what would cedar point be today without intamin?

There will be a point where these coasters will be removed. When that happens, you can find out.

You think?

Myself and others got into coasters with the additions of mf and ttd.

Without intamin they would have not hit the 300' mark until after 2010's.

A b&m floorless and flyer would not have been as successful as the intamin giga and strata.

• Like 2

Says who? A lot of people got into coasters well before those 4 were installed, heck I'm guessing more than 1 person got into roller coasters b/c of Intamin's earlier designs of Disaster Transport and Gemini Jr, and certainly there were people who fell in love with coasters because of the non intamin Racer and Beast.

I'm not sure what your point is. Cedar Pointe would have continued to be Cedar Pointe, different coasters would have been installed, the park would have continued to be successful

• Like 1

You could also say the same thing without Arrows in the park, if it weren't for arrows pushing the 200ft barrier, or bringing several inversions, or reaching angle of drop/ect. Intamin wouldn't be able to do what they did today. The companies are all just trying to one up eachother, that's all it comes down to. Anything can be built given the technology, resources, and desire. It's just a matter of who went first. If arrows maintained their popularity, innovated, and went further, they could possibly be in the same boat as Intamin AG, B&M, ect. However now with their ownership under S&S Sansei I do not see them going too far or innovative anymore unfortunately.

Tbh, none of these companies would produce what they have produced without Toomer or Stengel honestly.

• Like 2

Cedar Point would be about the most boring park ever to me even if just Maverick was taken out, but take out the other Intamins, I would've never gone to Cedar Point in the first place. Their big coasters before the 2000's I don't even like.

Raptor- I don't like inverts

Mantis- I don't think much of anyone actually LIKES stand-ups.

Magnum- It hurts like he**/heck

Mean Streak- Meh.

The only coaster I like out of the non-Intamin list is Gatekeeper.

• Like 2

Cedar Point hit it's stride in the late 1970s to early 1980s. I actually credit the high profile installs of Gemini and Demon Drop with laying the groundwork for their "thrill seeking" demographic.

Quite frankly, CP jumped on the bandwagon following KI's install of Beast. KI got world-wide coverage from that install.. other parks... such as CP, took note and followed suite.

The installs since have allowed them to maintain their reputations. But I think the proper question would be "Where would CP be without the Marketing Blitz of the early 1980s?"

Shaggy

• Like 7

Also there is alot more arrow in the park than you realize.

Antique Cars

Cad Cars

Turnpike Cars

Corkscrew

Gemini

Snake River Falls

Magnum

Iron Dragon

Earthquake (Defunct)

Mill Race (Defunct)

Pirate Ride (Defunct)

White Water (Defunct)

Original Shoot the Rapids (Defunct)

Compare that list to Intamin AG;s

Maverick

Millenium

Top Thrill

Wicked Twister

Shoot The Rapids

Disaster Transport (Defunct)

Demon Drop (Defunct)

As you can see, Intamin has played a roll in the park no doubt, but I give Arrow more credit for helping shape the park into the world class amusement park it is today. Intamin may have installed a few more "firsts" and "bests" originally, but they are nothing without the R&D, design, and creation of rides and attractions like Arrow has for Cedar Point.

• Like 4

Cedar Point would be about the most boring park ever to me even if just Maverick was taken out, but take out the other Intamins, I would've never gone to Cedar Point in the first place. Their big coasters before the 2000's I don't even like.

Raptor- I don't like inverts

Mantis- I don't think much of anyone actually LIKES stand-ups.

Magnum- It hurts like he**/heck

Mean Streak- Meh.

The only coaster I like out of the non-Intamin list is Gatekeeper.

I was thinking that others would feel like this.

Its like asking what your favorite car is and the other person saying we would have nothing if it wasn't for the model t.

Antique Cars

Cad Cars

Turnpike Cars

Corkscrew

Gemini

Snake River Falls

Magnum

Iron Dragon

Earthquake (Defunct)

Mill Race (Defunct)

Pirate Ride (Defunct)

White Water (Defunct)

Maverick

Millenium

Top Thrill

Wicked Twister

Shoot The Rapids

Demon Drop (Defunct)

As you can see, Intamin has played a roll in the park no doubt, but I give Arrow more credit for helping shape the park into the world class amusement park it is today. Intamin may have installed a few more "firsts" and "bests" originally, but they are nothing without the R&D, design, and creation of rides and attractions like Arrow has for Cedar Point.

Its funny that all the roller coaster specials that come on cable usually showcase MF or TTD. Those rides are recognized around the world. I cannot think of a b&m that is world renouned.

What a stupid argument we are all engaging in with youngdud.... he is just trying to rile the masses...

This is a conversation bro,

maybe your doubting your self coolness and think your cool by putting youngstud down.

Not a conversation Broseph.... You spout endless upon endless rants about Intamin. The rest of us have grown weary of your intamin love. We get it. Intamin = Great, B&M = not as great. Whatever.

I dont doubt my "self coolness." I am married to a woman who loves me, father to a son who adores me, teacher to students who respect, friends with people who rely on me, brother and son to people who care for me. I could not care less what people think about my "coolness." When you get to a certain age being cool does not matter....

I would love to have a conversation about the impact some of the intamin coasters had on CP. But to state that the park was not great beforehand is stupid and short sighted.

• Like 10

Its funny that all the roller coaster specials that come on cable usually showcase MF or TTD. Those rides are recognized around the world. I cannot think of a b&m that is world renouned.

Basing your argument off of roller coaster specials on television

lol

• Like 8

Antique Cars

Cad Cars

Turnpike Cars

Corkscrew

Gemini

Snake River Falls

Magnum

Iron Dragon

Earthquake (Defunct)

Mill Race (Defunct)

Pirate Ride (Defunct)

White Water (Defunct)

Maverick

Millenium

Top Thrill

Wicked Twister

Shoot The Rapids

Demon Drop (Defunct)

Just because a ride is known all over the world doesn't mean it is the greatest roller coaster on the planet. Son of Beast, for instance.

Unless you're an RCCA fanboy, too.

• Like 2

Shark-

I think you are cool.

- Brown

I think you are cool too brown. we are all awesome!

hqdefault.jpg

broskie,

no, it is how cp would be now without all the media attention it got from intamin's innovative rides such as MF and TTD. Not that the park sucked beforehand.

Broana

Awe, as I tell my students, lets define your hypothesis.... So you are saying you believe

the hype generated by Intamin prototype rollercoasters, helped make CF well known around the world and a thrill seekers paradise.

I would refer to Shaggy's answer that the hype machine was started in the 80s.

And most of the hype was related to the park not the coasters. I would believe that most parks want you to know the name of the park and the ride not the manufacturer of the ride.

• Like 5

Antique Cars

Cad Cars

Turnpike Cars

Corkscrew

Gemini

Snake River Falls

Magnum

Iron Dragon

Earthquake (Defunct)

Mill Race (Defunct)

Pirate Ride (Defunct)

White Water (Defunct)

Maverick

Millenium

Top Thrill

Wicked Twister

Shoot The Rapids

Demon Drop (Defunct)

Just because a ride is known all over the world doesn't mean it is the greatest roller coaster on the planet. Son of Beast, for instance.

Unless you're an RCCA fanboy, too.

SOB opened to rave reviews, weren't you in your diapers when it opened???