Shoot The Rapids boat flips over with riders

We do not know the fate of the one rider transported to the hospital. Early accounts claimed she had a severe head injury.

We also don't know the facts in either case yet.

With all due respect, it's too early to compare the two, other than the Texas case has a fatality. The causes remain to be determined.

• Like 2

On a more serious note, I'm still trying to figure out how it could of rolled back down the lift hill. How can anti-rollbacks fail???

The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't have anti rollbacks. I've only ridden it once because its a very mediocre ride so I haven't really seen the lift hill.

You can do a lot

These accidents don't deter me from riding but now I'm going to be more cautious when riding any type of ride

How so? How can you keep a boat from going backwards? Well?

You got me terp, what I mean is I'm going to be more alert when riding any rides anywhere.

I disagree. If your more aware you can react quicker and possible get out of a sticky situation in a better way.

In some cases, there is absolutely nothing the riders can do, when it is a ride malfunction like this. I can only imagine what I would have been thinking had I been on this boat...well, then again, I did get flipped over at the pool end of Hyena Falls @ HW and was put underwater for a few seconds. Not fun, and I'd hate being stuck underwater for even longer as could happen on a ride like this. (At least Hyena Falls has nothing stopping you from swimming up when it flipped me at the end)

I don't think Intamin looks very appealing in Mr. Ouimet's eyes right now. I305 AND STR are having problems and the safety mechanism on MF failed (though I'm not sure if it was designed by Intamin or not.) Then there's always the possibility the launch cable could snap on TTD...

• Like 1

Guest Department47

The reports of a boat "flipping" seem pretty dramatic and potentially over-exaggerated, especially considering the fact that all but one of the riders were treated at the park's First Aid.

I don't think Intamin looks very appealing in Mr. Ouimet's eyes right now. I305 AND STR are having problems and the safety mechanism on MF failed (though I'm not sure if it was designed by Intamin or not.) Then there's always the possibility the launch cable could snap on TTD...

Which safety mechanism on MF failed?

• Like 4

Which safety mechanism on MF failed?

And the launch cable has snapped on ttd. Please do more research before posting.

• Like 1