Announcement: You Are Invited!

BoddaH1994

I like the idea of having ERT for the event but why waste it on Invertigo? Go for the bigger rides like Drop Tower, Delirium, or Flight of Fear.

I liked having the ERT on Dodgem, Scrambler, and Monster the last time. We had an awesome time during the last event. It would not hurt my feelings if we had ERT on a coaster, I personally think I would like to have ERT on Flight Deck. That would be a fun KIC ERT event coaster!

Going to back to what you posted Crypt, DT and Delirium would be fun too!

• Like 4

ERT is nice and all, but I want other things for the events that make it "special." I can ride the rides anyday and marathon them on some days, some I cannot, but getting tours, behind the scenes, interviews, ect. that's what makes the events special for me. When I get to have a Q&A with a great entertainer like Ed Alonzo, or get to see behind the scenes maintance stuff and interview one like the last KIC event, that was great. Going in and getting shots of rides or going places never/not normally seen, that's awesome.

My favorite event was pointbuzz's first CP off season event. We got a tour of WindSeeker, the front half of the park, dragster station sans trains and covered in snow, all the way under the top hat, and back down through PWX and the jungle under iron dragon. Following this we had a beautiful Q&A with Bryan, Becca (she actually started off pretty good haha, then dropped), PB founders, and then eachother, with a bit of slides/ect.

We can ride these rides until we can't anymore everyday out of the season, but show us the stuff we can't see that make it different than every other event. Show us the maint. buildings, or get to talk to them, let us go under flight deck (great photo op wouldn't you think), show us inside backlot (it's not a popular ride but how cool would it be to walk in the building of the final run), ect..As enthusiasts we see, know, and ride rides all the time. Give us the cool stuff to make it worthwhile.

• Like 10

ERT is nice and all, but I want other things for the events that make it "special." I can ride the rides anyday and marathon them on some days, some I cannot, but getting tours, behind the scenes, interviews, ect. that's what makes the events special for me. When I get to have a Q&A with a great entertainer like Ed Alonzo, or get to see behind the scenes maintance stuff and interview one like the last KIC event, that was great. Going in and getting shots of rides or going places never/not normally seen, that's awesome.

My favorite event was pointbuzz's first CP off season event. We got a tour of WindSeeker, the front half of the park, dragster station sans trains and covered in snow, all the way under the top hat, and back down through PWX and the jungle under iron dragon. Following this we had a beautiful Q&A with Bryan, Becca (she actually started off pretty good haha, then dropped), PB founders, and then eachother, with a bit of slides/ect.

We can ride these rides until we can't anymore everyday out of the season, but show us the stuff we can't see that make it different than every other event. Show us the maint. buildings, or get to talk to them, let us go under flight deck (great photo op wouldn't you think), show us inside backlot (it's not a popular ride but how cool would it be to walk in the building of the final run), ect..As enthusiasts we see, know, and ride rides all the time. Give us the cool stuff to make it worthwhile.

Whether this event will feature ERT or not is something of which I am not certain. If any of you have been to a KIC event before you already know that we like to make it special in other ways... As the devariouseffect said, you can ride any time...

• Like 6

I agree that the special things like behind-the-scenes tours are much more enjoyable than specialty ERT. Earlier this month, I went to the event hosted by CoasterCrew, and the best part of it for me was getting an extensive behind-the-scenes tour of Beast (we walked back to the 2nd lift hill, got to see the motor shed for that hill and chatted with a maintenance guy [the same one that you chatted with during the KIC event]) and getting to see the international restaurant, still sporting 1970s-style furniture.

• Like 4

It has always amazed me. I was at the announcement for Son of Beast. (No, I'm not Montel Williams! :))

ERT on Beast followed. ACErs were there, as were the media and friends of the park. And Werner Stengel. After the announcement, the media followed the park people, interviewed the ACErs, or left quickly and quietly. The ACErs gave interviews and\or high tailed it to Beast. One person hung behind and had a very nice conversation with Werner Stengel.

That person waited til later that evening to ride Beast. It was better at night, anyway!

• Like 9

What was it like to have that ride revealed like that? Was it a complete surprise? Did it seem crazy?

I never got a chance to be surprised by SOB as I Grew up from 5 till 8 sorta learning what the ride did.. and even then, not understanding how unique it actually was.

I really want to go (I didn't join just because of this event, it wasn't even announced when I joined, i joined because I wanted to also talk about the park and the rides and the construction) and I can't drive and my mom would have to bring me. She's not a kic member though, would she still be able to go with me?

It has always amazed me. I was at the announcement for Son of Beast. (No, I'm not Montel Williams! :))

ERT on Beast followed. ACErs were there, as were the media and friends of the park. And Werner Stengel. After the announcement, the media followed the park people, interviewed the ACErs, or left quickly and quietly. The ACErs gave interviews and\or high tailed it to Beast. One person hung behind and had a very nice conversation with Werner Stengel.

That person waited til later that evening to ride Beast. It was better at night, anyway!

He's a ride designer, right? I'm jealous.

• Like 4

That sounds fun. Last year's PB offseason tour was my 1st. I'm sure you heard about it (maybe you went) but we got to see the construction of Gatekeeper. I wonder what this year's will be. I love stuff like this.

Bummer!

Opening Sunday for the NFL!

Oh well. Have fun all! Take lots of pics!

:)

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of other opportunities to watch the Browns lose. :P

Hopefully I can be there. That's my grandmother's 89th birthday so that has priority, but depending on times for everything I may be able to make it.

• Like 5