Body Odor on Ride Restraints

markr

Sorry if this is a gross discussion but I am curious. As I stated in my Dollywood trip report, I noticed a foul stench on the restraints of Wild Eagle and Thunderhead which was the result of people's sweat-I think I may have noticed this on the lap bars of some of the coasters at KI. Do the ride operators regularly disinfect the rides? This is not in any way a complaint as I have noticed this on rare occasions at the park-it is not a consistent problem.

I always notice this, but it's just something you have to accept when it comes to a large public place like an amusement park. Some people do not have good hygiene and some just sweat a lot! I do try and always clean my hands a lot after I get on rides like that.

I dont think that has much to do with it honestly. You can have the best hygiene in the world, But after walking around Kings Island in 90 plus degree temps with 80% Humidity, even the cleanest person in the world Gonna be Stinky!

• Like 1

I try really hard not to think about it but I agree with Jr for Birdy. My concern is more with stanky folks in line and not the smell of the restraints. I mean the smell of the restraint will last a max of 4 minutes while waiting in line with a stanky person could be up to 2 hours if the line is that long!!!LOL!

• Like 3

Don't forget that during these hot, humid days, people perspire a lot and sweating is the body's way of cooling its body temperature. Granted there are some people that do not have the best hygiene, but that would be a very small portion of the guests at the park. But when you have people riding rides with the restraints tightly against their body, there is bound to be some transfer of perspiration due to the large number of guests that ride.

• Like 1

Every morning at CP, we would spray all the restraints down with our chemicals, dunno about KI, I would think they do, however I will follow up to see. I will say through the day when it's hot as hell, you can't really get over it when you have some people sitting in those seats

...or the 'seats' on Mantis....ewwwww, just ewwwww

After seeing a lady get strapped into a Maverick restraint that was wet with a viscous bodily fluid, sweat is the least of my concerns.

...or the 'seats' on Mantis....ewwwww, just ewwwww

Yup, they got sprayed too :P

About cleaning at Mantis... don't be in line while they're hosing off a protein spill. You may get wet.

A group of people were seemingly enjoying the water falling from above last week, until I freaked them out by informing them of the source.

• Like 3