What ride would you not ride at Kings island.

CP&LERR Fan

There are only 4 for me - Linus' Launcher, Sally's Seaplane, Woodstock's Whirlybirds and Xtreme Skyflyer.

Linus' Launcher is fun, but it's a bit painful on the knees and hard to get in/out of. Seaplane and Whirlybirds are rather boring (though probably not if you have a kid with you). Never really liked Skyflyer - initial drop is fun but I got bored after that.

• Like 1

Invertiblow.

IndyGuy4KI really wants to know if the ride experience was exactly the same, but had Intamin written on the side of it instead of Vekoma would you be riding it?

Funny, in another thread you said you cannot wait to ride maverick when you say that intamin rides does not do anything for you. Just saying.

Invertiblow.

IndyGuy4KI really wants to know if the ride experience was exactly the same, but had Intamin written on the side of it instead of Vekoma would you be riding it?

Funny, in another thread you said you cannot wait to ride maverick when you say that intamin rides does not do anything for you. Just saying.

I never said I would not ride them or enjoy them. I also don't remember saying that they don't do anything for me either. Yes, I was very let down by Millie when I rode it for the first time. It has speed I will give it that, but given the air time machines that B&M delivers and the reliability, I will pick B&M over a Intamin every time.

Invertiblow.

Where on the side of Invertigo is Vekoma written?

I think it is on a sign by the operator box. I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. It was meant to be like an imaginary brand logo like a Ford logo on a F150, or a Ram head on a Dodge Ram 1500.

I notice you did not answer the good gentleman's question...

I think he is to bias towards Intamin to be able to answer.

Respectively, if Intamin had made DB with the same exact ride experience I would not love it any little less, although my ride count might be a little less than it is now... :lol:

• Like 5

Invertiblow.

I never said I would not ride them or enjoy them. I also don't remember saying that they don't do anything for me either. Yes, I was very let down by Millie when I rode it for the first time. It has speed I will give it that, but given the air time machines that B&M delivers and the reliability, I will pick B&M over a Intamin every time.

Invertiblow.

Where on the side of Invertigo is Vekoma written?

I think it is on a sign by the operator box. I didn't mean for it to be taken literally. It was meant to be like an imaginary brand logo like a Ford logo on a F150, or a Ram head on a Dodge Ram 1500.

I notice you did not answer the good gentleman's question...

I think he is to bias towards Intamin to be able to answer.

Respectively, if Intamin had made DB with the same exact ride experience I would not love it any little less, although my ride count might be a little less than it is now... :lol:

As of June 26th you said you had yet to be impressed by an intamin:

Posted by IndyGuy4KI on 26 June 2013 - 02:16 PM in Kings Island

YoungStud, on 26 Jun 2013 - 1:36 PM, said:snapback.png

I hope its not a b&m. As far as hypers/gigas, Intamin is leaps ahead on B&M in the ride quality. Even the Supes at darian lake and sif flags America is better than any b&m hyper in the states(I hade rode them all).

As far as an invert, a Launched intamin breaking Wicked twister's of 72mph and it be a full layout would be unbelievable.

When you say ride quality are you talking about ride reliability or ride experience?

When it comes to reliability it seem everyone I have talk to in the industry agrees that goes to B&M.

I agree that Intamin does take risks to get a new ride experience,but I am personally not been all that impressed with the Intamin coasters I have ridden.

Posted by IndyGuy4KI on 13 February 2013 - 05:54 PM in Off-Topic

I am really wanting to ride Maverick right now.

• Like 3

There are some rides, like scrambler I won't ride because spinners make me sick or at best feeling like I'm going to be sick.

There are some rides, like Drop Tower, that I have been on, but don't like and doubtful I'd get on again w/o a cash offer b/c heights bug me (though it makes me wonder why I have no problem with heights on a coaster)

Then there is woodstoock flyers (or whatever those helicopter things in Planet Snoopy is called) that I'm very thankful my 5 year old son has never taken a big interest in. I think he's been on them 2 or 3 times in the last 3 seasons. The lines are always long (well slow actually) and ride is about as boring as it can get. I have yet to figure out what the peddles are for, doesn't seem like they did anything the 2 times I've riden the ride. I say a little prayer each time we go, that my 1 year old daughter will take a similar dis-interest in the ride, while at the same time being willing to ride every other ride she height will allow her on.

• Like 5

:rolleyes: I think your talking about the woodstock whirlybirds? My four year old is over it but the two year old still loves it. I try to get it in early before the line and the heat hits. It turns into an oven in there. Yeah, that's the one ride I always hope she doesn't take notice. " You want to ride the whirlybirds? How about we get some blue ice cream!" Works every time! :P

• Like 6

There are some rides, like scrambler I won't ride because spinners make me sick or at best feeling like I'm going to be sick.

There are some rides, like Drop Tower, that I have been on, but don't like and doubtful I'd get on again w/o a cash offer b/c heights bug me (though it makes me wonder why I have no problem with heights on a coaster)

Then there is woodstoock flyers (or whatever those helicopter things in Planet Snoopy is called) that I'm very thankful my 5 year old son has never taken a big interest in. I think he's been on them 2 or 3 times in the last 3 seasons. The lines are always long (well slow actually) and ride is about as boring as it can get. I have yet to figure out what the peddles are for, doesn't seem like they did anything the 2 times I've riden the ride. I say a little prayer each time we go, that my 1 year old daughter will take a similar dis-interest in the ride, while at the same time being willing to ride every other ride she height will allow her on.

The pedals on the helicopters don't actually do anything. When I worked at that ride in 2005, I was told that the pedals originally provided the power to move the helicopters, but they changed things because people weren't pedaling. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

• Like 3

Years ago, you could make them go faster if you pedaled. Think about all the problems that could cause. It did. Now they don't.

I can definitely imagine why that would cause problems. That could be why they have sensors on them to prevent them from colliding (the white "fin" below the rear of each helicopter plays a role in this as I recall).

• Like 3

Firehawk/X-Flight. What's funny is that I rode it at Geauga Lake in 2005 and then rode it again when it came to Kings Island in 2008 without realizing it was the same ride I didn't like. I feel helpless and scared when on my back (and worried my wallet or phone will fall out) and feel like I'm going to fall out when I'm in the "flying" position. It doesn't feel like flying because those restraints press so heavily against me.

After riding Vortex last Thursday, it was terrible. The ride has become so uncomfortable and my head was spinning for hours. In the past it wasn't that bad, but now I think it is time to retire Vortex and put in something different.

Oh and Firehawk too...the restraints are bad.