FIRE: CAMDEN PARK

A quick analysis of a still from the Damron video...

The sign on the Dodgem is tiered, other buildings don't seem to have this feature.

Note the sign on the Whip at left in both the fire footage and the Google Map aerial. The temporary, blue structure in the middle of the midway seems to have been removed since the aerial was taken.

Camden+Park+Comparison.png

Sad to hear this and hope they can recover from it. I passed through Huntington on my way to Beckley for a funeral a couple of weeks ago and remembered seeing signs for it on I-64. Didn't realize until I checked back in on here exactly what the place was.

So sad! Fortunately, damage was limited, and it did not spread to the maintenance or Whip buildings. Its especially sad given the age of the Dodg`em ride. Hopefully they will rebuild it, although it will never be able to replace the ride destroyed by the fire.

• Like 6

That is indeed fortunate Robby! Given the size of the blaze and the close proximity of the other rides surrounding the dodgem, it is a miracle the damage was isolated! I guess we won't truly know until more details are revealed in the next days/weeks however.

• Like 1