Death at Six Flags over Texas

Oh No...this is bad on so many levels if this is accurate information. My thoughts for the family, if he/she had one (which I am 99% sure they did)...wonder what could have caused this? Did the rider disregard the ride safety rules (may be likely), or is there a possible design flaw in New Texas Giant...?

This event will always go through my mind while cresting the 2nd hill on Diamondback.

Not trying to poke fun at this situation.

I always think of this on DB. I wish they had some sort of seat belt as backup for it. Because it can be tight enough for safety but loose enough to not interfere with the massive airtime you get. It at least gives you a chance to stay on if there is a malfunction. Without a seat belt you have no chance to stay on DB with a failure.

• Like 3

For anyone who is interested, here is a picture of the New Texas Giant's trains and restraint systems (if this picture is inaccurate, let me know BTW):

TX_Giant_G_trains2.jpg

No seat belts or anything of the sort...I know they are a bit of a drag and slow down loading times, but seat belts on coasters are usually a good idea since they offer a nice backup should the main restraint system fail...

• Like 2

Diamondback has both a primary and a secondary restraint system. In addition, the seats are tilted back (as on every sit-down B&M since Kumba). A rider would remain on the ride with no restraint system, unless they tried to get out.

I believe you but it is hard to believe if I was sitting in the front row cresting the first hill or any other that I wouldn't fall out. How do you know this?

• Like 1