Dollywood

markr

At long last I got to take my first trip to Dollywood and I must say that despite the heat it was one of the most delightful experiences I have ever had. I will just highlight some of the major parts of my trip.

1. The rides.

a. Thunderhead-now my number two fav woodie behind El Toro. That is one kick a___ride while at the same time not giving me a headache or back ache. The well cushioned seats remind me of the seats on the old Shooting Star which made for a very comfortable ride.

b. Texas Tornado-in my opinion the best arrow looper I have ever ridden. Very smooth.

c. Mystery Mine-loved the theming and, although a little jerky, a very thrilling ride.

d. Wild Eagle-while not quite as great as Gatekeeper ( Of course how can any ride compete with the keyhole 0 G-roll?) at any rate a very enjoyable ride-my fav element was the second inversion and the view of the park was awesome. The only negative-the stench on the shoulder restraint from the sweat of a prior rider. ( Ewwww.)

e. The train ride is about 20 minutes long but one of the best train rides that you will experience at any theme park.

2. The food-did not eat a whole lot at the park but the pull apart pork sandwich was delicious. I especially got a kick out of the lady that waited on me. The sandwich came with an order of beans and potatoes on the side. When I asked if I could substitute the beans for an extra order of potatoes, the lady said sure and called out my order " Pulled pork and a double order of taters!" I just love southern accents.

3. If you go, make sure that you check out the museum showing the story of Dolly's life and career-there is a real treasure trove of information there. Also, there is a great ACE museum showing the history of the roller coaster-however, I think the museum is going to close this fall.

4. The best part of the park, however, was the wonderful Southern charm of the staff-could very easily get used to being called "darlin" or people saying "howdy" to me.

I plan on going back hopefully in the fall when it is a little cooler.

• Like 4

Oops, I don't think this ride is at Dollywood, "b. Texas Tornado-in my opinion the best arrow looper I have ever ridden. Very smooth."

I am just giving you a hard time. ;) I am sure you meant to say Tennessee Tornado! But, I do agree with you!

Dollywood is an awesome park! Great rides, great people, and for sure GREAT FOOD! Glad you had a great time there!

• Like 2

Oops, I don't think this ride is at Dollywood, "b. Texas Tornado-in my opinion the best arrow looper I have ever ridden. Very smooth."

I am just giving you a hard time. ;) I am sure you meant to say Tennessee Tornado! But, I do agree with you!

Dollywood is an awesome park! Great rides, great people, and for sure GREAT FOOD! Glad you had a great time there!

Oops, thanks for pointing out my error-my apologies to the great state of Tennessee, not that there is anything wrong with Texas but need to give credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

Oops, thanks for pointing out my error-my apologies to the great state of Tennessee, not that there is anything wrong with Texas but need to give credit where credit is due.

I also pointed out the error as well - see post #2. :)

Did you do Blazing Fury, by any chance? For me that's almost a guilty pleasure. x)

What's so guilty about it? To me, it's just a great old-timey dark ride slash coaster type thing. :)

What is Blazing Fury, anyway? I would assume it's considered a powered coaster with dark ride elements.