Fast Lane Plus at Cedar Point

Gatekeeper & TTD can shut down due to high winds. Dragster will go down with any drop of rain, ect. Gatekeeper can stay up in light rain, and I think a bit more it may be able to transfer off, not sure never been there during a moderate rain, either light, or pis* storm. I'd say it's worth it, but I go when I know the park will be empty/not crowded so I haven't bought it. For those I know that did buy it though, great investment. Don't buy online though, go to the park, judge if it's needed, and then get it. One day we did think about getting it, however Gatekeeper's line was a 20 min wait at max, the last two rides were walk ons at closing so we got 6 rides in one day.

• Like 1

Fast Lane=good idea, Fast Lane plus=not so much. Here's why: we got the plus pass on a Tuesday, GK was very crowded and we rode 8 times in a row until our collarbones couldn't take the restraints anymore. We went to TTD and the regular line was no longer than the Fast Lane line(you merge at the bottom of the split ramp). I'm guessing everyone was waiting for GK. So GK is enjoyable for maybe 3 rides all day, after that it just hurts. TTD lines were much shorter thanks to the newness of GK. All the other rides were great to walk on thanks to regular Fast Lane.

• Like 1

Gatekeeper can stay up in light rain, and I think a bit more it may be able to transfer off, not sure never been there during a moderate rain, either light, or pis* storm.

GateSleeper can and will run two trains in light to moderate rain, as I saw while I was there for CoasterMania. I don't know how heavy the rain has to get to shut it down, as it never rained heavily while I was there.

We use photo eye/limit switches where I work and sometimes they get gummed up or fail completely. I always mention that fact to whoever I'm riding with. I love reactions.

What I don't mention is that our equipment is exponentially harder on them than roller coasters and that when they fail it triggers a response in the machines that something is wrong and they will not work.

I assume rides would do something similar and default the block system to no go and shut the ride down.

• Like 2