Mobile device or PC computer

CP&LERR Fan

I'll switch between my Android and Windows 7 PC. However, whenever I make posts, it's from my PC. I would use my android more, but its an older one with very sketchy internet. It'll work for a week and then go days with no connection. It is highly aggravating and makes the phone basically useless. I need an upgrade and desperately want the HTC One, but... not happening.

Majority of the time I use my Asus laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate with Intel Core i3) but I've started using my Galaxy Note 2 to browse also.

Also have an old dinosaur desktop, Dell Dimension 3000 running XP Professional with Pentium 4. Got it for my 18th birthday and just turned 26 two weeks ago...

• Like 3

Titan, if you get a Windows 8 laptop I've heard that it takes getting used to. Went to the Microsoft Store out at Kenwood when it first opened and took me a while to get used to it. A TON of former Best Buy employees got recruited to that store before it opened but I did not go along with them...

Line at Apple Store was out the door, hardly anyone in Microsoft Store. DURING THE HOLIDAYS.

Windows 8's user interface (Metro) is extraordinarily bad for a desktop computer. It works well enough for touchscreens, tablets, and the like - but that's not where most people are using it.

Sure, you can "get used to it" and regain productivity, but arguing that is missing the point. For desktop productivity, Metro isn't intuitive and doesn't lead to a more productive workflow.

The only entity that benefits from you learning to be productive with Metro is Microsoft, who would really like to sell you your next phone or tablet.

• Like 2

I have an intel-based Windows 8 tablet, effectively rendering my laptop useless. Depending on where I am, I'm either on my iPhone, my tablet, or my gaming PC. Very rarely, and only when taking my lunch break, I will use my work PC to access KICentral, but even then, I've only done that once, and it was to keep tabs on the Soap opera that was the 2014 thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...