Intimidator 305 Closed: Cable Lift Problems

Its a freak accident, even the best products have a failed part now and again.

Cedar Fair knows their flag ship park Cedar Point would not be what it is today without Intamin.

Are you a secret Intamin spokesman or something? I have never seen someone so much in love with them in all my life! :P

Yes, they make cool coasters, but even you have to see how they have acquired the nick name it-a-might-work! Reliability issues have kept parks from even considering their coasters.

• Like 3

He is just someone that likes to push buttons to get a reaction. Just wait until Kings Island announces their new ride isn't an Intamin. I can just imagine all the Big Sexy topics from this Young Stud.

I don't really see how him stating his opinion about Intamin is a way to just "get a reaction". He is merely stating that he believes Cedar Point would be nothing without it's collection of Intamin rides. Whether you agree or disagree, he is allowed to have an opinion.

Anyway...people seem to just look the other way when B&Ms have their share of downtime. Last time I was at Cedar Point Raptor was down for an extended period. ( I think this was two years ago) While on the other side of the park Millennium Force and Maverick were running just fine. Sure, for the most part B&Ms are pretty reliable, but they aren't the flawless, never down gems that people make them out to be. Every ride has it's share of problems now and then. i would take an Intamin Giga or Intamin maverick style ride over a B&M any day.

• Like 4

When you state your opinion multiple times in multiple threads it goes past the point of merely expressing ones opinion.

Not to mention you are on the wrong thread, this one is about I305, not Cedar Point. He mentions "his opinion" so much, even you are confused about what thread you are reading, lol.

• Like 2

When you state your opinion multiple times in multiple threads it goes past the point of merely expressing ones opinion.

Not to mention you are on the wrong thread, this one is about I305, not Cedar Point. He mentions "his opinion" so much, even you are confused about what thread you are reading, lol.

Nope, I'm definitely in the right thread. All of these threads are basically tied together anyway. Here's an exact quote from this very topic.

Its a freak accident, even the best products have a failed part now and again.

Cedar Fair knows their flag ship park Cedar Point would not be what it is today without Intamin.

Anyway, I am just sick of people saying "oh my god, theez n00bz r so annoying!!!? I cant beelieve that a new ride @ Kings Island would bring so many annoying people here!11!1!" When half of them were "n00bz" when Diamondback was being built. Some people act like they own this site, and don't like new people with differing opinions. They were new on this site too, once upon a time

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not just a case of different opinions. It's a case of ramming an opinion in other people's faces.

Seriously, try to find a YoungStud post not about Intamin superiority, women (including his "hot wife",) or something not relevant to the thread topic.

• Like 6

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's not just a case of different opinions. It's a case of ramming an opinion in other people's faces.

Seriously, try to find a YoungStud post not about Intamin superiority, women (including his "hot wife",) or something not relevant to the thread topic.

I'm not specifically defending YoungStud. I am saying, people, in general, have a right to come on here and express their opinion. Even if it's different than the majority. I haven't seen too many "troll" posts by YoungStud. I just see him stating his opinion a lot. But that's what forums are for right? Discussing things, and adding in your own opinions on subjects?

And, I am also not saying everyone has to like every single member that posts here either. That goes along with the whole "Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion" thing. What I am saying, is that it's ridiculous for people to say he needs to get banned. For what...exactly?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KD's website has the following listed on their thrill rides section:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: We are working with the ride’s manufacturer and anticipate that Intimidator 305 will reopen later this Fall. We will release additional information as it becomes available on our website.

I honestly thought that I305 would be down until 2014. This sounds like they may have it back up for Haunt.

• Like 2

Hats off to intamin for getting this taken care of!

Oh yes because taking two months to take care of an error on one of your biggest coasters (one you had to re-track part of after it's first season) is definitely worth applauding...

I don't see to many giga coasters with quick insane transitions around....