KI Gold pass usable for parking at cedar point?

benred23

I performed a search, but was unable to return any results. I read somewhere a while back that their was a glitch in Cedar Fairs system that allows you to use a Kings Island Gold Pass to park at Cedar Point (Or Any Cedar Fair park for that matter) for free. Is there any truth to this? has anyone done it successfully?

Assuming such a glitch is true, you would first have to convince the people at the parking gate to try scanning it.

Also, aren't the former Paramount parks still on the Paramount computer systems?

Yes they are on the Paramount computer systems from what I'm aware, although I had heard somewhere that they were finally merging them.

I also agree, you'd have ton convince the parking attendants to scan it first. My pass for last year and this year have been from CP, so I've not had any trouble scanning there or at KI.

I recall in 2008 (first year for Platinum), MIA advertised their parking-add-on option was valid at all Cedar Fair parks. I also recall Kings Dominion advertising their Gold Pass included free parking at all Cedar Fair parks. At one time at least, parking was parking in the Gate Central system (with no differentiation between parks). Even if this is still the case you could still run into problems. The first has already been mentioned: convincing the CP toll employee to scan the pass. If they do scan the pass there is still the possibility that the system may fail to connect to the KI servers.

^Not really different at all. Only in that situation you should be able to take your Platinum Pass to Guest Relations and get a comped ticket. I wouldn't expect CP GR to refund someone's parking because they have a gold pass from KI.

Another issue is time it takes to connect to another park's server. Last year at Kings Dominion, my WOF Platinum Pass was approved BUT the ticket taker didn't give the computer the extra few seconds it needed to connect to the servers in Kansas City. Instead he scanned again. And we all know when you scan a pass a second time in the same day it brings up a red x.

• Like 1

^Not really different at all. Only in that situation you should be able to take your Platinum Pass to Guest Relations and get a comped ticket. I wouldn't expect CP GR to refund

someone's parking because they have a gold pass from KI.

Another issue is time it takes to connect to another park's server. Last year at Kings Dominion, my WOF Platinum Pass was approved BUT the ticket taker didn't give the computer the extra few seconds it needed to connect to the servers in Kansas City. Instead he scanned again. And we all know when you scan a pass a second time in the same day it brings up a red x.

Thank you. Now we know what happened to me at Carowinds that morning. They were insistent I had already been in the park. At 9:20 AM.

Again, thanks. NOW it makes sense.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I performed a search, but was unable to return any results. I read somewhere a while back that their was a glitch in Cedar Fairs system that allows you to use a Kings Island Gold Pass to park at Cedar Point (Or Any Cedar Fair park for that matter) for free. Is there any truth to this? has anyone done it successfully?

A lot people thought that gold passes got the same treatment as platinum because it was listed under the same benfits menu, but they changed the website to reflect a better understanding of benfits of gold or platinum benefits