KI 7/19

coasterfanatic83

I'll keep this short and sweet for you guys.

• I noticed quite a few execs and supervisors walking around today. More than I have ever seen in one day, including some people with Kings Dominion name tags, and even Mr. Matty Ouimet. He was walking around with Greg Scheid around 11:30. I was looking at the construction site and I saw them there just looking at things and over the hill and into the valley. I saw them again walking on the pathway right in front of me while I was on Slingshot. I wonder what they were talking about? :)
  • In terms of Project 2014, there was quite a bit of activity in the morning. It looks like there were new holes being dug, and there was a cement truck, which I assume was for new footers. These footers span a large area, from SOB's station to the tree line behind Adventure Express. This thing is going to be huge. You get a pretty good view of it from Slingshot (which is a new view for me!)
  • I tried Hank's Burrito Shack for lunch, and was again disappointed with the quality. The chicken was dry and the tomatoes weren't good either. I don't think I'll be going back again, with so many other great options throughout the park.
  • I made another child cry on Dodgem. I wasn't even trying to and I barely nicked the kid, so I think he just got overwhelmed or confused or something. I felt bad about it.
  • There was a few storms that rolled through and shut down every major ride for about an hour each time. The park was not crowded at all, especially after the second wave of storms.
  • I forget who mentioned it on here, but I tried the thing on Diamondback where you sit in the back and look behind you. It was pretty sweet to see on the first drop, but after that I got a bit of a headache from straining my neck. Oh well :)
  • Reds HOF Grille was incredible for dinner. There are so many options on the menu that sound good that I never know what to get! The service was great, the food was great (I got the ribs), and there were no issues at all. A+ for last night, and I will be back.
  • Every time I see a middle-aged man in a bro-tank I assume it is YoungStud. There was one last night that had a tank on that said "MY MONEY GROWS ON TREES." I'm convinced it was him.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! Thanks for reading :)

• Like 12

That's what I was thinking too. If I were him I would hate to not be on-hand to help with that whole scenario. Imagine that phone call...

Also, the KD folks are sticking around today. Via Twitter:

Showing officials from @KingDominionVA our 12-time, award-winning kids' area, Planet Snoopy.

• Like 5

• I tried Hank's Burrito Shack for lunch, and was again disappointed with the quality. The chicken was dry and the tomatoes weren't good either. I don't think I'll be going back again, with so many other great options throughout the park.

The chicken was dry on 7/18 as well. I never did see anyone else ordering food there, so things got to sit out for long time. With a heat index around 100, souvenir cup refills were the hot item of the day.

Save for the dried out chicken, everything else I had was good. I get mine with rice, extra beans, lots of onions/peppers, jalapeños, salsa, and cheese. I'm always wary of uncooked, cut tomatoes at quick service places.

• Like 2