorms off site like some of the other. It would add a lot pf space. I think one day we could see a coaster get very close if not out into the water!

The last on point dorm already closed at the end of the 2018 season.  Two new dorms are being constructed off the peninsula next to the existing dorms and will be open by the start of the 2019 season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kenban said:

The last on point dorm already closed at the end of the 2018 season.  Two new dorms are being constructed off the peninsula next to the existing dorms and will be open by the start of the 2019 season.

Yeah I know they closed. They just need to be torn down. My guess is for the 2020 season.

• 1 month later...

There might me some more room available. According to the Sandusky Resgister, the park's on site dorms are being officially being taken down.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201901090052

I had fun in that place...still space is everything. I wonder if they'll reroute Perimeter Road and another attraction or expansion of some kind.

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

There might me some more room available. According to the Sandusky Resgister, the park's on site dorms are being officially being taken down.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201901090052

I had fun in that place...still space is everything. I wonder if they'll reroute Perimeter Road and another attraction or expansion of some kind.

They aren't removing them for no reason, I'll tell you that.

• Like 2